Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 137
  1. #41  
    I'm happy too.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Dogs always bark the loudest when you get close to their house.
    Dogs also lick themselves
  3. #43  
    I'm happy with the debate too Cellmatrix and I agree with clair. However, I'm kind of bummed out overall because I have come to believe Kerry will win the election.

    Not wanting to get into a Bush v. Kerry thing here with this post (I'll save that for another thread ), I'm just disappointed because of the election result I now expect. My prediction: Kerry wins by about 35 electoral votes, and by about 6 percent of the popular vote. You heard it here first! (I hope I'm wrong)
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by carter437
    Illustreous,

    Are you saying Al Qaeda had ties to 9-11
    Yes.

    if one claims Iraq had ties to Al-Qaeda transitively one claims Iraq was tied to 9-11.
    Man, you are brilliant.

    The fallacy of this logic is obvious.
    Precisely my point. This is the flawed logic, among other things, Reps are using to create a nexus between terms like Iraq, Hussein, WMD, Al-Qaeda, 9/11, terror, etc. I guess they want America to believe they instantiate the same properties and, by a stretch, are one and the same -- "terrorist" widgets, if you will.

    I dunno about 4 more years. Them apples sound more like "4 more weeks"
  5. #45  
    Enough said!

    "You cannot use tough talk during the course of a 90-minute debate in a presidential campaign to obscure a 30-year record in the United States Senate," Cheney said. "I'm saying specifically that I don't believe [Kerry] has the qualities we need in a commander in chief because I don't think, based on his record, that he would pursue the kind of aggressive policies that need to be pursued if we're going to defeat these terrorists."
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    With all due respect clairegrrl, at least Kerry has 30 years experience in the senate. Like it or not, he has done many good things during his senate years and for all people, not just for those voted for him.
    Although Mr. Cheney was elected in 1978 to represent Wyoming in the House of Representatives, and was re-elected five times, serving until 1989, he also served as CEO of Halliburton Corporation, the world's largest oilfield services and products company and Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci. There, in the interest of his future need for bipartisan cooperation, he would dispense with his longstanding contempt for government regulation and subsidies successfully winning over $3.5 billion in federal contracts and taxpayer-insured loans on behalf of Halliburton's understandably impatient and deserving stockholders.
    And your point is...???
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    With all due respect clairegrrl, at least Kerry has 30 years experience in the senate. Like it or not, he has done many good things during his senate years and for all people, not just for those voted for him.
    What exactly has Kerry done in those 30 years? I can think of lots of things he had done wrong, but nothing he has done right.

    Although Mr. Cheney was elected in 1978 to represent Wyoming in the House of Representatives, and was re-elected five times, serving until 1989, he also served as CEO of Halliburton Corporation, the world's largest oilfield services and products company and Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci. There, in the interest of his future need for bipartisan cooperation, he would dispense with his longstanding contempt for government regulation and subsidies successfully winning over $3.5 billion in federal contracts and taxpayer-insured loans on behalf of Halliburton's understandably impatient and deserving stockholders.
    You make that sound as if it is a bad thing.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci.
    Nunc in magna id augue convallis tincidunt. Aenean dolor enim, sodales ut, ultricies eget, vestibulum a, ligula
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #49  
    Hey republican fans.....don't fall off your chairs but....

    I think Cheney did very well....

    For a trial lawyer, Edwards looked and sounded unprepared..... like he didn't have depositions to refer to in a trial....or prepared questions.....

    In watching him I realized that lawyers only have questions, and few answers....
    How could he not have a response for "After being president of the senate for 3 1/2 years, tonight on stage was the first time we have actually met"..... you don't respond to that...Mr. Edwards, you were just ***** slapped.....

    He never brought ****'s multiple deferments.... he lets that slide???....what was he thinking???

    I was hoping he would clean ****'s clock....

    I'm not worried though, the village ***** will open his mouth again Friday night and any gains will be lost...
  10. #50  
    The latest photos are in from the debate!!

    http://www.strike9.com/8FE325B14A/vpdebate.jpg
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    The latest photos are in from the debate!!

    http://www.strike9.com/8FE325B14A/vpdebate.jpg
    I don't get it...why is Edwards praying????
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I don't get it...why is Edwards praying????
    He's asking for guidance. When they lose in November, he would hafta run against Hillary in '08. Well he can always go back to being an ambulance chaser
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Greed.
    I dont know if you understand the fact that "somebody" does run corporate America. Halliburton is no different. What, you want some french company to have the contract??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    "Somebody"?! Kenneth Lay is somebody.
    (A side note: I am appreciative of corporate America plenty: My dad worked his **** to be "somebody". But some CEOs fail to see dignity even if they somehow step on it.)
    Although **** Cheney isn't Ken Lay, in my mind he does have to answer some questions. Interestingly enough, factcheck.org (to which Mr. Cheney was referring to in the debate but he gave the wrong name) said that the VP misrepresented them. Ugly.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    What exactly has Kerry done in those 30 years? I can think of lots of things he had done wrong, but nothing he has done right.
    I am too lazy to research this, but I think it is utterly irresponsible to make such cavalier statement about a senator that served our country for almost 30 years.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  16. #56  
    i think my only input is my sig here
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    "Somebody"?! Kenneth Lay is somebody.
    (A side note: I am appreciative of corporate America plenty: My dad worked his **** to be "somebody". But some CEOs fail to see dignity even if they somehow step on it.)
    I have absolutely no idea what that is supposed to mean. There are bad people all over, including bad teachers, priests, and cops, all people that are supposed to be trusted.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    "Somebody"?! Kenneth Lay is somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I have absolutely no idea what that is supposed to mean.
    its a funny but also a sad story:

    GWB: Ken you're my best bud!

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0708042lay1.html

    Whoops, you are under indictment for stealing millions

    http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/stor...le&dist=google

    and the manipulating the energy prices in California?

    http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2004/...ap1420662.html

    Whoops did our admin do nothing when Enron ripped off California?

    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html

    Whoops, well lets just say we don't know him, that will work right?

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5395458/
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 10/06/2004 at 11:44 PM.
  19. #59  
    i do apologize for not linking this story instead. i know it is a long post, but i found this article to be EXTREMELY interesting.

    www.townhall.com

    by larry elder
    "DEBATOR VS LEADER"

    Polls show President Bush lost the first debate against Democratic presidential contender John Kerry. Why? Bush failed to respond to Kerry's assertions.

    Let's deal with them.

    [snip -KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 10/07/2004 at 09:27 AM.
  20. #60  
    now, in my view, this is how I see kerry/ edwards.

    both stylish and finished debators. articulate and composed when it comes to the issues.

    HOWEVER, if the above article is not SERIOUS proof that america must think twice before choosing the kerry/edwards ticket, I don't know what is.
    I think this article is very powerful in its exposure of kerry's inconsistencies and glaring lack of appropriate leadership potential.
    kerry has demanded that bush should have given diplomacy more of a chance before heading into war. that before going into war we needed to pass the global test, gather collaboration of the world to better distribute costs, burdens, etc.
    well. folks, george bush sr did just that in the gulf war. he gained multilateral support for us invasion of iraq so that we could 'lead better with the collaboration of other nations"

    well, can you guess what kerry did when bush achieved the very situation he thought was the "better way"?

    JOHN KERRY VOTED AGAINST THE WAR! (yep! despite multilateral support!!!!!!)

    if THAT is not reason enough to see why john kerry does not have the consistency, spine, or character to inspire iranians or any other foreign nation to talk with the us, I don't know what is.

    its all right there in front of us, everybody. I hope to hell we make the right choice.
    people say they run campaigns on fear. well, geez, guys, when your country is ferociously attacked without warning, where we lose 3000 people - that's 3000 people - I would strongly suggest that they have a damn good case.

    do we want a leader who will show terrorists that if they attack us we're coming to get them? or do we want a debator who just doesn't seem to know what the hell is the right thing to do from one day to the next? I think that one's a no-brainer.
    Last edited by treobk214; 10/07/2004 at 01:56 AM.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions