1.    #1  
    I've been listening to one of my coworkers whistling, "So Long Farewell" from the Sound of Music off key ALL WEEK LONG (with the exception of about two hours of Tears for Fears on Wednesday). It's making me crazy! Anybody have their coworker irritants they would like to share?

To keep this slightly on a Treo topic, I was doing some work yesterday that didn't require a lot of concentration and was able to plug in to Pocket Tunes and drown out the whistling using my headphones.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I guess what irritates me the most is people who bathe in their perfume or cologne. Take a shower like everyone else.
    Talldog
    okayyyyy, thanks, now that d********** song is stuck in my head!!!!!!!!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    At least I am not alone.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    I guess what irritates me the most is people who bathe in their perfume or cologne. Take a shower like everyone else.
    Some women at the gym do this. I think they should make it a policy to tell new members that since breathing is required when you exercise, perfume is not allowed.
    Get even with your coworker or just have a little general fun.
    Walk past coworkers whistling or humming the tune Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini. It is one of those tunes that get stuck in peoples heads and they may not notice but will start picking up the tune and humming it themselves.

It is funny to walk past everyone once or twice whistling this tune and then to watch how many of them unconciously pick up on it and start doing it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I've been listening to one of my coworkers whistling, "So Long Farewell" from the Sound of Music off key ALL WEEK LONG (with the exception of about two hours of Tears for Fears on Wednesday). It's making me crazy! Anybody have their coworker irritants they would like to share?

To keep this slightly on a Treo topic, I was doing some work yesterday that didn't require a lot of concentration and was able to plug in to Pocket Tunes and drown out the whistling using my headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Have you ever been to a wine tasting and used coffee grounds to neutralize the scents in preparation for the next wine? I've heard the theme song to Gilligan's Island does much the same thing when you have a tune stuck in your head.

Just what I heard
    Some women at the gym do this. I think they should make it a policy to tell new members that since breathing is required when you exercise, perfume is not allowed.
    even worse, I think, are those that wear makeup to the gym. drives me nuts.
  9.    #9  
    We definitely have our prima donnas that are dressed up just for the work out. But slightly in my defense, I generally go right after work and have make up on leftover from the day. Sunday mornings, I would scare you though.
    The queen bee of repetitive songs that are easily stuck in ones brain and impossible to remove is a Suzanne Vega song "Tom's Diner." This was the song that was used to create the mp3 codec and was used as the benchmark standard for audio during the stone age of digital music. Remember the lyrics? "It is always nice to see you says the man behind the counter". If yo have a Real Audio player you can listen to this song here...http://musicstore.real.com/music_sto...rowser-wrapper
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
    Annoying habit - "Peter, can you come into this meeting, it'll only take 5 minutes..."
    45 mins later I drag myself out of it. Grr.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    even worse, I think, are those that wear makeup to the gym. drives me nuts.

What's wrong with wearing makeup to the gym? Not that I do it...I don't go to a gym, but I noticed while working the last two days, the only two female soldiers on duty where I am were both plenty made up for a day's physical labor. I just don't go out without makeup!

My gripe is with the people who want to direct and are afraid to get their hands dirty! (Someone pass me the BenGay, please!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    What's wrong with wearing makeup to the gym? Not that I do it...I don't go to a gym, but I noticed while working the last two days, the only two female soldiers on duty where I am were both plenty made up for a day's physical labor. I just don't go out without makeup!
    to me, the gym is a place to run, lift and sweat. i get irritated at those that are there to be seen because the clog up the machines for the rest of us. my beef is actually w\ both genders but it's easier to tell which women are there to be seen -- they're usually wearing makeup.
    We definitely have our prima donnas that are dressed up just for the work out. But slightly in my defense, I generally go right after work and have make up on leftover from the day. Sunday mornings, I would scare you though.
    yeah, i guess i should qualify. i work out at 5am so it's pretty easy to spot those that are there to be seen...either that or they're 'entertainers' just getting off work
    Slappy....you are just too cute
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I stand by my original statement. Some of us just don't leave the house without makeup.
  17.    #17  
    I look forward to Saturday and Sunday when I don't put any makeup on.
    oh geesh claire, you're making me blush....