Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    they want genocide of their own people? i thought they were defending muslims through jihad in the name of allah? so how would mass extinction of their entire race be something of a goal for them? makes absolutely no sense at all to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    Why spend our hard earned money and food to feed these scourges? hell no. let them starve in the wastelands they've prepared for themselves.
    i want to see them prove to us they are worthy of both our trust and help. until then, let them starve out there in their sands. they've created this hell and exile for themselves now. help and sympathy from the outside world is not coming now. they are alone. let them praise allah in exile. the world wants to hear nothing from them now
    I take it then that you were against going into Iraq in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    they want genocide of their own people? i thought they were defending muslims through jihad in the name of allah? so how would mass extinction of their entire race be something of a goal for them? makes absolutely no sense at all to me.
    The radicals believe the "West" are out to kill and annihilate the Islamic peoples, hence the need for a Jihad to save them. There are a couple different definitions of jihad: one is that it is an internal struggle with one's self. The other is that it is a DEFENSIVE ACTION to right a wrong done to their people. By doing these beheadings, they feel they are acting in DEFENSE of their people and righting a wrong. (Again, I am not defending this, I am merely illustrating the thought process involved here.)

By killing them en masse, as you allude, this would only serve to radicalize MORE people who may be on the fence... they'll say, "hey, those guys WERE right. They ARE trying to wipe us out.. We must DEFEND ourselves against this wrongdoing!"

Do you see how that works?

That is why solving the terrorism problem is so difficult. I don't have the answers by any means and I am sure many more people will die on both sides.
    Last edited by Eurokitty; 09/21/2004 at 03:19 PM.
  4.    #24  
    look, we went in to remove their dictator bc they were being slaughtered. so we are there trying to create order there but are now battling iranian elements and iraqi insurgents who just want to see the US fail, even if it means compromising their own country.
    after trying to help them, we have gotten this far. if they want us out now, lets go. hell, im not saying we need to occupy them. i supported saddam's removal - i think you're trying to create inconsistencies here, rather than address our CURRENT problem. you and i are in on this. differing political views, but in the same situation all the same. they are killing us. we need to get out now that we did our job, do the best we can to wipe zarqawi's clan off the earth as best we can, and then let them rebuild their nation themselves, and lets see what they do with it
    look, we went in to remove their dictator bc they were being slaughtered. so we are there trying to create order there but are now battling iranian elements and iraqi insurgents who just want to see the US fail, even if it means compromising their own country.
    after trying to help them, we have gotten this far. if they want us out now, lets go. hell, im not saying we need to occupy them. i supported saddam's removal - i think you're trying to create inconsistencies here, rather than address our CURRENT problem. you and i are in on this. differing political views, but in the same situation all the same. they are killing us. we need to get out now that we did our job, do the best we can to wipe zarqawi's clan off the earth as best we can, and then let them rebuild their nation themselves, and lets see what they do with it
    The problem is that if we kill Bin Laden and Zarqawi, there will be 100 more new Bin Ladens and Zaqawis to take their places. The issue of Islamic Radicalism needs to be addressed. It takes a long time to change an ideology like that, and it has to be a global effort.

IMO, the first thing that needs to be done is that we need to stop the hypocracy in terms of our relationship with the Saudis. That would be a good place to start. Practicing what you preach can never be a bad thing.
  6.    #26  
    if they think they are avenging previous injustices done to them - all the more reason to cut off any further connection with the middle east from this point on. no american goes to the middle east. we dont use their oil. we dont import or export. we dont communicate. we let them sit on that desert by themselves. we dont help them we dont hurt them.
    thats what i would like to see happen, bc then they'd have no justification for what they are doing to us. and if they STILL send jets into our buildings - ITS NUKE TIME.
    if they think they are avenging previous injustices done to them - all the more reason to cut off any further connection with the middle east from this point on. no american goes to the middle east. we dont use their oil. we dont import or export. we dont communicate. we let them sit on that desert by themselves. we dont help them we dont hurt them.
    thats what i would like to see happen, bc then they'd have no justification for what they are doing to us. and if they STILL send jets into our buildings - ITS NUKE TIME.
    I agree with you about limiting our dependence on their oil. That is why I made the comment about the Saudis. I think hitting them in the wallet may be the only tactic worth a damn.

Unfortunately, most of the large SUVs I see driving around my city have Bush/Cheney stickers on the back, so the chances of that scenario happening are pretty much nil.
  8.    #28  
    sure. i want to see the cessation of ALL dealings with that region - saudi arabia and EVERYONE there. no collaboration. zero. nothing.
    in such a scenario, they can blame the us and the west for absolutely nothing. if they still attack, there is absolutely no other choice. it would come down to a matter of survival of the fittest, and it would be time then demonstrate the ultimate weapon, to reestablish the pecking order by way of technological force.
    See, you and I agree more than you realized.
  10.    #30  
    listen, kerry has 5 suvs - FIVE! do you honestly feel voting for him is going to make the difference? please, that would mean little heinz kerry would have to sell all those dirty oil-hungry vehicles to make her husband seem credible wouldnt it? hmm....
  11.    #31  
    i do agree with you on the oil issue for sure. and im not out to get personal on you, eurokitty. i just have very strong feelings - as all of us do- about this when i see such innocent people being killed as they are. its very disturbing.
    The reason I am not voting for Bush is because I don't agree with his policies.
    i do agree with you on the oil issue for sure. and im not out to get personal on you, eurokitty. i just have very strong feelings - as all of us do- about this when i see such innocent people being killed as they are. its very disturbing.
    In our eyes, they are innocent, but to the radicals, they are enemies attacking them.
    I just saw the news on CNN.com. They've killed a second hostage. What a savage deed.
  15.    #35  
    yes, I just feel horrible for these victims and their families.
    You can not instill fear in someone who believes they have already lost everything. These "terrorists" are people who are ignorant on an unfathomable level. They feel as though there is nothing left to lose. They feel like the living dead. And thus they choose to share their pain and anxiety. There are many other factors but the root of the problem is shear ignorance.

We must remember that they too are humans, very confused and desprate humans who bleed as we bleed. Only difference is they feel pain and suffering from the day they are born to the day they die. And like it or not they ARE our brothers and sisters. They are hopeless and are easily convinced by other hopeless, extremists into spreading violence. Again this all stems from ignorance and lack of opportunity, or the lack of awareness of oppertunity.

It is our duty as more civilized and fortunate beings to NOT restort to violent measures as they have. If we did then we'd digress into their realm of living. If you love yourself and you truly love your God you will pray for these people. They are severly lost. The best thing we can do is deal with terror attacks on a case by case basis, while also educating newer generations and those willing to learn. And as far as trust goes... "The only way to make a man trustworthty is to trust him." And keep in mind, that is a double edged sword.
    if we cant do it through diplomacy and cooperation, THEN BY GOD we do it via mass extinction.
    Here comes treobk214, calling for genocide once again, wanting to kill millions who have nothing to do with terrorism... even in the name of God, wow! Really, wow! You are a hell of a Christian, right?

I have to say, your moral values are indeed MILES above those of Islamistic terrorist. You are a shining example for the superiority of Western values, truly. Let's nuke em all, those f*cking bastards, exterminate them, annihilate them, all of them!!!!! Oh, wait, not nuke, that leaves behind a mess for years... I got it, let's use nerve gas, that's much better for mass extinction and it goes away in a day or two.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Are you aware of the fact that almost each day about half a dozen Iraqi policemen who try to fight terrorism are killed by the terrorists? Their life obviously means very little to you when compared to the life of an American contractor who knew the risk of working in Iraq.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19.    #39  
    i could care less what you think, clulup, i will not even honor your posts with a response. hows that, dude?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    You can not instill fear in someone who believes they have already lost everything. These "terrorists" are people who are ignorant on an unfathomable level. They feel as though there is nothing left to lose. They feel like the living dead. And thus they choose to share their pain and anxiety. There are many other factors but the root of the problem is shear ignorance.

We must remember that they too are humans, very confused and desprate humans who bleed as we bleed. Only difference is they feel pain and suffering from the day they are born to the day they die. And like it or not they ARE our brothers and sisters. They are hopeless and are easily convinced by other hopeless, extremists into spreading violence. Again this all stems from ignorance and lack of opportunity, or the lack of awareness of oppertunity.

It is our duty as more civilized and fortunate beings to NOT restort to violent measures as they have. If we did then we'd digress into their realm of living. If you love yourself and you truly love your God you will pray for these people. They are severly lost. The best thing we can do is deal with terror attacks on a case by case basis, while also educating newer generations and those willing to learn. And as far as trust goes... "The only way to make a man trustworthty is to trust him." And keep in mind, that is a double edged sword.
    how can you claim to know how they feel? do you really think you have a handle on how these people are thinking? my friend, these people are so beserk they are beyond rationalizing sensitivity for them.

for whatever reasons they are doing these acts, they are inhuman and must be wiped out. i will not give trust to them. i will not show pity to them. there are many people in the world who live in much worse conditions than these slobs yet they dont go around beheading people. they are a scourge on mankind and should be treated as such. they must be removed, and we need to cut off all association with them. 100%. absolutely no coordination of any type, due to the barbaric nature of their brethren.

hey, this is the cost of allowing extremists do this to us. muslims want to live in peace with the world? well, show us. make a concerted effort to get rid of these psychos and prove that the muslim world does not harbor this hatred for us. if you dont, we cut you off and you are left entirely alone out there in those deserts.

like i said, i think we should disrupt all communications with that region of the world until they can get over their hatred of us. let them have all their dictatorships, torture, and hard lives and we will let them fend for themselves. duke it out, guys. were not going to be a part of it, because any involvement we take to help out invariably gets construed as some form of exploitation by some left wing know - it - all.

so cut them all off. boycott all oil, block imports and exports. americans dont go to the middle east and we make it difficult for them to come to the us for a while, to protect ourselves. i say we take this route and see what happens.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast