Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    It's like who cares...Viet Nam is over. It's not relevent to anything.
    Do you feel that way about the Nazis and the holocaust too, just because it's "over"? Or what about September 11, 2001? That's "over" too.

I know about a busload's worth of Vietnam Veterans who live with the "relevence" of the war on a daily basis. Mental illness, physical problems, cancer from agent orange exposure. It is never "over" for those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I'm a Veteran too, DT, and I work with Vets on a daily basis. Just thought you'd like to know. Also, I didn't make the Vince Foster comment. Go back and re-read. Thanks.
    I know, I was adressing more than just your comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Do you feel that way about the Nazis and the holocaust too, just because it's "over"? Or what about September 11, 2001? That's "over" too.

I know about a busload's worth of Vietnam Veterans who live with the "relevence" of the war on a daily basis. Mental illness, physical problems, cancer from agent orange exposure. It is never "over" for those people.
    And Saddam and what he did to his people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I didn't ask for an apology. Say what you want, please. I do have a sense of humor, but my perspective as a veteran inclines me to not find humor in your post. That is my right which I HAVE EARNED. I also never accused President Clinton of murdering Vince Foster. Please do have your fun at this great board. I rarely post in these off topics, last night your post just struck ME as tacky. I speak for myself only. Have a great day!
    dutchtrumpet, as a fellow veteran, I must say you are a good sport. Please feel free to poke fun at me anytime.
    likewise cell matrix
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    Both canadiates have big problems with the Vietnam war period, but I was trying to make the point that Bush was a slacker (got your head in the sand if you don't think he wasn't), but Kerry was worse as he put a knife in the back of the vets with his Senate testimony
    It is very interesting to note how we view past events in the present tense.

It is also interesting to note that we really are intolerant of people's views when they diverge from our own.

Of the two, one went into harm's way and one didn't. As a veteran, I'm giving the nod to the guy that actually went into the combat zone.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12