Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Salon.com posted story today stating that Bush may have been wired during the first debate. If true, I guess he really is a puppet. For the sake of the country, I hope he would not do something so low. Comments? Anyone know anything else? Link to Salon.com:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...lge/index.html
    Maybe part of a bullet-proof vest?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I would be amazed with all the cameras if they honestly thought they could put a speaker in his ear. Doesn't mean that it didn't do something a bit more subtle (like shake).
    actually bush spent the morning of the debate in Florida talking to the survivors of the hurricane(s). He got himself all tuckered out before the debate (being old and all ).
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Hmmm, Salon magizine is not exactly known as a conservative rag. This is just another example of how in America these days the mere accusation of something is taken as truth by far to many people. I saddened by the lack of ability by many folks to apply even a little bit of common sense and judgement.
    TxDot, how many people have you counted who are taking this as the truth? And are you saying that because the site is 'liberal' they are not telling the truth? Regardless, as Chick said, it's a mute point.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    TxDot, how many people have you counted who are taking this as the truth? And are you saying that because the site is 'liberal' they are not telling the truth? Regardless, as Chick said, it's a mute point.
    Sorry to have to correct you oops and chick, since you are both teachers and all, but the expression is "moot point", not mute.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=moot%20point
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    I was making a general point thought I'm sure there are a number of people who will believe this story. Part of what drove me to make my comments was this story http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...3&sid=96378798 Both candidates have plainly stated that they are not in favor of reinstating the draft but people insist on believing it.

I also was saying that Salon was lying simply because it is a liberal rag. It is logical however that they would "push" the story because it paints Bush in a negative light even though the story is outlandish. Hence my whine about the "mere accusation".
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Sorry to have to correct you oops and chick, since you are both teachers and all, but the expression is "moot point", not mute.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=moot%20point
    Shhh
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Shhh
    Dotbaby...are you trying to "mute" me
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Dotbaby...are you trying to "mute" me
    Well that's better than trying to moot you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Well that's better than trying to moot you.
    Hehehehe
    I read this same article on Salon. Electoral-vote.com also has something about it, along with a photo of Bush.

If Rove was squawking in Bush's ear, that may account for his strange behavior in the last debate, and also that odd moment when he barked "don't interrupt me" when no one was talking... he must've been talking to the ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I read this same article on Salon. Electoral-vote.com also has something about it, along with a photo of Bush.

If Rove was squawking in Bush's ear, that may account for his strange behavior in the last debate, and also that odd moment when he barked "don't interrupt me" when no one was talking... he must've been talking to the ear.
    I've seen enough movies and TV shows to know that if he was going to wear something like they are suggesting, he would have worn it between his legs or someplace other then in the middle of his back
    Claire referred to the wrong person. Oops!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Un-Mute:

Not only did Oops make the error with the expression, he did a Kerry and claimed that you said something you didnt. Unlike Dan Rather, I stand corrected
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 10/08/2004 at 08:22 PM.
    Un-Mute:

Not only did Oops make the error with the expression, he did a Kerry and claimed that you said something you didnt. Unlike Dan rather, I stand corrected
    rather then what? Or did you mean Dan Rather?

Glass houses are so dangerous to live in when you cast stones.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    rather then what? Or did you mean Dan Rather?
    umm...mr. grammar...it's than, not then.
    Would Rather rather?
    clairegrrl, I teach math not English. And when I have said 'mute' (moot, rather...) it was to galvanize Chick's point NOT to directly quote her. But you are the journalist: do you call it analogy?
    Last edited by Oops; 10/08/2004 at 08:13 PM.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    umm...mr. grammar...it's than, not then.
    See! That's what I am talking about<<<<<<<<standing in the shards of his broken house.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast