Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    I've been hearing these rumors for months.

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...on_el_pr/kerry

    [story deleted - do not post copyrighted material. KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 09/19/2004 at 04:59 PM.
  2. #2  
    Just because Kerry said it...doesn't make it true. Sorry to burst your bubble
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Just because Kerry said it...doesn't make it true. Sorry to burst your bubble
    Read again.

    Emphasize the word "accuses" in the subject line.

    Thanks.
  4. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #4  
    If this true John Kerry should be brought up on charges for telling the enemy what our plans are.

    Here is another quote from Kerry that provises insight into how he would run the war against the Islamic Facists.
    <snip>"With all due respect to the president, has he turned on the evening news lately? Does he read the newspapers?" Kerry said.</snip> Is Kerry so stupid and does he think that we're to stupid to realize that Bush has a different source for information than the newspapers and the evening news? Give me a break. This guy is so desperate it's laughable.

    clairgrrl, you make an excellent point that Kerry conveniently and consistently overlooks as he boasts about how he would do everything better. The reality is that the president is really quite limited in what they can accomplish. But that is a good thing and why we have three branches in the government. I don't what the president irregardless of their party do be able to do much of anything "on their own".
  5. #5  
    The pentagon has reported that November's Nat'l Guard activation will be smaller not larger.
  6. #6  
    Is there the possibility that one day Kerry will stop reacting and start acting.This is total crap. He does nothing unless something prompts him. Ben
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Read again.

    Emphasize the word "accuses" in the subject line.

    Thanks.
    OK...Just because Kerry assuses Bush of conceling troop plans doesn't mean that Bush is conceling anything
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Is there the possibility that one day Kerry will stop reacting and start acting.
    Yup...It will be the Tuesday after the first Monday in November
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Yup...It will be the Tuesday after the first Monday in November
    Right On!
  10. #10  
    I know I have said this before, but isnt the link sufficient? These posts that are 3 miles long are quite annoying when browing mobile.

    I think Kerry is being very petty. Releasing military plans to the public is absolutely inappropriate.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. #11  
    Look, at Kerry's history of aiding/abetting the enemy and take it from there. He has also made similar stupid remarks during his campaign. React Kerry should be his name.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I know I have said this before, but isnt the link sufficient? These posts that are 3 miles long are quite annoying when browing mobile.

    I think Kerry is being very petty. Releasing military plans to the public is absolutely inappropriate.
  12. #12  
    And that is a day that I look fear. Kerry as president. Should he make it, I wonder if his history of double talking will continue. Will he remember what he said to so and so from day to day, occasion to occasion? Where will he say he was, what he was doing - he'll probably say something about his Viet Nam days. Same old trash.

    Clinton cut the US military and Kerry will do the same. Kerry will also raise your taxes to pay for his programs - WHAT PROGRAMS? He talks but does not detail.

    Ben

    ======

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Yup...It will be the Tuesday after the first Monday in November
  13. #13  
    The plans aren't concealed. We were told months ago, that the troop rotations were planned through at least next March. Not bigger or smaller - same scale it's been.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    The plans aren't concealed. We were told months ago, that the troop rotations were planned through at least next March. Not bigger or smaller - same scale it's been.
    well if thats the case what is Kerry crying about?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    And that is a day that I look fear. Kerry as president. Should he make it, I wonder if his history of double talking will continue. Will he remember what he said to so and so from day to day, occasion to occasion? Where will he say he was, what he was doing - he'll probably say something about his Viet Nam days. Same old trash.

    Clinton cut the US military and Kerry will do the same. Kerry will also raise your taxes to pay for his programs - WHAT PROGRAMS? He talks but does not detail.

    Ben

    ======
    Geeze Ben, we are living in a new age, and while the military is important, our intelligence is becoming just as critical for us. We had bad intelligence going into Iraq. It hurt us. We need to realize we had intelligence problems and to learn from our mistakes, make our intelligence agency an order of magnitude better than it is. Bush was against the 911 comission, but then he changed his mind and supported it. Bush is now dragging his feet in following its recommendations in improving our intelligence. I mean, look at the future, what do we need as good as anything to fight terror, we need the best intelligence agency to operate throughout the world. What is Bush doing, just getting in the way. We have less people working on the bin ladin case than we have since 911. That is misguided, and it makes me mad.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in635038.shtml
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 09/18/2004 at 08:56 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    ...we need the best intelligence agency to operate throughout the world. What is Bush doing, just getting in the way. From what I understand by reading the papers, (refs available on demand) that we have less people working on the bin ladin case than we ever have since 911. That is misguided, and it makes me mad.

    Maybe you should be talking to Mr Clinton and Mr Kerry about all the good they did stripping back our military and intelligence services. Now all of a sudden that stuff is important and Bush is in the way?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #17  
    But to blame the current administration on the intelligence situation does not make sense. We must keep in mind that Clinton saw the degradation of our military and its subsequent reliance upon its resersve forces. We also saw it reduce its reliance upon real people in the world of intelligence and instead rely upon electronics. Put that together and nothing really good happens. Put that on the previous democratic president, not Bush. It takes time to rebuild. As for the Commission, it really was not what it was suppose to be. Bipartisan? Maybe, but not at all friendly to the Administration. Recommendations? He chose to take some and not others. Reorganization is in the works. Would you accept all of the recommendations if you were in his position? No. Dragging feet? Dang, not everything can be done at once. Recommendations have to be reviewed and assessments made.

    Incidentally, has CBS ever said anything positive about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Geeze Ben, we are living in a new age, and while the military is important, our intelligence is becoming just as critical for us. We had bad intelligence going into Iraq. It hurt us. We need to realize we had intelligence problems and to learn from our mistakes, make our intelligence agency an order of magnitude better than it is. Bush was against the 911 comission, but then he changed his mind and supported it. Bush is now dragging his feet in following its recommendations in improving
    our intelligence. I mean, look at the future, what do we need as good as anything to fight terror, we need the best intelligence agency to operate throughout the world. What is Bush doing, just getting in the way. We have less people working on the bin ladin case than we have since 911. That is misguided, and it makes me mad.

    Ben

    --------

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in635038.shtml
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I don't what the president irregardless of their party do be able to do much of anything "on their own".
    I have a good idea of what you were trying to say, but you failed. In any case, irregardless is a perfectly cromulent word.
  19. #19  
    What does cromulent mean? Or are you indulging in sesquipedalian obscurantism?
    Animo et Fide
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    What does cromulent mean? Or are you indulging in sesquipedalian obscurantism?
    Damb you Peter for making me do a search first thing in the morning!!!!!

    One who is inordinately infatuated with polysyllabic obfuscation, preferring never to employ a less complicated syntactic arrangement of descriptive words when there exists a single expressive unit that amalgamates the multiplicity of morphemes1 comprising the simpler phrase. Among the manifold objectives of multisyllabic, holophrastic2 verbalism are those of: rendering the author's meaning indisputably precise yet simultaneously incomprehensible; demonstrating through superior orthography and lexical awareness that the writer is manifestly more erudite than the reader; disempowering intellectual challenge to the proponent's argument by using logomachinations3 to divert discussion to the establishment of the opponent's comprehension of the vocabulary as opposed to addressing the factual import of the treatise which, upon analysis, may well prove amphigorous4. The obscurantist5 sesquipedalian is likely to compound the reader's difficulties by indulging in glossosynthesis6, thus enabling the author to dismiss all opposing views as ultracrepidarious7. In other words, a sesquipedalian is one who would call a spade a manuo-pedal excavationary implement8.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions