Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 161 to 169 of 169
  1. #161  
    George Miller's plan is very scary and won't get us anywhere in the long run other than yet another hit to our collective retirement moneys.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Ill tell you what does bother me.... the idea that some democrats are considering seizing 401k plans and nationalizing them. I don't like possibility of increasing capital gains taxes on year over year stock gains either.

    Additionally, not being able to deduct contributions to retirement savings is yet another bad idea.

    These types of changes smack of socialism, and I hope to hell that obama doesn't put them into effect. If he does, god help us..
    Where do you get your news? I haven't seen any serious proposal to seize 401K plans. Nor any of the other items you mention? Been spending too much time reading conservative blogs, maybe?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Where do you get your news? I haven't seen any serious proposal to seize 401K plans. Nor any of the other items you mention? Been spending too much time reading conservative blogs, maybe?
    No, I don't do blogs, so ease off the gas. There was mention of these possibilities on cnn this week as well as an article about it in the washington times. I'll post a link to the stories here the next chance I get. If it ends up to be just rumor vs substance, then I'll be extremely relieved.
  4. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    as someone who would (at real personal peril) make the effort to himself wave the "obscene gesture" toward that passing poser in Chief, your cite unintentionally tells us something about that empty cowboy suit who strutted about these last 8 years.

    Clinton who worked 18-20 hours a day -- used his time traveling (whether it be in planes or limos) reading, listening, writing, and learning -- not sightseeing -- not waving to passersby on the streets of DC.

    That article makes it sound as though junior spent a great part of his time praying, counceling, and greeting -- and not too much on learning.

    (and btw -- the reference in the piece about Mother Teresa is ironic since she in effect confessed in her diaries to being either an atheist -- or at the very least, a skeptic...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/08/2008 at 10:21 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5. #166  
    So a guy who worked for him will miss him. Most of the country, including the most of the 99.9% of Republicans who didn't work for him think of him as the worst president ever.

    When Republicans describe his presidency as a "failed presidency" you know it's bad!
  6. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Ill tell you what does bother me.... the idea that some democrats are considering seizing 401k plans and nationalizing them. I don't like possibility of increasing capital gains taxes on year over year stock gains either.

    Additionally, not being able to deduct contributions to retirement savings is yet another bad idea.

    These types of changes smack of socialism, and I hope to hell that obama doesn't put them into effect. If he does, god help us..
    no these charges smack of fear mongering and the right treating its own base as a bunch of morons who will believe anything.

    I head somewhere Republicans are considering seizing 401K plans and nationalizing them.! Socialist Republicans!

    Wait where did I hear it? oh it was on Fox where someone was being interviewed about something they read in a blog. It must be true!
  7. #168  
    Yes, he was such a pious man. Jesus will no doubt welcome him with open arms someday and forgive his many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many sins.

    NOT!

    Personally, I think Bush should have to serve on the front lines of Afghanistan with those poor soldiers who are sinfully under-valued, under-manned, and under-resourced thanks to Bush-Co and his pet Iraq War project.
  8.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    no these charges smack of fear mongering and the right treating its own base as a bunch of morons who will believe anything.

    I head somewhere Republicans are considering seizing 401K plans and nationalizing them.! Socialist Republicans!

    Wait where did I hear it? oh it was on Fox where someone was being interviewed about something they read in a blog. It must be true!
    Wow. Ignorant post. Congratulations.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Posting Permissions