View Poll Results: Political persuasions?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrate

    19 39.58%
  • Republican

    22 45.83%
  • Independent

    7 14.58%
  • Green

    0 0%
  • Don't Know

    0 0%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1  
    Donít be offended all votes are non-binding
  2. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2  
    I was wondering what is the average Treo owner, a Democrat, Republican, Independent our don't know?
    In my youth I was a strong Democrate but now as the Dems have changed IMO. They accepted virtually any position known to man thus I now swing the other way. What has happened to the greatness of the Democratic Party?

    Maybe they should raise the voting age to 25 or have I become a grumpy old man.
  3. #3  
    Well, how does that phrase go..?

    If you are under 30 and not a democrat, you have no heart.
    If you are over 30 and not a republican, you have no sense...?

    -WC-
  4. #4  
    Hmm, did a google search, found two opposing takes on my post..

    1)
    There is a quote which (in various phrasing) is often attributed to Winston Churchill, but (of course) this quote mentions neither "Democrats" nor "Republicans" since being a Brit he would not have thought in those terms. The quote people cite mentions "liberals" and "conservatives", and further, if Churchill actually said it, he would have meant something quite different by the word "liberal" (and for that matter "conservative") than most Americans do today.

    Furthermore, there is some doubt as to whether Churchill ever said such a thing.


    2)
    As Britain's wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill said,
    "At age 20 you're a liberal because you have a heart; at age 40 you're a conservative because you have a brain." This astute man, one who will go down in the history of the world as one of the greatest political leaders ever, was indeed a profound person.
  5. #5  
    what happened to all the democrats? I thought there were at least 5 more or so in this forum.
    Im repub. and swear I've seen at least that many sporting dem viewpoints. maybe they're not voting?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    what happened to all the democrats? I thought there were at least 5 more or so in this forum.
    Im repub. and swear I've seen at least that many sporting dem viewpoints. maybe they're not voting?
    Perhaps it's because "democrat" is spelled incorrectly in the poll ....

    A republican must have posted it!

    Maybe I ought to add that it is just a joke ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  7. #7  
    The poll only reflects American Treo users political opinions, although that's probably 90% of Treo owners it's not very inclusive. Maybe if it was Left Centre Right you'd get more response.
    Animo et Fide
  8. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I was wondering what is the average Treo owner, a Democrat, Republican, Independent our don't know?
    In my youth I was a strong Democrate but now as the Dems have changed IMO. They accepted virtually any position known to man thus I now swing the other way. What has happened to the greatness of the Democratic Party?

    Maybe they should raise the voting age to 25 or have I become a grumpy old man.
    Well, I was a Republican, but have since changed. The Republicans now seem more interested in religious intrusion into my life than in the "small government" view they had when I was growing up.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Well, I was a Republican, but have since changed. The Republicans now seem more interested in religious intrusion into my life than in the "small government" view they had when I was growing up.
    What do they do...go to your house, beat down your door and make you pray?
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 10/04/2004 at 07:37 PM.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #10  
    Now I to will throw this non binding, non Gallup poll in to a tissy...
    As i have said before, I am and have been a registered Republican and still think of myself as one, even if the party is partially pandering to zealots
    But as for the one poll that really counts in November..
    ......W, Dont even think about counting on my vote.....
    (Even if they do come to my house and beat my door down!)
    And hey, how about that debate!!!
    I don't think this weekends polls were "The October Surprise" everyone was expecting...but it is still early in October... Not to worry though, he still has got 28 days left to find Osama and "Smoke him out"!..

    Should be easy now, we know he ain't in Iraq!

    ..............If you are not outraged, you just aren't paying attention!
  11. #11  
    did u know u can download the debate free from itunes and audible? george was stuttering too much
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    Hmm, did a google search, found two opposing takes on my post..

    2)
    As Britain's wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill said,
    "At age 20 you're a liberal because you have a heart; at age 40 you're a conservative because you have a brain." This astute man, one who will go down in the history of the world as one of the greatest political leaders ever, was indeed a profound person.
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org/i4a/...cfm?pageid=112
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  13. #13  
    Google "democrat treo" and "republican treo" and it's a clear victory for the GOP.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Well, I was a Republican, but have since changed. The Republicans now seem more interested in religious intrusion into my life than in the "small government" view they had when I was growing up.
    Well said!
  15. #15  
    wow. even this poll ( so far at least) shows a dead heat!!! even in this arena. this is another nail biter. another bush gore, I believe.

Posting Permissions