Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who, of the many visitors here to these forums has pets?

What kind?

What kind of pets did you have growing up?

Chick Dance has volunteered to award a prize to the person with the best pet story.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Who, of the many visitors here to these forums has pets?

What kind?

What kind of pets did you have growing up?

Chick Dance has volunteered to award a prize to the person with the best pet story.
    And the prize is?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I've never had a pet of any description. I want to get a spider but I think I'd be getting a divorce at the same time.
    What do I win?
    Animo et Fide
    Pee Wee, Steve and Sweetie. All cats. Pee Wee is an old fart (18 yrs old).
    Cheslea Bear the Great Pyrenees Pup
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Cheslea Bear the Great Pyrenees Pup
    Cool looking dog! Is that your ex-boyfriend she's gnawing on?
    Cool looking dog! Is that your ex-boyfriend she's gnawing on?
    She's definitely not vegan
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I am a pet I am neutered, I change my own litter box and post here on occasion, and I am hoping to be re-adopted by Chick-Dance
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    I am a pet I am neutered, I change my own litter box and post here on occasion, and I am hoping to be re-adopted by Chick-Dance
    She already has a kitten...
    ACD: I am very curious what prize Chick has in mind...
    My pet story is sad. I grew up on a farm in the midwest. Pia was a beautiful German Shepherd dog, and I loved her to death. She died from poisoning. There's nothing sadder, perhaps, for a young girl, then to see her dog fighting for her last breath. It was a slow and agonizing death. My dad offered to shoot her out of her miseries, but I asked him not to touch her
    Pets are wonderful, but they break your heart when the die.
    ok so no prize listing.

1. Cocker Spaniel, named Heidi, after the little girl in the movie. She died of old age. I was 5 when we got her 21 when she died.
    2. Pirhana, named Morty. Lived 3 years til the pump failed and he drowned. Hand fed him and he was great. 7 inches long when he died. I was 19.
    3. Manx cat named Six, cause he had 6 toes on his front feet. He got hit by a car.I was 20.
    4. German shephard named Kita. Died, dont remember why. I was 25.
    4. Colombian redtail Boa, named Indy. * feet long and sweet as a lamb. I was 26.
    6. Tennessee Walker stallion named Joe. I was 27.
    7. Siamese Cat named Orca. Hated me loved the girlfriend. I was 29.
    8. Iguana named Quincy. Cool but messy. Got too big for my apartment. I was 32.
    9. Black cat named Figaro. Coolest cat ever, he fetches. I was 34. Still have him.
    10. Mixed breed dog, lab, retriever, aussie shepherd. Named Raven. Weighs 140 lbs and runs the show. I was 36. Still have her.
    11. Mixed breed pooch, aussie shepherd, great pyrenees, anatolian shepherd, timid as can be but quite the guard darg if you can imagine. Named Blanco. I was 37. Still have her.

I think thats all of them.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I had an orange tabby that I named afterD
    Three unbelievably sweet dogs...

Pilot -- Black Lab / Shepherd cross
    Thunder -- Belgian Shepherd cross, and a love-puppy extraordinaire
    Bobby -- German Shepherd cross

These guys are my life... I love em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    you little-lost-kitten-on-sniffing-glue.
    Fell out my chair! LMAO!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    ACD: I am very curious what prize Chick has in mind...
    My pet story is sad. I grew up on a farm in the midwest. Pia was a beautiful German Shepherd dog, and I loved her to death. She died from poisoning. There's nothing sadder, perhaps, for a young girl, then to see her dog fighting for her last breath. It was a slow and agonizing death. My dad offered to shoot her out of her miseries, but I asked him not to touch her
    Pets are wonderful, but they break your heart when the die.
    You should ask Chicken what the prize is. I have no idea? She PM'd me he's lying and said that she wanted me to start this thread what a lying ******* he is! and that she would award a prize the only thing chicken would PM him is a death threat to whoever had the best story. So ask her.

Sad story Muzie, pet's dying are a traumatic loss especially when your are young or as you grow older again, since when you are young they are your friend and when your older they are your friend AND surrogate child.

In my case though I had an even more traumatic situation....When I was 14 I had this young Ewe.....and she was my friend too.
    I sang a little song next to her grave....it was a small grave as most her was consumed as a roast....but I sang a song that went like this......" I loveeeeeedddddd Ewwwwwwweeeeeeeee, I loooovvvvveeeddddd Ewwwwwwwwe"
    Last edited by ACDriver; 09/20/2004 at 08:01 PM.
    I had an orange tabby named after Winnie the Pooh. Well about 8 months after getting 'Pooh' from the animal rescue, we found that he had a problem -- chronic constipation. So everytime, we'd go to the vet to correct his 'problem', they'd ask his name and I'd respond 'Pooh' and what is Pooh's trouble? Uhh, constipation I would whisper.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I had an orange tabby named after Winnie the Pooh. Well about 8 months after getting 'Pooh' from the animal rescue, we found that he had a problem -- chronic constipation. So everytime, we'd go to the vet to correct his 'problem', they'd ask his name and I'd respond 'Pooh' and what is Pooh's trouble? Uhh, constipation I would whisper.

If I was in charge of the prize you would WIN!! You made me laugh out loud! Thanks!
    If I was in charge of the prize you would WIN!! You made me laugh out loud! Thanks!
    Thanks. I'd always try to get my wife to take him to the vet to avoid the obvious questions.
  19.    #19  
    This is our pet Reba. She's in uniform and flys for one of the low cost airlines....and you wondered why they could offer such cheap tickets?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    But you are in charge of the prize:
    (I really don't have prizes to give. Accept maybe my red bikini... But who who would want that?... )
    that would be fun to explain to the wife. "honey I won it in a contest on the treo forum. Yunno the one where I do all that political crap talking". Oh yeah, she'd buy that...NOT!
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast