10 11.49%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How old is 4th grade?
    Animo et Fide
    9 years old....
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    "strong leader, ha!" pfffft.

did you notice kerry's body language? ha. his hands were trembling! on several occasions! i admit he did well, but if you're going to go say bush's voice trembled , which i DIDNT hear ( watched it twice ) than im gonna point out that observation of kerry as well.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Did Notice Bush kept drinking from an empty glass of water...
    Regardless he was staying the course....even though there was no water in the glass....

i was impressed the he finally figured out there was another glass full he could drink from....

Guess that makes him a flip flopper!!!
    Very impressive from the leader of the "formerly" free world!

"Don't forget Poland!"
    wow. verry juvenile, spamguy
    Kerry was without any doubt the better speaker but that does not mean that he has the better message.
    Thanks Treobk..
    Welcome to Southpark, The Country
    no yX
    no I think you mean," welcome to YOUR WORLD" spamdude. that's all. like I said, juvenile
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe
    Did Notice Bush kept drinking from an empty glass of water...
    Regardless he was staying the course....even though there was no water in the glass....

i was impressed the he finally figured out there was another glass full he could drink from....

Guess that makes him a flip flopper!!!
    Very impressive from the leader of the "formerly" free world!

"Don't forget Poland!"
    There was clearly water in the glass. Maybe you need a new tv.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Any place you can watch it online? missed it last night.
    You can watch the full video archive of the debate here!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...093004-15v.htm

P.S. You need to register for free with washpost first though...

Regarding the debate. Kerry clearly won imo. I couldn't watch the first part on TV, so I was listening to it on my Treo by streaming a shoutcast feed via Ptunes! On the radio, Bush actually sounded worse than he probably seemed on TV, if that's possible. It surely wasn't his best moment in the campaign and probably one his worst debating performances that I seen. That being said, this wasn't a debate contest. If it were, Kerry would have clearly won...but this is also about who had the best message and who you believed in more. I rather than a debating contest where a winner is selected on points, counterpoints etc, perhaps the debate should be viewed more as a sporting event where no matte how bad or good "your team" does, you root for them regardless. In essence, I think this is what this debate really was b/c the majority of registed voters in my estimation hae already made up their mind who they're going to vote not-withstanding who won the debate. Those who are still undecided probably were leaning one way anyway and saw what they wanted to see. Thus, while Kerry clearly may have won the debate, it's still very likely he still won't win the election...

As a side note. Who the hell are these people who are still undecided anyway?!! I mean c'mon, it's been 9 freaking months already with this damned presiential campaign and you still haven't made up you mind?! Good Grief!! Who are these people and where do they live? Under a rock or something?

Finally, taking the sporting anology a bit further I found alot of similarities regarding GWB performance. As you might have known, the debates were held in beautiful Coral Gables at the Univeristy of Miami home of the mighty Miami HURRICANES (5 time national football champions)!! For me GWB shared alot of similarity to a certain maligned UM quarterback named Brock Berlin. They both seem to freeze like deer in front of head-lights in tough situations, they both can't seem to live up to all the hype and expectations, they're both surrounded by enormous natural talent but always seem to underperform at critical moments, and yet regardless of all these inadequacies they both seem to win! Anyway, just my .02 cents! Hehe...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 10/01/2004 at 11:18 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I can't remember where I found this linke this morning, but it was pretty funny:

http://www.frontsteps.com/creations/...p?t=1096638683
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    yes. bush did not turn in the best performance last night. I think kerry was the most eloquent.
    HOWEVER - he did not explain why he voted for and then against the bill in question at the debate.
    he slipped past that one only to return to attacking bush. that wasn't a positive on his behalf.
    he also claims to try to bring everyone to the table. how? no specifics here either. he spoke well. I give him that for sure. but I still didn't hear any CONSTRUCTIVE, specific ways in which he plans to do so.
    he has a plan for iraq - well, let's hear it. lay out some specifics.
    let's also hear where he will be getting the money to fund the promises he is claiming he will deliver and in the areas where "he will do better".
    if he can deliver these, I will give him the credit. but I didn't hear this. I DID hear all the eloquent attacks on the president regarding what he is doing wrong, but I didn't hear specifics as to how kerry will constructively take the bull by the horns.
    he is the better speaker, no doubt, and that will serve him well. but I want to hear clear, decisive, structured plans from him if he is to convince me he has a better strategy than bush.
    I still think he has some explaining to do regarding both his voting record and his comments on iraq. his past comments starkly contradict themselves. re: his numerous suvs, that's another issue I want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    As a side note. Who the hell are these people who are still undecided anyway?!! I mean c'mon, it's been 9 freaking months already with this damned presiential campaign and you still haven't made up you mind?! Good Grief!! Who are these people and where do they live? Under a rock or something?
    It's weird that these "undecided" people are relied upon so heavily by the networks following the debate. Who wants to rely upon people these people's opinions. Sheesh. Take a stand people!!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    another point - " I mispoke regarding the war, but bush invaded"
    no senator kerry, you not only mispoke, you misvoted, supporting the same decision you now call a mistake by bush. what does that say about your convictions?
    he claimed to have one consistent stance on iraq all along. that's ridiculous. he hasn't.
    I don't know. despite his better debating performance, there is a lot for him to do to erase all the doubt about his vacillations and build up trust and confidence. he hasn't come close to walking away with that yet by any means.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I thought Kerry presented himself quite well, especially when you consider that a lot of the people who watched the debate are not as knowledgeable about the issues as those who follow politics every day. To the extent that these debates actually change anyone's mind (absent a major gaffe), I thought Kerry helped himself.

One thing that made me scream at the TV was listening to Kerry say, more than once, that he has had a consistent position on Iraq all along. Bush should have gone yard with that one, but he didn't.
    Talldog
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    no I think you mean," welcome to YOUR WORLD" spamdude. that's all. like I said, juvenile
    Don't be so harsh with Spamdude. I made the Poland comment first in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe
    Welcome to Southpark, The Country
    Thats funny...I mean about Southpark. And you're from New Jersey. Hahahaha
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    pretty much official:
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=13237

John Kerry won the debate Thursday night, 53% to 37%

For results based on the total sample of debate watchers, one can say with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

HOWEVER - he did not explain why he voted for and then against the bill in question at the debate.
    I was confused on this as well and did a little reading on things. That $87B bill was quite interesting, imo. The bill Senator Kerry did vote for was funded with a rollback of the taxcut on the top 2% income earners that was given in the President's taxcut plan. The bill he voted against was the same except for the funding of the $87B. In the second bill, it called for using borrowed money, rather than the tax cut rollback. Big difference in funding as far as I'm concerned. This is an issue that really gets to me. Why are we borrowing money to pay for this war when we could have just kept the tax levels the same. Keep in mind that this $200B that Senator Kerry talks about is not in the budget so it doesn't count in the annual budget deficit. The funding comes from special funding resolutions which are not part of the budget.

let's also hear where he will be getting the money to fund the promises he is claiming he will deliver
    Well if we aren't spending $200B in Iraq, that seems to be a pretty logical place to start.

TBHWY, I really can't support either of them 100%. I like some things the President says, as well as Senator Kerry. I guess for me it will come down to which is the lesser of two evils.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast