1.    #1  
    http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040921_2194.html

One official said Islam, 56, was identified by the Advanced Passenger Information System, which requires airlines to send passenger information to U.S. Customs and Border Protection's National Targeting Center. TSA was then contacted and requested that the plane land at the nearest airport, the official said.

"He was interviewed and denied admission to the United States on national security grounds," said Homeland Security spokesman Dennis Murphy. He said the man would be put on the first available flight out of the country Wednesday.
    Boy...
    I hope they don't find TRYSPAMMINGME on that list....
    Big Brother is watching all of us...

BTW
    I wonder how many guys named Muhammed Ali are on that list, and how do they know the difference???
    Reminds me of a case last year when a 70 year old brit was detained in South Africa at the request of the CIA. Turned out his identity had been stolen and used by a terrorist. I think he spent about a week in gaol before it got sorted which is far too long for a poorly old man.
    Animo et Fide
    Of course being famous doesn't mean that Yusuf Islam is innocent.
    Animo et Fide
    Maybe he and Ted Kennedy can have a pitty party.
    Hey Cat:
    Ooh, baby, baby it's a wild world... Now get over it and get the hell outta the USA!
    Funny how he's lived here for years without being a 'security threat' though.
    Animo et Fide
    Amazing, we stop one Cat Stevens but 19 terrorists mange to hi jack 4 planes and no one is pissed!!!!!!!!
    Excuse me? No one was upset on September 11th, 2001? Where were you?
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    Amazing, we stop one Cat Stevens but 19 terrorists mange to hi jack 4 planes and no one is pissed!!!!!!!!
    See Kurt...it's these inflamatory remarks that everybody is concerned with

hehehe...That's a joke
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Finally it is coming out that Celia Cruz was blacklisted for a number of years. I can think of no one less deserving of blacklisting than Celia Cruz, she was a remarkable woman.

Castro was never harmed as a result of Cruz's blacklisting, in fact she supported anti-Castro causes. But she appeared to be a convenient scapegoat at the time.

Looking back at the politics of Celia Cruz, it makes me wonder about the political implications of Cat Stevens situation.

Making Cat Stevens out as a terrorist reinforces the attitudes of people who already hate the evil and liberal entertainment industry.

It also gives people so inclined (and there seems to be a number of them on this forum) another reason to hate all muslims.

But does his deportation reassure us that the Bush's policies are effectively ferreting out the true potential terrorists? - I think not.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_celia_cruz_1
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 09/23/2004 at 04:31 PM.
    Funny how he visited the USA in May without a problem...
    Animo et Fide
    perhaps he wasnt on the list in May.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    That's true. However I thought our intelligence services were meant to share info nowadays, and our guys are saying there's nothing on him.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    See Kurt...it's these inflamatory remarks that everybody is concerned with

hehehe...That's a joke
    Clairegrrl, Queen of the Image Tags...
    (I like them, too )
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Clairegrrl, Queen of the Image Tags...
    (I like them, too )
    I'm not Queen yet, just Princess
    Well behaved women rarely make history