Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think we went to Iraq to liberate Iraqis from Saddam Hussein, to ensure that the country would no longer be a hiding place for those who mean America harm, and to hand power over to the free Iraqi people.
    True, Saddam is gone. But the country IS full of people now who mean America harm. Even who DO Americans harm.

Turning sovereignty over to Iraq won't stop the terror attacks.
    True.
    They will decline only after Bush is either re-elected or defeated.
    If this was true, the attacks would decline after the election anyway, with or without Bush? Doesn't seem logic.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I am sure most Americans would. But are you trying to say without the war in Iraq, the Iraqi insugents would shoulder their RPGs and their AK-47s, fly over to the US, and start firing?
    I want a President that will defend my country. As a nation, I believe that we have our own moral compass and sometimes need to act in our own best interest and not worry about the coalition of America haters and supporters of terrorism. You guys are so used to playing both sides against the middle, trying to CYA, worring about having everybody's approval, making sure that nobody is offended that you(collective you, cause I know that Swissland doesnt do anything anyway)stand there like the deer in the headlightsand watch all the crap in the world happen.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #23  
    I want a President that will defend my country...
    You didn't answer the question, though..
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    You didn't answer the question, though..
    I have no idea what your question is...you rant about the US but offer no solutions. You are quick to point out what we didnt do while you do nothing.
  5.    #25  
    I have no idea what your question is...
    The question in my post you quoted above. I could not help noting that you preferred attacking others (other nations) instead of replying to the points brought up. And BTW: I didn't attack a nation or the inhabitants of a country, I just pointed out that Bush's plans were flawed from the start.
    The question in my post you quoted above. I could not help noting that you preferred attacking others (other nations) instead of replying to the points brought up. And BTW: I didn't attack a nation or the inhabitants of a country, I just pointed out that Bush's plans were flawed from the start.
    I think that what you should be saying is that "in your opinion" Bush's plan is flawed because you certainly havent demonstrated to me, other then showing a few little snips of comments taken out of context, that you are nothing more then another Bush-basher. You dont like him cause he didnt suck up to the UN when it came time defend our country. We certainly dont need approval from every nation on earth to use a military solution to protect our country.
    I think that what you should be saying is that "in your opinion" Bush's plan is flawed because you certainly havent demonstrated to me, other then showing a few little snips of comments taken out of context, that you are nothing more then another Bush-basher. You dont like him cause he didnt suck up to the UN when it came time defend our country. We certainly dont need approval from every nation on earth to use a military solution to protect our country.
    Protect your country against what? A country with the intention of obtaining WMD, who posed no realistic threat to the US in any way?
    It's like shooting someone who has the intention of breaking into your house while they're still on the street outside.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    It's like shooting someone who has the intention of breaking into your house while they're still on the street outside.
    It might be "like that" but I would rather get them in the street before they get into my livingroom, since they had the "intention" of breaking in anyway
    I would rather get them in the street before they get into my livingroom, since they had the "intention" of breaking in anyway
    Do you understand the logistical problem with this scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Do you understand the logistical problem with this scenario?
    No...I open the front door and there's the street.
    Protect your country against what? A country with the intention of obtaining WMD, who posed no realistic threat to the US in any way?

I cant help but wonder... Would you feel differently if you had been in NYC choking on the dust of your children? I hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I cant help but wonder... Would you feel differently if you had been in NYC choking on the dust of your children? I hope so!
    I think you're referring to 9/11 aren't you? What did that have to do with Iraq? Iraq was about as responsible for 9/11 as Cuba was for Hurricane Ivan.
    As I have said before, I was all for the action in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda were strongly linked to 9/11. Saddam had no link whatsoever, as stated, I believe, by the 9/11 commission.
    Animo et Fide
    I think you're referring to 9/11 aren't you? What did that have to do with Iraq? Iraq was about as responsible for 9/11 as Cuba was for Hurricane Ivan.
    As I have said before, I was all for the action in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda were strongly linked to 9/11. Saddam had no link whatsoever, as stated, I believe, by the 9/11 commission.

You mentioned no realistic threat. I think 9/11 proves the terrorist threat to be very realistic. Rather Saddam has a link to that particular event or not is irrelevant.
    WRONGO..."THERE WAS NO QUESTION in our minds that there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda."

Those are the words of Thomas Kean, of the September 11 Commission. He made the statement on July 22, 2004, 10 days after a New York Times headline declared, "9/11 Report Is Said to Dismiss Iraq-Qaeda Alliance," and a month after another headline in the same paper blared, "Panel Finds No Qaeda-Iraq Tie."
  15.    #35  
    WRONGO..."THERE WAS NO QUESTION in our minds that there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda."
    So what was the guy referring to? That there was no question in their minds at the time Bush went to war? That they had been stupid because they didn't question the relationship?

It is true that there were SOME links, but they were extremely weak and certainly of no importance for Al Qaida. Keep in mind that Saddam was by no means Islamistic. The only thing he was is "Saddam Husseinistic".
    So what was the guy referring to? That there was no question in their minds at the time Bush went to war? That they had been stupid because they didn't question the relationship?

It is true that there were SOME links, but they were extremely weak and certainly of no importance for Al Qaida. Keep in mind that Saddam was by no means Islamistic. The only thing he was is "Saddam Husseinistic".
    It amazes me that you wold consult world governments with all the knowledge regarding Al Qaida. Thomas Kean was co-chair of the 9/11 commission and they found evidance, weak or otherwise. When you sit on the sidelines and never have to make any decision, your thoughts, no matter how absurd, always look correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    You mentioned no realistic threat. I think 9/11 proves the terrorist threat to be very realistic. Rather Saddam has a link to that particular event or not is irrelevant.
    Sxtg, are you being deliberately obstinate? How can the links be irrelevant? If you're going to go after someone for 9/11 surely you go after the guys who did it? If there are no links, and there certainly weren't any significant ones, then that takes away terrorism as a reason for the Iraq war.
    At no stage did the US try to convince the UN that there was a link to terrorism, the push was regarding weapons of mass destruction, which most of the world was sceptical about - correctly as it turns out.
    Animo et Fide
    which most of the world was sceptical about - correctly as it turns out.
    Well your guy Tony sure fell for it.
    Well your guy Tony sure fell for it.
    I know
    Animo et Fide
    I know
    That's OK. Of the world leaders, he is one of the best. And he's a pal to the US
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast