Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I indeed misunderstood your post sjones, im sorry. I guess a little trigger- happy in amongst all the anti- iraq sentiments lately.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've heard rumor that McCain is going to replace Cheny on the Republican ticket. Anyone else heard this ?
  3.    #23  
    that would be AWESOME
    The rumor is floating all around the convention, but there doesn't seem to be any indication Bush is even considering it.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I actually think Cheney is a better VP than McCain. However, McCain helps Bush more in the election than Cheney. So I have some conflicting feelings about the rumor.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #27  
    I think they are both exceptional. I have always felt cheney is a stronghold for the party. however I wonder if, due to his health, as well as mccain's popularity, the repubs are considering mccain.
  8.    #28  
    chickdance, there are several very good reasons why we are voting bush. however I strongly think you are so locked into the democrat vote, that you would find fault with them regardless of what we outined for you here.
    so let's agree to disagree
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Cheney who?
    (And I'd stop slobbering all over McCain. I respect him immensely but you guys need better reasons to vote for Bush than “McCain-said-so”...)
    [sacarsm] Yep, McCain is the man. If he started wearing a skirt with his suit tommorow, i'm gonna go down to macys with my gfs credit card. Besides, whats the worst that could happen in another 4 years of bush? Who knows, he might actually 'win' this time around [\sacarsm] (oh and for those who didnt get it, the win part was referring to the war and the election)

*runs & hides*
  10.    #30  
    if you dems could come up with a candidate who is actually worthy of the majority of american votes, inspiring enough support for him, maybe there wouldn't be such a close political race. ever consider that dems? if your candidate was so unquestionably outstanding in his representation of our nation's best interests, and without dispute the better candidate, we wouldn't be having these close recalls, now, would we? no. maybe if he's good enough, a democrat could win by a landslide! consider that one?
    lol...only thing i dislike more than politics are political arguments. I'm not going to get into one here but you do have a good point, nodbody is perfect, no party is perfect. It is awesome to see a democratic country excersise both sides of the ideoliogical coin. In the end, time will tell
    So then the same would be true of Bush, Treobk214?
  13.    #33  
    yes, but the fact still remains... bush is leading. apparently the majority still finds him to be the better man. yes its close, but he is still leading the charge, no matter how you want to discount his abilities or his accomplishments.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    A little late on this post since it was started but yes I was also unsure of how I was going to vote this election. I still want to hear the debates, I'm very interested in the issues instead of the bashing. I want to see the plan for the future. I also keep in mind the reason Clinton was very successful in his 2 terms was because he had exactly that - 4 years to get his ideas in place and 4 years to execute.
    McCain made some very good points and Giuliani I think is an exceptional speaker. But this is only the start of the convention, I haven't decided 100% yet. But I took all the points McCain and Giuliani said to heart - they were very well spoken and made the points very clear. Leadership is going to be important and outside influence of how or who other countries want as president means that someone such as Kerry could be influenced to do other countries bidding instead of staying on the plan like President Bush has. If you think of all the criticism President Bush has taken I dont think you could say it has changed his mind or his plan of action on how to counter the terrorism. He's laid his foundation and is sticking with it.
    I also think that if it was Bush/Giuliani ticket it would be a landslide
    I'll keep McCain in my prayers for that skin cancer he has as unfortunately it's scarred a good portion of his face.
    sledgie

oh plus i just want to make a edit -
    first off i think the worst thing to do is put a stereotype on who the democrats are or who the republicans are. there are a lot of democrats i know who even though they dislike bush they feel he is the stronger leader and plan on voting for him come november. i really hate those comments where someone says "you democrats need to do this" or "you republicans are " etc. etc. i remember the first time i heard kerry mumble "these republicans are the most lying....etc.etc." lets just refer to human beings as human beings! lets not put all the democrats and all the republicans in the same pot - we all have our differences. if they really wanted to win votes they'd APPEAL more to the other side and say, we need the democratic help, we need the republican help, etc. in this election instead of saying "these republicans want to take the $$ and give it to the rich" or "these democrats want to tax $5 to your gas for each gallon"
    sigh ok i'm done thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Cheney who?
    (And I'd stop slobbering all over McCain. I respect him immensely but you guys need better reasons to vote for Bush than “McCain-said-so”...)
    Well, I'm just voting for Bush because Rush Limbaugh told me to.

Oh, and I actually don't think McCain's endorsement means much to Bush supporters. I can't think of any conservative voting block which cares much about McCain's thinking. (unless you live in Arizona, I guess) However, if McCain would have defected to Kerry, that would have been huge for Kerry.
    I agree and made the same comment earlier, Sledgie. Just curious...what did you think of the speakers at the DNC?
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    You got that right. How many post-9/11 attacks have taken place on US soil? The terrorists are truly looking over their backs at us now.
    This has been pointed out before, and yet you keep repeating it.

It has now been just about three years since 9/11. No attacks on US soil.

Now let's look at how many attacks there were on US soil in the three years BEFORE 9/11.

That's right, none. Three years without an attack is hardly any great achievement.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I watched a great portion of the DNC, i'm still kinda miffed NEITHER convention got coverage from local networks. Except covering the acception of the nomination. In all truth, I like Edwards but I don't like how he acts - I dont like teresa because she lives down the street from me but - that's just my personal opinion and i'm not going to share stories of her, she's a good person at heart but i have my differences with her. I missed the Obama speech though, I was looking forward to that. Kennedy I dont like - I think the reason I dont like a lot of this is because both parties have a good amount to say about subjects/ideas in their philosophy, I just happen to think the conservatives are saying it a lot clearer. I hate personal attacks, I've been moving towards the bush/cheney ticket ever since they questioned why He waited more than 7 minutes during 9/11. It's abominable that you ask why a man doesn't flinch when he knows the cameras are on him at probably the greatest terroristic attack on American soil. We dont know what went through his head or what his thoughts were at that time, but everybody seems to have an answer on what he was thinking. I watched the Kerry speech and I really wanted to hear some of the things he wants to do with this country - his plans in health care (i doubt we'll see a major change in 10 years which is extremely unfortunate) and education and his true plan for taxes. That is one thing I haven't figured out yet, does he plan on taxing or not? I've heard him say both. But I absolutely detest attacks on a person's convictions/life, but I do believe an explanation is required when asked. So I can understand why the swiftboats ads caused such an uproar - they need an explanation because this man has played both sides of the field on many issues. Right now I think we need to bring people together instead of offending them with out issues/beliefs - we are all Americans even though we come from different backgrounds. I dont understand in this day and age, why we cant respect each other's opinions but disagree without causing such an offensive remark, and that's one difference I remember President Bush pointed out early before 2000 election. He said something to the effect of on the issue on abortion: "I know there are good people on both sides of the issue" - I've never heard a politician say something like that about such a controversial issue. That really wowed me. People blame Bush for job loss - to me that's ridiculous. We knew there were going to be MAJOR job losses after 9/11. My friend who owns 3 computer websites still hasn't recovered and he had about 300-600 orders a day. But he doesnt blame Bush. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the debates and plans of each administration on what they are going to do , because right now most i see is anticipation and leading up to plans, and that's exactly what accepting the nomination is about. I do what to hear more issues being stressed in the RNC, i think the DNC convention missed out on doing that. Most of us know or have a perception of who George W. Bush is, so we dont have to have a movie introducing him, etc. Kerry didn't have that advantage. I cant wait to see Laura Bush tonight and I do want to see what "Arnuld" has to say - i'm guessing it will have to do with taxation and how Bush's policies are similar to policies under Arnold in CA of no new taxes, etc. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by sledgie; 08/31/2004 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Three years without an attack is hardly any great achievement.
    Yeah, that's no big deal at all that thousands more haven't died, is it? No great achievement that numerous terrorist plots have been foiled. No big deal that Osama's threats of bigger and more devastating attacks on US cities have not happened. Who cares if more attacks have been avoided and more people are still living, rights metsfan?

Your comment has got to be the most cynical statement I have heard in a long, long time. I guess you think that we better not be happy, as Americans and as human beings, with our successes against terrorists who have repeatedly declared to bring this country to its knees. Anybody but Bush, right brother? Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    if you dems could come up with a candidate who is actually worthy of the majority of american votes, inspiring enough support for him, maybe there wouldn't be such a close political race. ever consider that dems? if your candidate was so unquestionably outstanding in his representation of our nation's best interests, and without dispute the better candidate, we wouldn't be having these close recalls, now, would we? no. maybe if he's good enough, a democrat could win by a landslide! consider that one?
    Funny, you must have read my mind because I was about to write this:
    If you Republicans could come up with a candidate who is actually worthy of the majority of american votes, inspiring enough support for him, maybe there wouldn't be such a close political race. Ever consider that Repubs? if your candidate was so unquestionably outstanding in his representation of our nation's best interests, and without dispute the better candidate, we wouldn't be having these close recalls, now, would we? No. Maybe if he's good enough, a Republican could win by a landslide! Consider that one?
    <Yawn!>
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast