Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. #41  
    Even Dan, Rather would like forget his lack of journalistic integrity.
  2. #42  
    CBS arranged for a confidential source to talk with Joe Lockhart, a top aide to Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, after the source provided the network with the now-disputed documents about President Bush's service in the Texas National Guard.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...ocuments_x.htm
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yeah, uh huh, and who the hell is CNSNews? They are a political hack group portraying themselves as a news organization...Notice they have no bylines that are other then their own and I doubt this group has that many reporters so are they just watching TV and making things up. They need to at least cite sources...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yeah, thanks WSlappy, you do great research. Looks like you debunked the Rush Limbaugh/Nazi News Network...thank you dude, you rock...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Claire, that is William Kristol and Fred Barnes (both former republican speechwriters) that are the Editors of that site. I hardly call them finding four out of 287 million people that consider these fakes as being overwhelming evidence. Proportional spacing typewriters existed in the 1940's. There are typewriters that existed with "th" keys and common keys like "1/2" which explains easily the th issue. They are grasping at straws. If the President knew these to be untrue wouldn't he be saying so instead of just ignoring it? Again I state I am a conservative and even moreso then I am an American and seek the truth.
    Seeking the truth...yeah, that's the ticket!
    Talldog
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Heberman, they are liars. Proven, case closed. This CNSNews is not even accredited in any journalistic circles and openly avows it's right-wing bias.
    Ho ho ho. Interesting how gharrod's "liars" and the "unaccredited" media forced CBS to admit that their docs are false. It wasn't the website which was the liar, it was CBS's own source for the docs.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5. #45  
    CBS news clearly screwed the pooch on this fiasco.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    CBS news clearly screwed the pooch on this fiasco.
    CBS Screwed the Pooch & the Truth
    By DOUG THOMPSON
    Sep 21, 2004, 07:20
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_5291.shtml

    It appears that you should have referenced this link. Wasnt really an original comment, was it. Sorry
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    CBS Screwed the Pooch & the Truth
    By DOUG THOMPSON
    Sep 21, 2004, 07:20
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_5291.shtml

    It appears that you should have referenced this link. Wasnt really an original comment, was it. Sorry
    I've been using that phrase since I was a Marine 20 years ago. It wasn't invented today, dear. I also don't read tinfoil hatted rags like Capitol Hill Blue. I prefer The National Enquirer for all my entertainment reading.
    Last edited by Eurokitty; 09/21/2004 at 03:07 PM.
  8. #48  
    clairegrrl, heberman, Woof, you guys must be dancing on cloud 9!

    Well I have to admit it was dumb to believe in CBS on these memos. I am becoming more cynical than ever of the media. Well live and learn!
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Well I have to admit it was dumb to believe in CBS on these memos. I am becoming more cynical than ever of the media. Well live and learn!
    What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    clairegrrl, heberman, Woof, you guys must be dancing on cloud 9!

    Well I have to admit it was dumb to believe in CBS on these memos. I am becoming more cynical than ever of the media. Well live and learn!
    No...I dont think that way. Im in school with a journalism major. I just feel the obligation of the news media is to report the news, not try and create it. For all the jabs that Fox gets, the biases of the network news and the major newspapers in this country is also obvious. If you think of all of the people that rely only on TV for news, only to have it slanted one way or the other is a terrible disservice. JMHO
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    No...I dont think that way. Im in school with a journalism major. I just feel the obligation of the news media is to report the news, not try and create it. For all the jabs that Fox gets, the biases of the network news and the major newspapers in this country is also obvious. If you think of all of the people that rely only on TV for news, only to have it slanted one way or the other is a terrible disservice. JMHO
    couldn't agree more. have you read Bias?....it certainly paints a backdrop for how CBS did the dog...as you kids (and old Marines) say
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    it certainly paints a backdrop for how CBS did the dog...as you kids (and old Marines) say
    We say a lot of other things that are not suitable for this forum as well.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    couldn't agree more. have you read Bias?....it certainly paints a backdrop for how CBS did the dog...as you kids (and old Marines) say
    No, but I have Arrogance: Rescuing America From the Media Elite. I just havent had a chance to read it you. After a night of reading Medieval and Tudor Drama, my eyes are crossed
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    After a night of reading Medieval and Tudor Drama, my eyes are crossed
    well i give you credit because my eyes just crossed at the thought of reading Medieval & Tudor drama.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    clairegrrl, heberman, Woof, you guys must be dancing on cloud 9!

    Well I have to admit it was dumb to believe in CBS on these memos. I am becoming more cynical than ever of the media. Well live and learn!

    I don't dance.

    Not surprised at the outcome though. I watch Dan and his Complete BS evening news almost every evening. It's fun to see the spin. It was all just alittle too convenient.

    Funny I didnt think that I could think less of Dan and his bias, but I do now. Sad really.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  16. #56  
    I have the same amusement looking at the Fox news personalities, and their right wing spin gyrations
  17. #57  
    equally amusing is seeing Tom DeLay in the hot seat. I never did like that guy.

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...9563_2004sep21
  18. #58  
    If a man has a position responsibility, as the head of any entity,as he reports to the American people to make responsible decisions at his job, not just on the info that is handed to him, but to follow up and verify the facts before rushing to judgement, missleading, then digging in on a bad position....

    Then so be it, Dan Rather should go.......
    and more importantly...
    so should George W Bush for the VERY SAME REASON!!!!

    He to made bad decisions based upon bad information. Dug in and made matters worse!

    The difference is Rather has admitted HIS mistake....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions