Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I did a search on Factiva for any story around that time that mentioned this incident and I cannot find a single one.
    Though I have not read the websites talking about this, CNN says:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

and talks about the "bulge" in his back...
    Try finding a non biased link.

CNN has always been know at the Clinton News Network.
    Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    Though I have not read the websites talking about this, CNN says:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

and talks about the "bulge" in his back...
    I was referring to the D-Day speech. Sorry for any confusion.
  5. KBS
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    That's the plan.
    Ditto. Sad state of "affairs " when the choice is the lesser of the two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    After the speech, you can see Bush remove the earpiece from his ear....Seriously, how can anyone have respect for Bush at this point. I mean, isn't it pathetic that our President needs crib notes in order to speak in public?

Do any Bush supporters care to defend Bush at this point?
    Hey kitten...ya ever figure that since Chirac speaks french, it was an earpiece to the translator. When there is nothing there, you just have to make stuff up.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I had realized that it was a translator. The interesting thing is that there is an English voice going over it while Bush was speaking English. Which leads me to a few observations:
    It may be a parallel feed that goes to the translators.
    It may have been fabricated.

I don't really know what to say as I have searched Factiva for news from around that time and can't find anything that even mentions it.
    Disrespecting someone due to notes - what a farce. Why not disrespect someone for what they say. Isn't that a bit more open and honest? How can you possibly respect someone who cannot remember what he says? The president is suppose to lead the country and is suppose to do so in a moral manner. Bush does that, he speaks of his morals and acts in accordance. Kerry speaks of his morals in one location, of his morals in another location and normally changes his moral stance. What about his support for abortion? What about his support for the economy - outsourcing, et cetera. What about his support for the environment.

Get a life here - stop blaming only Bush. This is very old when you cannot accept the plain and very displayed fact that Kerry is a total farce, in addition to being a self-acclaimed war-crimes kind of guy.

I have a plan. I lost count at 76 and have yet to hear a plan - just the words.

Ben
    Here's the truth...
    (Hope this works, cos it didn't on preview..)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Hey kitten...ya ever figure that since Chirac speaks french, it was an earpiece to the translator. When there is nothing there, you just have to make stuff up.
    Isn't it Kool Aid time for you?

Eurokitty, I know you are just joking, but I suggest you think harder about using the Kool Aid joke. It refers to people who were mentally dominated by Jim Jones and ultimately lost their lives by drinking Kool Aid laced with poison.

Those were real people, moms, dads, and children. They are now dead, but leave many family and friends behind. Whatever you think of their politics or religion, it doesn't seem right to me to joke at their expense.

I'm not trying to bash or flame you - just expressing my personal distaste for the Kool Aid references both sides of the political expression are using these days.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I was reading isbushwired.com and an interesting explanation for the Chirac press conference is mentioned. Read it beginning with "As to the times in which viewers heard a voice other than the president's speaking his words, i.e. on the night of 9/11 and during".
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Eurokitty, I know you are just joking, but I suggest you think harder about using the Kool Aid joke. It refers to people who were mentally dominated by Jim Jones and ultimately lost their lives by drinking Kool Aid laced with poison.

Those were real people, moms, dads, and children. They are now dead, but leave many family and friends behind. Whatever you think of their politics or religion, it doesn't seem right to me to joke at their expense.

I'm not trying to bash or flame you - just expressing my personal distaste for the Kool Aid references both sides of the political expression are using these days.
    It is also a South Park reference not a Jim Jones reference. I remember Jim Jones well, since I grew up in San Francisco. My Aunt even attended his church for a time.

I might also add that based on the number of PMs I've received expressing hilarity over the kool aid comments, I don't think too many people were that offended.
    It is also a South Park reference not a Jim Jones reference. I remember Jim Jones well, since I grew up in San Francisco. My Aunt even attended his church for a time.

I might also add that based on the number of PMs I've received expressing hilarity over the kool aid comments, I don't think too many people were that offended.

Hmmph I wonder where the South Park folks came up wih it?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Hmmph I wonder where the South Park folks came up wih it?
    I'll make you a deal woof: you remove the assault weapon avatar (which *I* find offensive, because, let's face it, lots of people have been killed with GUNS) and I'll stop making the Kool Aid references, m'kay??
    I'll make you a deal woof: you remove the assault weapon avatar (which *I* find offensive, because, let's face it, lots of people have been killed with GUNS) and I'll stop making the Kool Aid references, m'kay??

and if I put a picture of a car or a kitchen knife or a piece of rope are you gonna cry about that too. Lot's of people have been killed with them too.

Would a guillotine picture be ok? or a cruise missile or a tire iron? or maybe a glass of Koolaid!!!

try disabling avatars in the CP if you dont like it. it's just an inanimate object.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    and if I put a picture of a car or a kitchen knife or a piece of rope are you gonna cry about that too. Lot's of people have been killed with them too.

Would a guillotine picture be ok? or a cruise missile or a tire iron? or maybe a glass of Koolaid!!!

try disabling avatars in the CP if you dont like it. it's just an inanimate object.
    How about a Confederate Flag?
    why would I put a Confederate flag as my avatar? I am no where near the south.
    — Ed Howdershelt

Gee, if lots of people think it is funny, than I guess it must not be classless, repulsive, and obnoxious. Let's start making fun of those guys who were beheaded. That will be funny too.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Woof, what kind of a rifle is that, anyway?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast