Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tonight the White House produced a newly unearthed document on Bush's Guard service, seven months after it said all materials on the subject had been publicly released.

The new document was a copy of Bush's resignation in 1974 declaring he was leaving the Guard because of "inadequate time to fulfill possible future commitments." White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the resignation was found in connection with a lawsuit brought by The Associated Press.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._wh/bush_guard

I guess I never realized you could just "quit" the guard at will.

Stay tuned for more on the morning news shows....
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    The saga continues...
    Dear My Commandder,

I am rezining my National Gard post fective immediately, because I need more time to persue smokin secrtaries down south and do more cokeaine and abuzze alchol.

Sincerly,

GeOrGiE bUsH II
    a new low
  4.    #4  
    Hopefully they'll check the fonts on those docs realllllly carefully this time.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    well, such negativity towards GW. man oh man. but the reality is kerry just doesnt have what it takes to win. despite these exhaustive efforts by anti-bushers here in this forum to denigrate bush, it just wont be enough to get their boy in position, im afraid.
    people have their problems with bush, certainly, but they can find no reason to believe kerry has the leadership strengths - bill maher has even aluded this on one of his shows! so out of the two, it looks like bush will be chosen again, despite the efforts of all the naysayers here.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    a new low
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    well, such negativity towards GW. man oh man.
    yes Eurokitty is getting out of line here. I mean when we were falsely accusing President Clinton of killing Vince Foster, that was kind of a hoot, but this talk of party-ing by President Bush, lets demand an apology here. Eurokitty, ya hear that? We're not going to let you get away with this!!lets have an apology, right now!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yes Eurokitty is getting out of line here. I mean when we were falsely accusing President Clinton of killing Vince Foster, that was kind of a hoot, but this talk of party-ing by President Bush, lets demand an apology here. Eurokitty, ya hear that? We're not going to let you get away with this!!lets have an apology, right now!!!!

yeah cell! you tell her! thats the ticket!
  8.    #8  
    There are a lot of mothers and fathers who wish their children could've resigned from Vietnam.

As for apologies, get a sense of HUMOR people!!!
    I didn't ask for an apology. Say what you want, please. I do have a sense of humor, but my perspective as a veteran inclines me to not find humor in your post. That is my right which I HAVE EARNED. I also never accused President Clinton of murdering Vince Foster. Please do have your fun at this great board. I rarely post in these off topics, last night your post just struck ME as tacky. I speak for myself only. Have a great day!
    Bush resigned from the National Guard?! What a low life! I'm immediately switching my vote to the admitted war criminal.

Also I doubt that there were many mothers and fathers in 1974 wishing their childern could resign from Vietnam.
    More National Guard stories - yawn. I'm going back to sleep.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    We all know that Bush was a slacker and got preferential treatment in the guard, but is that worse than Kerry throwing all Vietnam vets under the bus during his Senate testomony when he got back? Not a good choice between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    We all know that Bush was a slacker and got preferential treatment in the guard, but is that worse than Kerry throwing all Vietnam vets under the bus during his Senate testomony when he got back? Not a good choice between the two.
    The slacker flew jets...how good are your avation skills billybob??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Get 'em clairegirl
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    right on!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    grrl, you know I don't get involved in these much...other then for comic relief. But aviation skills, and the skills to run a company, or country, are two VERY different things. You will just have to trust me on that one.

So stick with some of his other strong points....whatever they might be.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    grrl, you know I don't get involved in these much...other then for comic relief. But aviation skills, and the skills to run a company, or country, are two VERY different things. You will just have to trust me on that one.
    I think I would rather go with the jet jockey then the ski boat driver
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I didn't ask for an apology. Say what you want, please. I do have a sense of humor, but my perspective as a veteran inclines me to not find humor in your post. That is my right which I HAVE EARNED. I also never accused President Clinton of murdering Vince Foster. Please do have your fun at this great board. I rarely post in these off topics, last night your post just struck ME as tacky. I speak for myself only. Have a great day!
    I'm a Veteran too, DT, and I work with Vets on a daily basis. Just thought you'd like to know. Also, I didn't make the Vince Foster comment. Go back and re-read. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Damn Clairegrrl, u are so clever! (I think the billybob part was particularly creative). Im not running for President and not sure those skills have anything to do with being a good President. Both canadiates have big problems with the Vietnam war period, but I was trying to make the point that Bush was a slacker (got your head in the sand if you don't think he wasn't), but Kerry was worse as he put a knife in the back of the vets with his Senate testimony ( I can see where the swiftboat vets are comming from). Too bad we don't have a better choice...and no, I don't hink Nader is a better choice...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    Both canadiates have big problems with the Vietnam war period, but I was trying to make the point that Bush was a slacker (got your head in the sand if you don't think he wasn't), but Kerry was worse as he put a knife in the back of the vets with his Senate testimony
    It's like who cares...Viet Nam is over. It's not relevent to anything. Unfortunately, Kerry happened to make it the centerpiece of his campaign because he has nothing else to talk about in his entire public career. As a matter of fact, most men in America are not veterens.

"Census 2000 counted 208.1 million civilians 18 and older in the United States. Within this population, approximately 26.4 million or 12.7 percent were veterans."

www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/c2kbr-22.pdf
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast