1.    #1  
    What is the opposite of "inside out"?

There seems to be a bit of debate about this, no one seems to give the same answer. To me, logically, the answer is either "outside out" or "inside in". Any comments or other options? What is the correct way to say it?

If my shirt is on correctly, it's on ...?

Mike
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Umm...Outside In???
    IMHO there is no opposite. You don't say it...it's assumed.

For instance you say, "Your shirt is on inside out"

The opposite is ..."Your shirt is on." and you really wouldn't say it if the persons shirt was worn normally.

It's like saying "Look at that non-pregnant girl!" Unless you were in a convention of expectant mothers you wouldn't say it that way.

But what do I know. My mother spoke New Hampshire.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    "Look at that non-pregnant girl!"
    Are you saying she's fat?
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Are you saying she's fat?

snerdy, you made me LOL...thanks!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData
    Umm...Outside In???
    "outside in" and "inside out" are the same thing (your shirt is on wrong in both cases). So essentially "outside in" is a synonym for "inside out". I guess there is no antonym.

Mike
  7.    #7  
    ACDriver: with respect to your sig: "Do you ever wonder where the safest place is to sit in an airplane? Have you ever heard of an airplane "backing" into a mountain?"

Did you see the movie "Alive"? The nose was the only part that made it from what I remember. Also, if the pilot has any control at all they are likely to set the tail down first. I don't think there is any safe place if a plane is crashing... you just hold on tight and hope you get lucky.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan
    ACDriver: with respect to your sig: "Do you ever wonder where the safest place is to sit in an airplane? Have you ever heard of an airplane "backing" into a mountain?"

Did you see the movie "Alive"? The nose was the only part that made it from what I remember. Also, if the pilot has any control at all they are likely to set the tail down first. I don't think there is any safe place if a plane is crashing... you just hold on tight and hope you get lucky.

Mike
    in the ejection seat?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I vote inside in or just normal....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've heard and used "rightside out"
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan
    I guess there is no antonym.
    How about "unturned"?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Well here in Georgia it's called, "Dang, boy! Look at you dressed like some skinny pup from a one-eyed dawg."
  13. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I've heard and used "rightside out"
    Ditto that.
  14.    #14  
    unturned... I like that.

I have also heard rightside out, although rightside is
    not a word

Mike
    Okay, "right side out".