Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    that's OK. i cast the stone because I have no windows left
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    that's OK. i cast the stone because I have no windows left
    Slappy...you're a breath of fresh air. I assume it's cause you have no windows.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Would Rather rather?
    clairegrrl, I teach math not English. And when I have said 'mute' (moot, rather...) it was to galvanize Chick's point NOT to directly quote her. But you are the journalist: do you call it analogy?
    What you were saying was regardless, wired or not, he's not a good debater. That would make the point moot. Take your beating and let's move on.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Hey! I just noticed a bulge under the Bush's left arm. I think he's wired again. Well maybe he's not wired up but he is fired up! Go W go!!! No wait! Kerry has a bulge too. See? It's right there under his lower lip.

Oops, I think I just showed my conservative side but I do think it was done in a compassionate way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Hey! I just noticed a bulge under the Bush's left arm. I think he's wired again.
    The bulge has been attributed to a connection to the Internets.
    I thought it was his fish
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Slappy...you're a breath of fresh air. I assume it's cause you have no windows.
    and i bathe regularly
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    He did a Kerry? Perhaps if you have read my post in the first place you wouldn't have done a Bush?
    Pssstt...Chick: it ain't worth it....
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    I'm not quite sure how Rather fits into the discussion here, which only leads me to ask 'what's the frequency Kenneth'?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks.
    Huh? What? Did you think I was sticking up for you? WRONG!! It was unrelated to everything you said...I was sticking up for, uhm, erm, Ooops! Yeah, that's it! I was sticking up for the Speedo wearing cat!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I'm not quite sure how Rather fits into the discussion here, which only leads me to ask 'what's the frequency Kenneth'?
    PB, I worry about you. Either you drink too much or you don't drink enough.
    I thought it was his fish
    That's got to be one hell of a big fish if it bulges up under his arm!!!
    Well I guess it had to happen eventually...

Someone has posted an mpeg of a speech Bush gave in the presence of Jacques Chirac and several reporters where he was wearing a wire and having his speech read to him through an earpiece.

There is a problem with the signal (it gets picked up by the PA), so you can actually hear Bush's lines being read to him before he speaks them. You can also see Chirac's reaction, and Bush's discomfort because he can also hear the person feeding him his lines over the PA and so he knows everyone can hear.

After the speech, you can see Bush remove the earpiece from his ear.

The mpeg is posted here:
    http://www.philbrittin.com

It's in the "News" section.

Seriously, how can anyone have respect for Bush at this point. I mean, isn't it pathetic that our President needs crib notes in order to speak in public?

Do any Bush supporters care to defend Bush at this point?
    Last edited by Eurokitty; 10/10/2004 at 03:30 PM.
    During any and all big speaches, all politicians read from a teleprompter. From that angle, you should have no respect for any politician. You willing to go that far?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Well I guess it had to happen eventually...

Someone has posted an mpeg of a speech Bush gave in the presence of Jacques Chirac and several reporters where he was wearing a wire and having his speech read to him through an earpiece.

There is a problem with the signal (it gets picked up by the PA), so you can actually hear Bush's lines being read to him before he speaks them. You can also see Chirac's reaction, and Bush's discomfort because he can also hear the person feeding him his lines over the PA and so he knows everyone can hear.

After the speech, you can see Bush remove the earpiece from his ear.

The mpeg is posted here:
    http://www.philbrittin.com

It's in the "News" section.

Seriously, how can anyone have respect for Bush at this point. I mean, isn't it pathetic that our President needs crib notes in order to speak in public?

Do any Bush supporters care to defend Bush at this point?
    You will do anything to be negative about Bush.

Whats the difference between an earpiece and paper notes? Technology. Do you give speeches in front of government leaders? or anyone for that matter? Are you always able to remember every single line or word? I applaud you if you are. Most people cant. I cheat and use notes everytime I speak in front of a group, and I am doing it four or fives times a week. But then I am a stupid conservative and not nearly as smart as you Eurokitty.

Are teleprompters against your rules too? Whether our President can deliver a speech with out notes is hardly an issue, but again any chance for you to lob a personal attack will not go unmet will it. If you are so perfect, get elected and do a better job.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I am continually amazed at the way both candidates can rattle off figures such as xx million jobs lost, spent xx billion on this or that, voted this way xx times, etc. In the second debate, questions ranged from stem cell research to Iraq and everywhere in between.

They must have a very good pre-debate briefing or some very good notes with them...
    Well, didn't take long, but I found one reference to the "pathetic" Kerry who needs "crib notes" to speak in public:
    "Kerry was reading from a TelePrompTer, but trying to jazz up his delivery with a few improvisations. " http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4846930/

I'm not trying call Kerry pathetic (your word), but rather demonstrate this mole hill will never grow to be a mountain.
    Let's conclude then that both candidates suck. And let's elect the one that sucks less!
    -Michael Pritchard
    Let's conclude then that both candidates suck. And let's elect the one that sucks less!

That's the plan.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I did a search on Factiva for any story around that time that mentioned this incident and I cannot find a single one.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast