Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    if you are in the market for some absolutely fascinating reads - these two books are what you might want to look into.

these are rivetting books, guys. dan brown is the author of both. you can download e - reader and purchase the books for $9 / book. e reader is an excellent.

the gist. holy grail has been secret and hidden for years under the keep of extremely secret society, one in which leonardo da vinci himself was a grand master! you find out the whole secret behind mona lisa's knowing smile , the vitruvian man, and how pi is universal throughout nature.

these books are fascinating, and you wont be able to put them down. they are a source of great debate as to what the church today is really about. da vinci code. its an eye opener. it truly is.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Thanks for the tip. I have been looking for an audiobook to download to my iPod for a long car trip. Just got The DaVinci Codes today.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    you wont be disappointed, eurokitty! i could not put this one down!
    I thought they were great also. I see there is a new book out, just to explain details behind the details in The Davinci Code.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    yes, "angels and demons " i believe. im reading it right now.
    I highly recommend Dan Brown's Deception Point as well - different cast but just as much fun as DaVinci Code & Angels.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I highly recommend Dan Brown's Deception Point as well - different cast but just as much fun as DaVinci Code & Angels.
    after i finish angels i will give that a shot as well. dan brown`s books are definitely good quality. thanks.
    Da Vinci Code is good fun, some people do take it a bit seriously though! I mean it's a novel, he plays 'fast and loose' with the facts as he is entitled to but some people seem to think it's literal truth in a story form. The chapel mentioned in the Da Vinci code has seen a dramatic rise in the number of visitors since publication, so it's done our tourist industry some good! Lol
    Animo et Fide
    Halfway through the DaVinci Code now. I hate to put it down. I'm almost sorry I didn't read Angels first, since that's the order in which they were written, but people who've read both tell me it doesn't matter.

But when I'm done with the DaVinci code, I'm going back to Laurell K. Hamilton and the Anita Blake series. Can't beat that for good fun!
    Both books are very good. Alli, I read Da Vinci Code first, then Angels & Demons and I'm happy I read them in that order. I really enjoyed DC, but wasn't sure if Dan Brown would engage me as throughly again. The good news is that I thought AD was FANTASTIC, leaving me to eager to read more of his novels.
    If you read the Da Vinci Code, then take the time to read Da Vinci Code Fact or Fiction. It does a decent job of commenting in detail about the Da Vinci Code. Ben
    I fail to understand why a book of fiction has spurred so many other books debunking its fiction as........fiction.

I did enjoy the book thoroughly, right up until the end where I wish he'd ended just a little bit sooner. Instead of the final walk down the Rose Line, I'd have been much happier with Robert Langdon smiling knowingly.
    Alli, I think it's because the author likes to promote it as fact, and the source for a lot of the book is 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' which purports to be straight fact. I agree it's silly to get het up about a novel, but I think the author likes stirring it up as well.

To be honest I've read far better books this year.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Alli, I think it's because the author likes to promote it as fact, and the source for a lot of the book is 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' which purports to be straight fact. I agree it's silly to get het up about a novel, but I think the author likes stirring it up as well.

Well how silly.

I suppose next thing you'll be telling me there are no vampires living in St. Louis, despite all the Laurell K. Hamilton books!

no read can possibly be as good as those read by PB, right?!

you can never outdo PB, folks, don't even try.

ever on quest to one up everyone.. quite annoying.
    Last edited by treobk214; 09/13/2004 at 05:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts

can you be any more pretentious, peter? your arrogance is noted.
    why is it pretentious or arrogant to say i've read better? it's straight critiscism about a book I read.
    Animo et Fide
    ok, i've been thinking about how I managed to upset people, i'm sorry. as you know you can't really convey all your meaning in short posts but I assure you I wasn't trying to suggest people shouldn't have enjoyed the da vinci code. it is a good read, but my post was about people getting upset by it. I was suggesting that it's not really worth getting upset about, I didn't mean to say that in such a way as to offend.
    I just didn't react to the book as well as others i've read recently, doesn't mean they're better in any real sense.
    Animo et Fide
    The book opens with statements that are made as facts on page 1 under the heading of "fact." From the Priory of Sion which is untrue. Much of what Brown writes as truth is based on evidence that is questionable and in most cases, just plain made up. The book is good reading, but take it with a grain of sand. It is fiction presented as fact. That is the problem. Ben
    This may sound stupid, but isn't a large amount of fiction presented as fact? How could you read the Foundation series by Asimove without the presumption of the 3 Laws of Robotics as FACT? Yet nobody tried to debunk that. For some reason people have questioned the level of fiction in the DaVinci Code. It is fiction. Just that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast