Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    46,000 voters have been found to be registered twice! in other words, they are registered in 2 states - new york and florida!

whats more interesting, is that 68% of them are democrats, and 12% are republicans!

hmm..... alot of fishy stuff going on here, wouldnt ya say?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Message from Democrats: Vote early, Vote often!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I'd say it's more likely that one state is not reporting to the other that registration has changed. This is the correct procedure...the new state of registration informs the old.

I wouldn't say it is fishy at all unless those same people actually voted in two different districts. Did that happen? Where did you find the story so as to follow up on it? If those people did vote in two different states at the same time...that ain't fishy, that's a scandal. Otherwise, it's representative of a system in place not working, and it needs to be fixed. It wouldn't be difficult to follow up on the story, but if it is found that there wasn't any illegal voting going on, no one will probably print that. It just ain't sensational enough.
    By the way...what were the other 20%?
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Message from Democrats: Vote early, Vote often!
    funny!!!!
    they didn't say where the other 20% are coming from. I would guess they are independent.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    46,000 voters have been found to be registered twice! in other words, they are registered in 2 states - new york and florida!

whats more interesting, is that 68% of them are democrats, and 12% are republicans!

hmm..... alot of fishy stuff going on here, wouldnt ya say?
    Do you have a link to the news story on this?

One explanation would be that many retirees spend winters in Florida and may be registered in both places. Either way, that is not good.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I caught this report on the news via tv, so unfortunately I can't attach a link. wish I could, it would be good to get a few perspectives on this.... hopefully it is simply the fact that people have retired from new york and moved to florida where they registered again. could be the case
    Ok, the story was reported by the New York Daily News. Of the 46,000 registered twice, they estimate between 400 -1000 actually voted. They interviewed a republican who voted twice. I do not know what evidence they have on the ones who did vote, but that carries a 5 year sentence along with a $10,000 penalty.

This needs to be fixed, and prior to the upcoming election. At least the states can save vital voting information, cross-match, and follow up with criminal convictions for any who are caught.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    im with ya there for sure.
    Sites reporting this story list the New York Daily News as the source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-193064c.html

Funny thing is, I didn't see the breakdown in their story as to who was democrat, republican, or what have you in the actual story.

The percentages that have been listed (again not in NYdailynews, but as reported by others) don't add up. 68% Democrats, 12% Republicans, and 14% other. Hmm, still isn't 100%. So if NYdailynews didn't report specific #'s, how did other sites (who didn't investigate) get that info. 400-1000 out of 46,000 is small, but it's been made public now so it must be investigated and dealt with. Voter fraud of any measure should be taken extremely seriously in my opinion, with higher penalties than exist even now.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    id certainly hope we jump on top of this problem right now. something tells me more of this is going on than we are aware of right now.
    What? I thought only Republicans cheated?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What? I thought only Republicans cheated?
    yeah, exactly. lol
    How do they know what allegiance 46000 people are? You don't register your voting preference do you? I mean, you could compare to the last time they voted but that doesn't seem to be a representative sample.
    Animo et Fide
    You are registered by party affiliation, or as an independent.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    weird, I've always thought it a fundamental principle of democracy that voting is private. I'm not joking when I say I have no idea which way my parents vote. I suppose it's just the British way rather than a fundamental though.
    Animo et Fide
    and there's no legal way for me to find out either.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    weird, I've always thought it a fundamental principle of democracy that voting is private. I'm not joking when I say I have no idea which way my parents vote. I suppose it's just the British way rather than a fundamental though.
    *sigh* Again, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the American political system. Party affiliation is asked during voter registration in order to determine whether the person wishes to vote in the parties primary process. Thus you have to be a registered Republican in order to vote in the Republican primary and registered Democrat to vote in the Democratic primary. All voters, regardless of party affiliation, can vote in the general election, but the primaries are often more important in states/districts where one party over-whelmingly dominates necessitating the general election mute. However, all this depends and varies by state in regards to whether primaries are open or not. Furthermore, identification of party affiliation is not a prerequisite for voter registration anyway...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    How do you mean again? I don't recall saying anything about the US voting system before.
    You're right that I didn't understand though, still don't quite get it with regards to primaries etc. but I expect it makes sense if you're used to it.
    Animo et Fide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast