Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    i could care less what you think, clulup, i will not even honor your posts with a response. hows that, dude?
    I am, of course, shocked, annihilated almost.

Well, anyway, I agree it is sometimes better not to write a response and have others think you have nothing meaningful to say, instead of writing something and remove all doubt.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I am, of course, shocked, annihilated almost.

Well, anyway, I agree it is sometimes better not to write a response and have others think you have nothing meaningful to say, instead of writing something and remove all doubt.
    once again, comments from the peanut gallery. its typical for an individual who is jealous of the power of another country to go out and try and stir up his rival... he is trying to make him look bad however he can... in the end,,, the instigator always looks to be the bad guy... but this is a lesson this poster just has a significant amount of difficulty grasping. i pity him.
    treobk214, why don't you have a go at nuking them in this simulation here? I think the outcome is similar to what would be most likely to happen in reality if we were to try your strategy.
  4.    #44  
    and you know clulup, theres a saying,.. if i wanted to hear from an ***, id... well you know.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    treobk214, why don't you have a go at nuking them in this simulation here? I think the outcome is similar to what would be most likely to happen in reality if we were to try your strategy.
    yeah, and lets all go over and have a sleepover with our old friends, the zarqawis, ok, mjw? lets kiss, make up, and share bedtime stories, and thered be no need for nukes. wanna go?
    Take deep breaths, treobk214. Really. You make good points, but don't transfer your very valid anger over the beheadings to a guy posting his thoughts on the internet.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Take deep breaths, treobk214. Really. You make good points, but don't transfer your very valid anger over the beheadings to a guy posting his thoughts on the internet.
    point taken, my friend.
    once again, comments from the peanut gallery. its typical for an individual who is jealous of the power of another country to go out and try and stir up his rival... he is trying to make him look bad however he can... in the end,,, the instigator always looks to be the bad guy... but this is a lesson this poster just has a significant amount of difficulty grasping. i pity him.
    Strange... this is already the second reply to one of my posts... didn't you say you will not honor my posts with a reply?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Are you suggesting he should go one calling for mass extinction in the name of God instead of attacking me? I guess I prefer the latter...
    Are you suggesting he should go one calling for mass extinction in the name of God instead of attacking me? I guess I prefer the latter...
    God doesn't need help with a mass extinction, remember? "How long can you tread water, ha ha ha."
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  11.    #51  
    clulup loves to make his little arguments, folks, he wants to make his little fights with big bad america and try and look like the big tough guy. go on making your little remarks, tough guy, in the name of fairness and neutrality. im sure everybody will be impressed at your skill at nitpicking. im sure of it.

look at his posts.. he encourages you to attack him.. apparently he enjoys stirring up trouble. and here i thought he was a civilized debator.. oh well, i guess he blew his cover, now didnt he?
    How about we use technology to help. I can buy a gps tracking device for my kid so why not assign all americans in Iraq a not so easily removed gps tracking device. When abducted, the wearer could set-off a signal for help. We'd hopefully have troops, helicopter, etc ready at all times to swoop in and help.

At a minimum, we might get clues about general direction, etc. Seems like a 1,000 dollars per worker might be worth it vs. tearing a country apart looking for these thugs. Bring on your ideas...if this forum can unlock a treo, maybe we can seed some good technology ideas that those who can make a difference can use. At least it will be more exciting than posting your 6th returned Treo experience or bashing Bush or Kerry. Let's roll...
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by camartin
    How about we use technology to help. I can buy a gps tracking device for my kid so why not assign all americans in Iraq a not so easily removed gps tracking device. When abducted, the wearer could set-off a signal for help. We'd hopefully have troops, helicopter, etc ready at all times to swoop in and help.

At a minimum, we might get clues about general direction, etc. Seems like a 1,000 dollars per worker might be worth it vs. tearing a country apart looking for these thugs. Bring on your ideas...if this forum can unlock a treo, maybe we can seed some good technology ideas that those who can make a difference can use. At least it will be more exciting than posting your 6th returned Treo experience or bashing Bush or Kerry. Let's roll...
    now that is brilliant, camartin. now THIS is the kind of meaningful exchange im talking about, guys! i wonder why this hasnt been implemented yet, it would be an ingenious solution to revealing these zarqawi hideout areas, would it not?
    bravo, once again. it would also discourage kidnappers from taking any more since knowing everyone is bugged it would risk them losing the element of surprise. theyd instantly lose multitudes of terrorist recruits! this is the kind of thinking we need right now.

thankyou for your positive spirit here, camartin. these are the kinds of positive contributions we need at this time right now. picking fights is utter nonsense.
    Last edited by treobk214; 09/21/2004 at 07:04 PM.
    clulup loves to make his little arguments, folks, he wants to make his little fights with big bad america and try and look like the big tough guy. go on making your little remarks, tough guy, in the name of fairness and neutrality. im sure everybody will be impressed at your skill at nitpicking. im sure of it.

look at his posts.. he encourages you to attack him.. apparently he enjoys stirring up trouble. and here i thought he was a civilized debator.. oh well, i guess he blew his cover, now didnt he?

Treobk214
    Dude, step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath. No one is happy about the latest beheadings and even clulup thinks they are terrible and would prefer that it not have happened, but this is not helping. I appreciate and share your pain, but ripping others apart in here isnt going to change anything.

Take a break, go for a walk. Take a moment to appreciate what you have and say a prayer for those families who have lost someone today and come back when youre a little more grounded.

Again I feel your pain, but this isnt the way to handle it. Getting this thread shut down because you and clulup are throwing stones at each other isnt going ot bring anyone back.

Clulup
    Same goes for you. Taking advantage of someone who is obviously emotionally distressed isnt really fair or very nice. You could have at least been empathetic in your disagreements but you weren't. Treobk said some really harsh stuff, most of which I am guessing he wouldnt really mean in a normal discussion. You clearly didnt help the discussion calm down any with your comments.
    Go outside and admire the Swiss countryside and come back in when you can play nice.

Ok I'll stop playing parent. Egad, I have become the voice of reason. Sorry guys, but this is just too much.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ok I'll stop playing parent. Egad, I have become the voice of reason. Sorry guys, but this is just too much.
    If this was real space and not cyberspace I would take you out and buy you a beer mr. Woof. Well said.

You keep this up and I might just read what you have to say about politics!

Last edited by ACDriver; 09/21/2004 at 07:31 PM.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I agree with you about limiting our dependence on their oil. That is why I made the comment about the Saudis. I think hitting them in the wallet may be the only tactic worth a damn.
    I hate to agree with Eurokitty, ever, but she/he/it hit the nail on the head with the first part of this post.

Stop buying oil, and isolate ourselves from them. They would quickly turn on France, Germany, and Russia - their big oil buying buddies. In the long run both sides would win (the US and the terrorists). We'd be out of the "holy land", and we'd have less dependency on an unstable region of the world, and probably a much cleaner environment.
    We probably wouldn't even need to provide a device for every American/potential target. There has to be a pattern to how this group operates and where they are most comfortable and protected within Iraq (yes, I've watched way too much Court TV). I'd bet anyone deployed within x area or those who travel highways would be enough.

Another idea would be to provide Iraq citizens a way to post intel to a secure web site so that they wouldn't have to leave their comfort zone or be singled out by physically reaching out to Americans.

Also, why can't those Microsoft virus writing junkies throw a little DOS power at Al Jazeera and other web sites that give the thugs air time and share terrorist visuals with the world. Routers around the world should be set to filter traffic from any site that posts the crap (as well as any service provider that allows hosting).
    Quote Originally Posted by camartin

This is a wonderful idea, but there is a shortage of weapons and body armor right now in Iraq, so if our troops can't get those, the GPS devices are even more out of the question. Perhaps Halliburton could supply them for ten times the normal price? /cynicism
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta
    I hate to agree with Eurokitty, ever, but she/he/it hit the nail on the head with the first part of this post.
    I'm a she and the "it" comment is inappropriate. But you knew that.
    Last edited by Eurokitty; 09/21/2004 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    This is a wonderful idea, but there is a shortage of weapons and body armor right now in Iraq, so if our troops can't get those, the GPS devices are even more out of the question. Perhaps Halliburton could supply them for ten times the normal price? /cynicism
    This problem doesn't require body armour and is not completely in control of the military (as companies operating in Iraq should be compelled through morale obligation to reasonably protect their workers with technology that exists today (how many workers in Iraq have a $2k laptop and are making over $100k/per year due to hazardous conditions...I don't see a non-easily detachable ankle bracelet (etc.) costing much more than what workers are supplied already. Funding this would be the easy part.

If GM can supply how many thousands of cars with On-Star, why can't this be worked out? Think back to the WWII days when critical war supplies were rationed to those who need them the most.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast