Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    and to think this man.. nearly... stole... the white house!!! it gives me shivers!!! cripes!

I tried linking this story to this post but could not find the full story at craigslist.com. discussion of this can be found at craigslist.com under politics - sept 9, 2004

how gore can repeatedly gather the nerve to draw a such insanely preposterous comparisons and statements is well beyond me. double superlatives here, but gore just draws that out of me. he is a jackass. this is another example of a man so far out of touch with the world and the sobering reality that he came so terrifyingly close to running our country.
    Last edited by treobk214; 09/11/2004 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    and to think this man.. nearly... stole... the white house!!! it gives me shivers!!! cripes!

I tried linking this story to this post but could not find the full story at craigslist.com. discussion of this can be found at craigslist.com under politics - sept 9, 2004

how gore can repeatedly gather the nerve to draw a such insanely preposterous comparisons and statements is well beyond me. double superlatives here, but gore just draws that out of me. he is a jackass. this is another example of a man so far out of touch with the world and the sobering reality that he came so terrifyingly close to running our country.
    Wow, what a source! Far worse than expected...

Here some other valuable contributions from the same site/date:

"Crawford Cowboy's make believe ranch and chickenhawk shack"
    "Lamebrain anti-Kerry Texass is lame in every way"
    "Crawford Coke snorting Cowboy doing lines at Camp David "

What are you trying to tell us about you by quoting something like that??

Is this supposed to be funny or what?
    Last edited by clulup; 09/11/2004 at 04:35 PM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  3.    #3  
    he he he.. clulup, I don't care if this disappoints you. if you don't like it, tough cookies, swisslander... now go finish your cheese.
  4.    #4  
    Fox News reported that Al Gore attacked President Bush's faith last night, saying something to the effect of, "Bush's faith is the American counterpart to the religion of the Taliban."

more to come, as we are waiting to receive the FULL speech from the magnanimous and visibly bitter al gore himself.
    Here's a link to the story posted on Worldnet Daily news:

Gore: Bush faith akin to fundamentalist Islam

I personally think it is distasteful to mix politics and religion as GWB has often done in the past, but these statements by Gore are beyond the pale imo. IF anything, IMO it depicts Gore's own intolerance and prejudices against those of faith and religion in general. It also strikes me as extremely petty and low-ball attack from a very angry and bitter man who still has not accepted his defeat and moved on with his life. In general, a very disgraceful display by a man who was once the VP of the US...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/11/2004 at 05:01 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You want to tell us how bad Gore is, fine. But your putdowns of clulup for being Swiss is unacceptable. I thought being an American is about respect to other cultures.
    Last edited by m00se; 09/11/2004 at 05:16 PM.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    he he he.. clulup, I don't care if this disappoints you. if you don't like it, tough cookies, swisslander... now go finish your cheese.
    Yawn, again.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Gore is a looser. Gore is a whiner. Gore is lost in his own sense of loss and his inability to gain popular support. He lost. Outright lost. The studies he had done, each and every one of them, showed he lost. Lost. He ain't a man, he's a whiner. I also do not think his father invented the Internet. Ben
    trbk214, you work yourself into a froth about how Gore can be so intolerant of Bush's religion, and within a half hour, you show how intolerant you can be in bashing clulup's nationality. I don't think Gore's intolerance makes any difference to you, you would hate him whatever he said because you hate his politics. Simple as that.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 09/11/2004 at 06:27 PM.
  10.    #10  
    no. I strongly oppose people if they make outlandish claims and bizarre statements. if a person's politics and governing motives are sound, I have absolutely no problem with them despite them having opposing views to my own. but when I see absurd statements such as these, I can't help but to shine the light on them.
    if a politician makes such ridiculous statements, I would think any reasonable person should expect them to be berated. case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    You want to tell us how bad Gore is, fine. But your putdowns of clulup for being Swiss is unacceptable. I thought being an American is about respect to other cultures.
    I agree with you except concerning what America is about. America is about FREEDOM!
    "no. I strongly oppose people if they make outlandish claims and bizarre statements."

Then you must oppose Bush for many things he has said, such as the link between Nigeria and Iraq's WMD's. That was proved to be false more than a month before he stated the link in his State of the Country speech last year. If it could be proved that he had known it was a lie he was saying he could be impeached for lying to Congress.

You could also oppose Cheney for his outlandish recent remark about how voting for Kerry would cause a terrible terrorist attack. Of course later he said he did not mean it, which is outlandish as well because he should know what he says and how it comes across.

Perhaps you don't oppose theses people for their remarks, so please then admit that you are biased (as most of us are) and state that you oppose the outlandish claims and bizarre statements of those you do not agree with.
  13.    #13  
    yes those statements were uncalled for. absolutely. I will not sit here and try to tell you that bush is without fault. he definitely has his share of faults.
    and cheney's comments were uncalled for. I do not agree with all republican decisions or stances ( ie. stem cell research - I think we should go forward with this technology to improve our healthcare)
    however, I agree with the majority of the bush / cheney platform. its not that I condone everything that they say or do, but I do think they have the clearest understanding of what our country needs.
    treobk, thank you......rationality, it is so refreshing!
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 09/11/2004 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I agree with you except concerning what America is about. America is about FREEDOM!
    Among other things yes!
    (I mentioned respect because treobk214 "ain't got none." Now please tell again: you disagree that Americans should have respect to other cultures?! And putdowns of other cultures are OK?!)
    -Mark Twain
    no. I strongly oppose people if they make outlandish claims and bizarre statements.
    You must be opposing yourself. Case closed!
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Gore is a looser. Gore is a whiner. Gore is lost in his own sense of loss and his inability to gain popular support. He lost. Outright lost. The studies he had done, each and every one of them, showed he lost. Lost. He ain't a man, he's a whiner. I also do not think his father invented the Internet. Ben
    Back-up your claims with specifics please.
    -Mark Twain
  18.    #18  
    shaddup, moose. you are ridiculous.. and you can call that a "personal attack" if ya want.
    oh boy.. what a gigantic insult I gave there... im sure I offended the mass number of cultures of the world by my little " swisslander cheese" quip. moose, big, whoop - de - doo - da , freakin deal!!! if you think that was disrespectful, that's laughable.
    "aint got none" ha ha. oh boy, yeah and you've got terrific respect for the english language there, ace... and I use that term "ace" loosely in your case.
    big deal... unbunch your panties there, moose... unbelievable.. you can overlook what the main point of this topic - ignore al gore's bizarre statement - because you'd rather create an international "respect" thing with this little comment. wow.
    in all honesty, moose, I am sure I did not cause an international rift in our current situation. I am sure there won't be a boycott, or ban or summit meeting focusing on the issue of your claim that I have no respect for other countries!
    discuss the topic, don't try and create a diversion from it. its clear YOU "aint got no respect" for sticking with the point of the topic. so get over this, comrade. its a stupid accusation.
  19.    #19  
    " you must oppose yourself"
    haha oh hahhahaha.

what a joke. whaddya think then moose? do you agree with gore. ( I can't wait to hear this response folks)
    do YOU think that christianity is our counterpart to islam extremism? do you concur, oh respectful one?
    and make sure you back up your responses with specifics here, you got me? we wouldn't want to misrepresent, would we - out of - respect - of course.
    " you must oppose yourself"
    haha oh hahhahaha.

what a joke. whaddya think then moose? do you agree with gore. ( I can't wait to hear this response folks)
    do YOU think that christianity is our counterpart to islam extremism? do you concur, oh respectful one?
    and make sure you back up your responses with specifics here, you got me? we wouldn't want to misrepresent, would we - out of - respect - of course.
    You failed to notice that my comments had NOTHING to do with Gore or your opinions of him. My comments had to do with your disrespect to other cultures. Period.
    -Mark Twain
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast