Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 91 of 91
  1. #81  
    And in the same light, Miss Kitty is not fairing very well either. It is most amazing how this is all just coming down around those among us who know that the average citizen is just plain so stupid that he/she will believe anything they are told.

    Ben
  2. #82  
    Unsubstantiated claims? Have you read any of the newspapers recently - say like the last couple of months? Today's papers that speak of Rathergate? Annenberg's history is not middle of the road. Kerry's 270 buddies - the word lier is an exageration - but they sure are pissed at what he has catagorized them and they to a one do not believe he is presidential material. So yes, the resources are out there. Take a moment to scan the national papers - I read a tremendous amount from the leading papers - some to the left, a couple to the right and even one or two in the center. Did you hear Matt Laur's talk with Miss Kitty? he had her so upset that she actually paused. Her writings are factual? Far from it. Read then draw your own conclusions.

    Ben

    -----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Ben, I certainly admire your chutzpah, but you make a lot of unsubstantiated claims, and I am wondering, if you do not think the Annenberg Foundation is middle of the road, where you are getting your "reliable" information.

    Could you please list some references about all of Kerry's 270 military buddies calling him a liar?

    Also, the information about Dan Rather's sources saying he mislead them? I mean, do you have proof who these sources were?

    I would most appreciate it if you could, in the future, could you please list some references to your claims. It would add clarity to our discussions.

    Thanks
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    the resources are out there.
    Okay. That smacks of an X Files rip-off, but okay. Here's what comes up at the top of the list in Google for highlights from bclinger's last post:

    Rathergate
    This appears to be a blog about Dan Rather. So far so good.

    Annenberg's history
    The Honorable Walter H. Annenberg does, indeed, seem to be history -- he died of pneumonia in 2002.

    Kerry's 270 buddies
    This seems to be a message board where people are discussing an article about John Kerry that appeared in the L.A. Times. (I didn't RTFA because you have to register for the site.) The only mention of "270" in the discussion seems to be a note that Kerry needs 270 electorial votes to win the election. That's one vote for each buddy!

    the word lier
    Lier seems to be a town in Belgium. ...They're big on cloth, apparently.

    Matt Laur's talk with Miss Kitty
    This one is my favorite: apparently one of the Columbus Riverdragons had a chat with a professional wrestler (a woman from Canada, no less!). We'll never know what the conversation was about, though because sunkissed2oo6's blog seems to have been deleted.

    And there you have it! The truth is out there.
  4. #84  
    ROFLMAO, Snerdy, you're one sarcastic genius.
    Animo et Fide
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Unsubstantiated claims? Have you read any of the newspapers recently - say like the last couple of months? Today's papers that speak of Rathergate? Annenberg's history is not middle of the road. Kerry's 270 buddies - the word lier is an exageration - but they sure are pissed at what he has catagorized them and they to a one do not believe he is presidential material. So yes, the resources are out there. Take a moment to scan the national papers - I read a tremendous amount from the leading papers - some to the left, a couple to the right and even one or two in the center. Did you hear Matt Laur's talk with Miss Kitty? he had her so upset that she actually paused. Her writings are factual? Far from it. Read then draw your own conclusions.

    Ben

    -----------
    Ben, you make my point. "Miss Kitty" also does not back up what she claims.

    I read the papers too, maybe you are not used to providing references to back up what you say, maybe its not part of your job, like it is mine. Just know that an honest person can "read the papers" too and come up with entirely different conclusions. Depends on what papers you read, how critically the articles are researched, how critical you are in believing the information, etc. The end result is you say X, but no one knows how you arrive at your conclusions, what is the hard evidence?

    I will not keep badgering you about this, I only give you this advice, because I think it is helpful and you will win more people to your side, by giving the best supporting case for your arguments.

    Peace
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 09/15/2004 at 12:38 PM.
  6. #86  
    I have an extreme aversion to having a conversation with someone who says something without having knowledge of what they are speaking of. I read and speak of what I read. I feel that I do not have to take the times to educate someone in detail. I like the challenge of looking and deciding for myself. If someone says something that goes past me, then I look it up. So if you say something and I do not understand it, then I will look it up before coming back with something. This often means that the other person is right and I have learned something. In today's world, there are many places to get information from. Yep, it is out there and it is not X-Files stuff. Unless the statement is from an out of the way source, verifying what I mumble should not be too difficult...Anyway...

    The current events of the day - unfortunately that of 30 years ago, seems to be the big stuff. Look in a paper and something about it is there. Listen to the radio, something about it is there. Listen to one of the news shows and something is there. Forgive me for not going into a lot of detail about Swiftboat, but it is there. Just read - reading more than just one side though and gosh, with over 200 people saying basically the same thing, there has to be something there.

    The Miss Kitty thing - well, again a current events thing. The smearing of many people by one person who frankly writes nothing but trash. Smear job is what it was and nothing less than that. I should have provided her entire name. During another interview recently she was penned down even further. Does she not think someone will someday ask her a real question?

    I beg forgiveness on the typo. Liar not the other.

    Dan Rather is really getting the heat. The letter today suggests stalling in order for them to figure out what to do or say. Why not just give the information people are wanting and then get on with life. He can bully, but damn if he can be bullied. Stonewall completely. In addition, he has a history of this. He did it years ago with a Viet Nam story. Six or something like that in a set-up story and only one was in Viet Nam. So, he just seems to be a sore looser.

    Ben

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Okay. That smacks of an X Files rip-off, but okay. Here's what comes up at the top of the list in Google for highlights from bclinger's


    last post:

    Rathergate
    This appears to be a blog about Dan Rather. So far so good.

    Annenberg's history
    The Honorable Walter H. Annenberg does, indeed, seem to be history -- he died of pneumonia in 2002.

    Kerry's 270 buddies
    This seems to be a message board where people are discussing an article about John Kerry that appeared in the L.A. Times. (I didn't RTFA because you have to register for the site.) The only mention of "270" in the discussion seems to be a note that Kerry needs 270 electorial votes to win the election. That's one vote for each buddy!

    the word lier
    Lier seems to be a town in Belgium. ...They're big on cloth, apparently.

    Matt Laur's talk with







    Miss Kitty
    This one is my favorite: apparently one of the Columbus Riverdragons had a chat with a professional wrestler (a woman from Canada, no less!). We'll never know what the conversation was about, though because sunkissed2oo6's blog seems to have been deleted.

    And there you have it! The truth is out there.
  7. #87  
    Thirty years of public service, they must be doing something people like. Miss Kitty's book is entirely negative and the accompanying sheet from the publisher listed 20 "important topics" that needed to be discussed - all 20 were were negative. Tell me that's not a hatchet job.

    I have no problem providing references to backing up what I say. But on a current events thing, gosh, it's all over the place and over-all, the evidence in the Swiftboat and Rathergate episodes point to one-sided politics. What is good for one is good only for one. Rather also has a history of this sort of stuff. A look back a few years shows a Viet Nam related episode.

    When looking through the papers, it is very evident that the press has it in for Bush, whether it is deserved or not.

    Also, I came across something about Kerry's discharge - it was initially not an "honorable dischage," just a general one and that it was not changed until just a few years ago.

    Take care. It's been a long day in Paradise.

    Ben

    -------

    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Ben, you make my point. "Miss Kitty" also does not back up what she claims.

    I read the papers too, maybe you are not used to providing references to back up what you say, maybe its not part of your job, like it is mine. Just know that an honest person can "read the papers" too and come up with entirely different conclusions. Depends on what papers you read, how critically the articles are researched, how critical you are in believing the information, etc. The end result is you say X, but no one knows how you arrive at your conclusions, what is the hard evidence?

    I will not keep badgering you about this, I only give you this advice, because I think it is helpful and you will win more people to your side, by giving the best supporting case for your arguments.

    Peace



    \\\
  8. #88  
    C-BS News "Fake But Accurate!"
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    C-BS News "Fake But Accurate!"
    At least they got it half right.


  10. #90  
    That's what their lawyer said more-or-less - fake but accurate is all that is important. It is just amazing. Ben
  11. #91  
    C-BS News plans to say it was misled on the purported National Guard memos that were the source of its report that President Bush received favored treatment 30 years ago, The Washington Post reported Monday.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions