Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think john mcCain has illustrated every reason I am voting for g. w. bush this election. eloquent and direct, if this vet chooses to back bush, this must tell you something. a man of character and independence of thought, he chose bush over kerry, and explained the reason why we must continue to fight the war. he should know. he was in harm's way himself, for a much longer period of time than kerry was, and in a much harsher fashion. if he choses bush, there must be a damn good reason, and I think he explained that reason beautifully at the convention
    esp. the reference to a disingeniuous filmmaker who would have us believe that saddam's iraq was an oasis of peace rather than a place of mass graves, torture chambers etc.
    that reaction to this line was absolutely beautiful. viva mccain!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    I think john mcCain has illustrated every reason I am voting for g. w. bush this election. eloquent and direct, if this vet chooses to back bush, this must tell you something. a man of character and independence of thought, he chose bush over kerry, and explained the reason why we must continue to fight the war. he should know. he was in harm's way himself, for a much longer period of time than kerry was, and in a much harsher fashion. if he choses bush, there must be a damn good reason, and I think he explained that reason beautifully at the convention
    esp. the reference to a disingeniuous filmmaker who would have us believe that saddam's iraq was an oasis of peace rather than a place of mass graves, torture chambers etc.
    that reaction to this line was absolutely beautiful. viva mccain!!!
    With you 110% on this!!
    since I don't like either of our candidates, he's actually my write-in vote. he's the only politician that i respect.
  4.    #4  
    and giuliani expounds on these reasons exceptionally!! removal of the taliban and hussein and scaring libya's khadaffi away from his wmd's w/o firing a shot. why? because of the examples we made of both afghanistan and iraq. and as long as bush is in office, maybe other enemy countries thinking about attacking us just MIGHT think twice about it. for fear of our visiting them as well. effective measure of making us more secure? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
    did not know this was a political discussion group but were are the arms of mass destruction being hidden in iraq
  6.    #6  
    it doesn't matter to bush how the media demonizes, ridicules, belittles, or attacks him. he stands behind the courage of his convictions and STICKING to them during unpopular times. winston churchill and reagan were ridiculed just as bush was. churchill sensed hitler's evil while others thought he was "making it up" much in the same way michael moore portrays bush making up the terrorist threats to the us. parallels? I think so.
    principaled leadership. that's why bush gets the vote.
  7.    #7  
    mccain states that kerry is an excellent friend of his, by the way! and he has chosen the republican path, however. very interesting indeed!
  8.    #8  
    the fundamental thing remains... iraq " had" wmds. every intelligence system believed so. you have to act preemptively to detour an ominous outcome. some will say, " oh no can't do that. " well if you wait for them to prove they have wmds to you then usually its too late, and by that time they would have mounted a wmd onto a missile and directed it toward someone.
    do you want to wait for that to happen, or would you rather act in a preventative style? if hussein was in power, he would have been trying to acquire wmds. he already acquired them and used it on his own people. what would stop him from using them on us?
    hussein's gone. one less nation capable of accumulating wmds against us. that's a definite accomplishment toward securing the world against terrorists. its a success, whether you think so right now or not.
    and what about all the young americans dying in iraq when we went in there for all the wrong reasons. Iraq was not responsible for 9/11 but the republicans tried there best to connect them. At this time we found no mass weapons or any connection with 9/11 so for what reason are so many americans risking there lives
    Dont get me wrong i like John McCaine but he is a republican supporting the party line and what you heard tonight was his entry into the 2008 race and he had no choice but back Bush
  11.    #11  
    you have your opinion on what is going on in iraq, and I have mine. im not going to sit here and try and convert you. if you think it was all for naught, that's you. I have another view of what's going on over there - you are strongly locked in to your position on it. let's leave it at that.
    Bush isn't "courageous". He's just a maniac who believes Jesus is speaking to him directly and telling him what to do. No wonder he stubbornly believes whatever he does is right... ignoring the majority of the opinions of the world. Look... He's turned a world where people all over the world were having candlelight vigils (days after sept 11), to a world where everyone is looking over there backs at us.

The real threat wasn't Saddam. The real threat was Osama and N Korea. Instead of concentrating our troops on capturing Osama, we invaded Iraq. And having both our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan enabled N Korea to be braver than ever and produce nukes. Janes Defense reports that N. Korea now has missle systems capable of reaching the West Coast. Missle systems capable of being armed with nukes that are believed to be produced when our army was overextended by Bush. Oh.. By the way calling North Korea evil isn't the best way to start diplomatic negoitations with a nuclear power.
  13.    #13  
    whatever you wanna believe, comrade. if that's the conclusion you come to on what's going on - GO RIGHT AHEAD. its your future, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers0340
    Bush isn't "courageous". He's just a maniac who believes Jesus is speaking to him directly and telling him what to do. No wonder he stubbornly believes whatever he does is right
    That's called having faith and having convictions.

... ignoring the majority of the opinions of the world.
    France and Germany don't constitute the "majority of the opinions of the world. Also, since when is the US President supposed to act in accordance with opinions of foreign governments?

Look... He's turned a world where people all over the world were having candlelight vigils (days after sept 11), to a world where everyone is looking over there backs at us.
    You got that right. How many post-9/11 attacks have taken place on US soil? The terrorists are truly looking over their backs at us now.

The real threat wasn't Saddam.
    Yes it was - just ask Putin and many intelligence agencies around the world.

The real threat was Osama and N Korea.
    Osama is much less a threat now than he was then, because of the US's actions. North Korea has the nukes. What is your solution, ask them really, really, nice to give the nukes up?

Oh.. By the way calling North Korea evil isn't the best way to start diplomatic negoitations with a nuclear power.
    Why not? It worked with Lybia. It worked with the Soviet Union. You have a short memory. What do you suggest we should do with the oppressive North Korean dictators? Give them some cake and ice cream? Yeah, they'll like us then.

You seem to think that if just act REALLY nice to everyone, then the bad guys will just go away. That's delusional thinking. Just ask pre-WWII France, or Poland, or USS Arizona sailors still at the bottom of Pearl Harbor.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  15.    #15  
    heberman - thankyou! nicely said.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    did not know this was a political discussion group but were are the arms of mass destruction being hidden in iraq

They caught him in a spider hole a couple of months ago. Did you see pictures of the mass graves etc. ???
    Last edited by sjjones; 08/31/2004 at 02:10 PM.
  17.    #17  
    go ahead. keep on living in denial. keep on encouraging terrorists that we won't do anything when they attack us. let's play the" don't hurt anyone's feelings" game. they can attack us, but we can't attack them. ok. let's go your route and see what happens, shall we? hahahha... you are amusing.
  18.    #18  
    sjjones, they have found mass graves in iraq. didn't you see news coverage of this event several months ago? I think maybe you should so some research and find out for yourself before you understate what's been found in iraq. you may surprise yourself. besides the criticism of what wasn't found, consider what HAS been found. then you'll understand what we are referring to here.
    treobk214, I think you completely misunderstood sjjones. He was pointing out to fkpalm that Saddam is himself a WMD, and cited the mass graves as an example of Saddam's mass destruction.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  20.    #20  
    my sincerest apologies to sjones! my mistake my friend
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast