1.    #1  
    Hey Ya'll...check out my new toy...isn't she lovely.
    This computer is the bomb and more!

Specs:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.4GHz w/800MHz FSB (Hyperthreading)
    512K L2 Advanced Transfer Cache
    256MB DDR333 PC2700 SDRAM (1 Open Slots)
    120GB Ultra ATA100 7200RPM Hard Drive
    CD-RW/DVD Combo drive
    USB 2.0 Ports: 5, FireWire Ports: 1, Infared Ports: 1, S-Video Out Ports: 1, Video In Ports: 1
    Integrated 7 in 1 media card reader
    56K PCI data/fax modem
    Integrated Intel® 10/100 Ethernet Adapter
    Integrated ATI RADEON 9200 AGP graphics
    17" TFT Wide Screen Active Display Matrix
    Infrared Media Center Remote and Receiver, integrated TV Tuner and Personal Video Recorder(PVR)
    Integrated stereo speakers with Sub Woofer
    Wireless 104 Multifunction Keyboard
    Wireless Optical Mouse
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Edition
    Microsoft® Works 7.0
    1 Year Factory Warranty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This must be replacing your TV, stereo and sound system?
  3.    #3  
    It sure is...it's right here in my living room.
    This computer can even work as Tivo...it has real time play back and so much more.
    I'm still playing with it...plus, it brings just about everything so I hardly need any added softwares...I love it!
    Use it as TIVO? Tell me when you've tried it.

How do they measure the 17", it looks like it's a wide screen (i.e. 19 or 20"). How much did you pay for the whole set-up?
    I'ld love to have all that in a Centrino laptop with wifi!!

Is that even possible? Are there such Windows XP Multimedia laptops/Tablets that combine PVR-like functionality with wireless etc?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Ronbo,
    Haven't tried it but my boyfriend says that it can record programs off the TV at a specified time and so forth (something like Tivo).
    One of the best features is that it has 7 in 1 card readers...they're not kidding...I'm talking no need for SD/MM Card, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, or Smartmedia readers... Of course there are a million more nice features but I'm just tickled by that one. The Windows Media Player is out of this world. I can't express how impressed I am by this computer.

It cost a gran something...I think it was a $1,200.00 or somewhere in that area.
    The specs says 17" but it is about half bigger than my old 17" monitor...and yes, it is widescreen. It's huge...The resolution is amazing.

Oh..by the way...I put on the wireless on this computer and I can surf with my laptop from my bedroom using the computer's wireless as a connector...it's great!
    Not bad, at all. Nice to have the Tivo function, now I can dispose of my VCR and DVD recorders as well. Now, which one to budget for, the new Treo or a new computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I'ld love to have all that in a Centrino laptop with wifi!!

Is that even possible? Are there such Windows XP Multimedia laptops/Tablets that combine PVR-like functionality with wireless etc?
    the closest i've seen is the Sony VAIO GRT260G http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149...129TX1K0000530
    You rock, Jojo! That is one built baby. I'm almost embarassed to mention my new Dell laptop. :P
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys! :
    jeez, pictures do so much more than words for your PC....

Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    the closest i've seen is the Sony VAIO GRT260G http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149...129TX1K0000530
    Sony has a slick desktop called Vaio W or something like that where the keyboard folds down...pretty slick too although maybe not as powerful as hers
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Not bad, at all. Nice to have the Tivo function, now I can dispose of my VCR and DVD recorders as well. Now, which one to budget for, the new Treo or a new computer?
    Try BeyondTV from Snapstream (www.snapstream.com). It's great.
    What? No DVD burner?? LOL!! Nice new toy you got there, JoJo.
    Nice 'Puter!

Here's my new toy:
    Clicky
    to clean up after Harlow's monkey?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    to clean up after Harlow's monkey?
    Hahahhaha!

Nope, to keep up with my brain-dead cat, nicknamed "Hair-Farmer"! (and maybe entertain the beasty when i'm at work )
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hey Ya'll...check out my new toy...isn't she lovely.
    This computer is the bomb and more!

Specs:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.4GHz w/800MHz FSB (Hyperthreading)
    512K L2 Advanced Transfer Cache
    256MB DDR333 PC2700 SDRAM (1 Open Slots)
    120GB Ultra ATA100 7200RPM Hard Drive
    CD-RW/DVD Combo drive
    USB 2.0 Ports: 5, FireWire Ports: 1, Infared Ports: 1, S-Video Out Ports: 1, Video In Ports: 1
    Integrated 7 in 1 media card reader
    56K PCI data/fax modem
    Integrated Intel® 10/100 Ethernet Adapter
    Integrated ATI RADEON 9200 AGP graphics
    17" TFT Wide Screen Active Display Matrix
    Infrared Media Center Remote and Receiver, integrated TV Tuner and Personal Video Recorder(PVR)
    Integrated stereo speakers with Sub Woofer
    Wireless 104 Multifunction Keyboard
    Wireless Optical Mouse
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Edition
    Microsoft® Works 7.0
    1 Year Factory Warranty
    JoJo,
    I challenge you to a duel with my computer.
    It is a:
    1989 Amstrad PC
    13" CGA Color Monitor
    640K RAM -No expansion
    20 MEG Hard Drive
    1 5.25" Floppy Drive
    1200 Baud Modem
    Internal PC Speaker
    Mouse
    DOS only OS
    Motherboard installed IN Moitor case for easy meltdown.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  18.    #18  
    Wow daThomas...I really like that vacum...does it work on tiles too?
    I remember seeing the comercials for it...it's a cool gadget.

Hey Specl...does that 1989 means that your comp was built in 1989?
    Also...does it look something like this?

I'm sorry...I've never heard of Amstrad so I'm not sure if you are tripping or serious
    It's supposed to be best on bare floors and low to medium pile carpet... and most imprtantly, evil pet hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78

Hey Specl...does that 1989 means that your comp was built in 1989?
    Also...does it look something like this?

I'm sorry...I've never heard of Amstrad so I'm not sure if you are tripping or serious
    No way! The one in your picture has DUAL Floppies!! Way cooler than mine. And yes it was made in 1989! That was the year after they invented electricity!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone