View Poll Results: Should I keep the avatar?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it and enlarge it so we can see it better.

24 50.00%
  • No, get rid of it, it is too much of a distraction.

10 20.83%
  • Don't remove it! It has become my "special" friend.

11 22.92%
  • Remove it. Drag Queens are not my thing.

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I felt a poll was necessary.

(No, the avatar is NOT me. It is a joke.)
    I find it annoying but I'm a heterosexual woman who doesn't care to see that. I am in the minority on these boards, however.

The board allows us to ignore specific users but I prefer not to do that. Often those with the tackiest avatars have the most to contribute about the Treo 600 (my purpose for visiting this board).

(How would hetero men feel if they were faced with an avatar of large male genitals?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    (How would hetero men feel if they were faced with an avatar of large male genitals?)
    I see no genitals. In fact I see no skin at all. You could turn on network TV and see the same thing. If the boobs were small would it be such a big deal? It's a picture of a portion of a clothed woman, who cares? I'm sure if there were more women on the board you would see male pictures. Who really cares, please lighten up people.
  4.    #4  
    So it is 5 to 4 so far in favor of keeping it.

Sorta like the poll numbers in this Presidential campaign.
    Keep your top....I'll show-off my bottom!
    [QUOTE=Beryl]I find it annoying but I'm a heterosexual woman who doesn't care to see that. I am in the minority on these boards, however.

The board allows us to ignore specific users but I prefer not to do that. Often those with the tackiest avatars have the most to contribute about the Treo 600 (my purpose for visiting this board).
    QUOTE]

There is an option in the profile section to turn off the display of avatars
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang
    Keep your top....I'll show-off my bottom!

Wow DLStang is that really you???
  8.    #8  
    It's a dead heat right now. Should Florida decide it for us?
    FL says, "keep it"!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    I see no genitals. In fact I see no skin at all.
    Err no, that is true.

I am comparing this avatar with one of a very endowed male. I doubt the men would appreciate it. I do have a nice photo of Vin Diesel which I don't think would be appropriate to post here.

No problem either way for me because I know how to ignore. I only responded because the OP requested opinions.

Carry on. Whatever floats your boat.
    You girls are cracing me up.

I say show what you like it makes no difference. It's your body after all and what you do with it or how much you want to display of it is your affair.

By the way. I'm a t-ts and a-s man.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I felt a poll was necessary.

(No, the avatar is NOT me. It is a joke.)
    Lose the T-shirt and THEN you'll have something.
    Since it is not your real picture, I consider this 'fuss' a mute point. Both Chick and clairegrrl posted their real photos to much of my (and others; check Aflac thread) enjoyment.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Range
    Wow DLStang is that really you???
    LOL!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    well I think we should ban any avatars that are at all reflective of the human body, right along with the OT section. NOT. Lighten up people. Whats next my avatars because of caliber envy?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy

Hilarious!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Slappy...do your parents know that this is what you look at behind those closed doors to your bedroom
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    EuroKitty, I suppose one day someone will do a research/study on avatar psychology and it will be a great read! No doubt avatars have subconscious effect on people. I would entertain the idea that because there are more male posters on TC, avatars such as yours will draw more attention regardless of the subject-matter. At least that would be the initial process. Having said that, I think that if people want to have "sexy" avatars, or "goofy" or "silly" or whatever-avatars: Then more power to them.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
  20.    #20  
    The YES votes seem to be winning...!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast