Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    be that as it may, that intelligence was gathered by those put in those intelligence positions by both democrat as well as republican presidents.

both parties appointed those they felt were best qualified for the job.

now the intelligence was wrong. whose fault now was that? bush?

bush was acting on evidence placed in front of him. democrats agreed with the decision.

its funny, although democrats voted with bush for the war, they are the first ones to criticize him even though they supported the same manner of action!

how can kerry claim to be a golden child here, free of accountability here when he would have made the same move as bush had based on what the intelligence presented.

sure, the intelligence was wrong. but the evidence presented was from people appointed by clinton... i believe tenet was a clinton appointee, right?

in all probability, the outcome would probably have been very similar here no matter who was in office, since saddams arrogance to inspectors shrouded the place in suspicion, and the intelligence offered pointed to wmds?

how can dems claim to be separated from this war? they went with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Democrats (and Kerry) voted in support of the war based on WRONG intelligence gathering and misinformation on Iraq. Dr. Condoleezza Rice admitted the misinformation she had regarding the aluminum tubing prior to the war.
    Speaking of... Bush does a bit of a backpedal today.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...iraq_weapons_1
    No-one doubts 9/11 warranted a strong response, the doubt is whether Iraq was related in any way at all to the fight against terrorism. Nothing Bush or Blair has said so far has convinced me - especially since it's been demonstrated that their intelligence was faulty, or worse misrepresented. As far as the first Iraq war goes I seem to recall some cynicism around at the time but I was only 14 so I was just excited by it. It seemed fairly clear cut at the time, but it has since emerged that Bush Snr's diplomat told Saddam's diplomat that the US wouldn't be bothered if he invaded. It's not as clear cut now is it?
    Animo et Fide
    bad intelligence is a problem for some people and an opportunity for others, that's my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    bad intelligence is a problem for some people and an opportunity for others, that's my $0.02
    And an affliction for many of the people who drive on U.S. highways....especially when I am in a hurry.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    That's an international phenomenon AcDo.
    Mind you, your roads are slow anyway. Which candidate wants to increase the speed limit or get rid altogether? That's who I'd vote for in your shoes.
    (Doesn't one state have no actual limit? A bit like Germany)
    Animo et Fide
    treobk214, take a breather. I have answered your question to why Democrats & Kerry voted in support of the war initially. Who 'put' those intelligence officials in their cubicles wasn't my point nor have I said it was Bush's fault. Again: Many democrats and Kerry (myself included) have supported the war based on FALSE information. Now the we know better we reject the war's premises. And that's not 'flip-flopping'.
    Last edited by Oops; 10/07/2004 at 05:22 PM.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    And an affliction for many of the people who drive on U.S. highways....especially when I am in a hurry.
    Please tell me you're not like those dorky Seattle drivers who pass on the RIGHT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Please tell me you're not like those dorky Seattle drivers who pass on the RIGHT?
    I only pass on the right when brain damaged individuals drive in the left lane when they are not passing anyone.....why do you think they call it the passing lane....it ain't the cruising lane.

Driving in the left lane doing 55mph, doing your makeup, talking on the cellphone telling your friend, "And people are blowing their horns and flashing their lights and making dirty gestures because I am in the left lane! Don't they know the speed limit is 55mph no matter what lane your in?!"...is, in my opinion, grounds for a little nudge into the median.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    (Doesn't one state have no actual limit? A bit like Germany)

Montana has no limit on some of it's interstates....But I have to believe that would be dangerous as hell as most of the drivers in the U.S. are not used to high speed driving for one, and the chance of low speed traffic on the same road.

Fun yes, dangerous, also yes.
    Last edited by ACDriver; 10/07/2004 at 04:48 PM.
    Montana has no limit on some of it's interstates.
    Not correct..Montana Interstate Speed Limit is 75
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Not correct..Montana Interstate Speed Limit is 75
    Unless it's been changed here's the Montana code allowing "reasonable speed"

Did they change it Clairegrrl?

61-8-303. Speed restrictions -- basic rule.
    (1) A person operating or driving a vehicle of any character on a public highway of this state shall drive the vehicle in a careful and prudent manner and at a rate of speed no greater than is reasonable and proper under the conditions existing at the point of operation, taking into account the amount and character of traffic, condition of brakes, weight of vehicle, grade and width of highway, condition of surface, and freedom of obstruction to the view ahead. The person operating or driving the vehicle shall drive the vehicle so as not to unduly or unreasonably endanger the life, limb, property, or other rights of a person entitled to the use of the street or highway.*(see footnote)

(2) When no special hazard exists that requires lower speed for compliance with subsection (1), the speed of a vehicle not in excess of the limits specified in this section or established as authorized in 61-8-309 through 61-8-311 and 61-8-313 is lawful, but a speed in excess of the following limits is unlawful:
    (a) 25 miles per hour in an urban district;

(b) 55 miles per hour in other locations during the nighttime, except that the nighttime speed limit on completed sections of interstate highways is 65 miles per hour.
    (3) "Daytime" means from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. "Nighttime" means at any other hour.

(4) The speed limits set forth in this section may be altered by the transportation commission or a local authority as authorized in 61-8-309 , 61-8-310 , 61-8-313, and 61-8-314 .

(5) The driver of a vehicle shall, consistent with subsection (1), drive at an appropriate reduced speed when approaching and crossing an intersection or railway grade crossing, when approaching and going around a curve, when approaching a hill crest, when traveling upon a narrow or winding roadway, and when a special hazard exists with respect to pedestrians or other traffic or by reason of weather or highway condition.
    Actually, Montana now does have a limit. Too bad. It was better when Nevada had a measly $5.00 penalty for speeding which you could pay to the cop when he/she pulled you over. Now THAT's freedom! Too bad I was underage at the time.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Ah, didn't know they changed it. Sorry for the mislead PB. Thanks for the update grrl and Heberman
    Ah, didn't know they changed it. Sorry for the mislead PB. Thanks for the update grrl and Heberman
    Maybe you should stick to driving your plane and leave driving in the West to those of us that can handle it
    Saddam Hussein was richer then Teresa Heinz Kerry due to Oil For Food rip-off.
    Maybe you should stick to driving your plane and leave driving in the West to those of us that can handle it
    Saddam Hussein was richer then Teresa Heinz Kerry due to Oil For Food rip-off.
    ah new talking points (oil for food), how refreshing, the old ones (WMD) were getting boring

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...iraq_weapons_7
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    Dogs also lick themselves
    Were you the one who posted that peanut-butter-dog-licking-genital slam on Woof in that thread a couple weeks ago that got deleted by the mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    ah new talking points (oil for food), how refreshing, the old ones (WMD) were getting boring

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...iraq_weapons_7
    Brings to mind the sketches on SNL with Dana Carvey as George Bush I..

"slip-slidin' awaaay, slip-slidin' awaaaaay...."
    Great play by play with color commentary
    http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play...ines/9043.html
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast