1.    #1  
    Haven't been able to get on line for several days due to Hurricane Frances paying us a visit. TIA for all your thoughts and prayers as we went throught this.

I have some photos that I will attach on the following posts ... sorry I don't have a blog site, but this is the only way I can share these with you.

We lost power early Friday morning and regained it on Tuesday afternoon. If you want advice, live near a hospital as they are first to get their power back, along with anyone else on that grid. Still over 300,000 people without power in just Palm Beach County, about 1.2 million overall.

We were pelted by winds exceeding 50 mph for over 36 hours, for more than 12 hours, those winds exceeded 70 mph. I'm not talking gusts here, I am talking about constant blowing winds that howl around corners of buildings and through trees. And then the wind direction changes as the hurricane passes and things really get interesting. Things that blew by a few minutes or hours earlier start coming back at you. I tell you that I did not sleep for 2 days.

The wind was so strong that the 100 acre lake around our community had waves (white caps in the photos) that you could have ridden a boogie board on with no difficulty.

Before I get to the photos, the treo performed very well. Without power it made it through the 5 days without power with no recharging. I took these photos and tried to connect over and over with no luch until last night. The charge before I plugged in my treo was still at 26%. Not bad, imho.

On to the first photo ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  2.    #2  
    Here we go, right before the big wind blew ...

3.    #3  
    The one photo where you see water in the driveways was taken at 7:30 am. Two hours earlier, the spot I was standing to take the photo was underwater.

4.    #4  
    Just some photos from damage around the community ...

It looks like you fared pretty well in the storm. I live down in Boca and the damage is fairly extensive. We've been without power since Saturday morning and without phone since Sunday morning.

And now it looks like Ivan is lining us up.....
    Looks like you fared better than we did--all the way up in North Carolina!
    http://www.the5thcircle.com/gallery/biltmore_flood
    http://www.stowy.net/asheville/avlflood.htm

Nareau