Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    wow. if you watched how senator miller, who recently converted from democrat to republican, you're probably thinking twice about voting for kerry. he makes you feel that the ted kennedy's and kerry's of the democratic party are anti- americans, and I salute this man for telling it like it really is. way to go, senator miller!!!!
    He does have a good argument, I have to agree.

Problem is, I don't like either choice at this point.

/not a Bush supporter either
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    ...I salute this man for telling it like it really is.
    Beh. Salute him for telling his opinion.

-from someone who neither heard a word of his opinion nor is registered in any political party.
    Quote Originally Posted by zieak
    Beh. Salute him for telling his opinion.
    His statements that I agree with are not opinion, I agree that you should judge a canidate by their voting record, not their promises.

/going to go look at his (Kerry's) voting record...
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Why is he still a Democrat? Seriously, there apparently is no room for the Dixiecrats of old in the Democratic party...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by FloydPinkerton
    His statements that I agree with are not opinion, I agree that you should judge a canidate by their voting record, not their promises.

/going to go look at his (Kerry's) voting record...
    The statements about Kerry's record are true, just not complete. He did vote to cut funding of the B2. So did McCain.

He voted to give the Strategic Defense Initiative $3.3 billion instead of the $5.4 billion the administration wanted.

He voted AGAINST cutting funding for the F-18. I wonder why this was left out.

He also voted for military pay increases.

Full records http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_cat...an_id=S0421103
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Another drooling thread for the Republicans... Consolidate your threads into one please.
    I agree. With 8 threads discussing politics, and largely US politics at that, it's getting real old. Why couldn't this have gone into an existing thread. Not everyone in off topic is into politics...

I vote to move this into an existing thread, rather than encouraging off-topic to become political-topic.
    Talk about a flip-flop.

http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so.

John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its "Digital Dozen."
    "Strengthen our military." Was he lying then, or did Kerry undo all of that in the past three years?
  10.    #10  
    metsfan, your beef with bush was his 7 mins. that was your consistent and undying argument wasn't it?
    well, what about kerry's 45 minutes? do you think that would have generated the response we needed to blow those planes out of the sky?
    wonder if his being a member of the digital dozen would have enabled him to do that?
    metsfan, your beef with bush was his 7 mins. that was your consistent and undying argument wasn't it?
    well, what about kerry's 45 minutes? do you think that would have generated the response we needed to blow those planes out of the sky?
    wonder if his being a member of the digital dozen would have enabled him to do that?
    That was a completely different thread. What does that have to do with this?
  12.    #12  
    we are talking about the military, correct? the very fighter technology which I believe kerry voted against supporting which would be used to shoot down any errant, terrorist-hijacked flight. that's what its got to do with this.
  13.    #13  
    we are talking about the military, correct? the very fighter technology which I believe kerry voted against supporting which would be used to shoot down any errant, terrorist-hijacked flight. that's what its got to do with this.
  14.    #14  
    duplicate post by accident.
    Right. The same military that AFTER Kerry voted against the fighters, Miller said Kerry has worked to strengthen. I'm not defending Kerry, I'm casting doubt on Miller's credibility.
  16.    #16  
    there must be a pretty good reason why a democrat who is remaining democrat had made such severe statements against kerry. there must be something that truly leaves him unsettled when he considers kerry a possible president.
    you don't defend kerry, but you said earlier that you want him in their over bush. really? knowing how long it takes him to move and how often he alters his direction?
    you may say you doubt miller's credibility... why would a democrat... unless he has some alarmingly good reason, come out and defend a guy like bush if he is truly so misplaced? so he doesn't approve of kerry, but dems hate bush, wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut?
    I think he spoke from the heart tonight. what other reason would he have especiallu since.... he is REMAINING a democrat?
    there must be a pretty good reason why a democrat who is remaining democrat had made such severe statements against kerry. there must be something that truly leaves him unsettled when he considers kerry a possible president.
    you don't defend kerry, but you said earlier that you want him in their over bush. really? knowing how long it takes him to move and how often he alters his direction?
    you may say you doubt miller's credibility... why would a democrat... unless he has some alarmingly good reason, come out and defend a guy like bush if he is truly so misplaced? so he doesn't approve of kerry, but dems hate bush, wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut?
    I think he spoke from the heart tonight. what other reason would he have especiallu since.... he is REMAINING a democrat?
    I wasn't defending Kerry with that post. That post was simply calling Miller on his contradicting statements.

Why doesn't Miller get the same flip-flop treatment Kerry has? He voted for the war then against it. He supported Kerry then he didn't. What's the difference?

And I highly doubt Miller will be a Democrat for long.
  18.    #18  
    yes. given. be it as it may, even if he is a fellow flip flopper, where would it serve in his interests to speak out against his own party's running candidate if it weren't for something he sees that is terribly wayward within his own party?
    using it as a wakeup call to his party? to try and get them back on track to consider what's best for the security of america ? rather than just doing whatever it takes to oppose the repubs even if it means suporting something that undermines our very security? that's what he was saying today. that's what hit home with me tonight
  19.    #19  
    and above all, that took a HELL of a lot of courage. I admire him for it.
    Wake up, Guys!

You believe everything Miller said is true? You believe these are his own convictions? You don't think that he was trying to put a doubt into your brain about Kerry, which you will not have the time to verify?
    Welcome to Republican Misinformation Tactics 2004! (a reprise of the 2000 program)

Wake up! Smell the java!

Read "Lies and the Lying Lyers Who Tell Them" by comedian Al Franken. Read any of the Noam Chompsky books. Get out to see Farenheit 9/11 !!
    Then, with your feet firmly planted on the ground, get back to important stuff.

Let's get back to PDA stuff ---
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast