1.    #1  
    Just curious. As of yesterday Google's shares closed at $100.34, up 18 percent from the reduced IPO price of $85 a share, in their 1st day of trading.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Just curious. As of yesterday Google's shares closed at $100.34, up 18 percent from the reduced IPO price of $85 a share, in their 1st day of trading.
    I didn't buy shares because (a) I couldn't (not living in the US) and (b) because I think the P/E ratio is silly and because Google doesn't really have an advantage when compared to the search technology of Microsoft or Yahoo (the results are virtually identical).

Don't get me wrong, I like Google, I use it constantly, BUT: I never take note of the ads which are placed there, let alone follow a link to one of the products/services. I doubt I am the only one, and since Google almost exclusively makes money with ads, I wouldn't expect to make money by buying shares now (apart from day trading).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    A price bumb after initial release is not uncommon. What is uncommon is for a huge P/E ratio to lead to long term wealth. If you want to try to time the market, fine, good for you, and good luck. If you are a buy-and-hold type, just remember how the term "dot bomb" came to be.
    I bought a little bit today at 105.70 ... gonna watch it carefully for a few days. It's at 108.18 right now ...
    Nah ... I think it's got a little life left in it. With a volume like we had today I would bet the institutional buyers caught on, although they are a day late to the game. I'm hoping there isn't a selloff on Monday ... I'd like to see it get up around 120...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I own one million shares, moosie.
    Ha-ha! Only a rich lawyer can afford that, not a public-school teacher......................

Llynx, I predict that it'll go up to the mid-twenties and than boom.............
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I would be happy with that.. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Llynx, I predict that it'll go up to the mid-twenties and than boom.............
    I set my price at $123. I'm with ya, moose.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    You chicken!
    I own one million shares, moosie.

Ya whatever chick.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Jealous, Woof?

No because I know youre full of it. You didnt drop 85 million on one stock.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Gosh, Woof: You are way too smart to be so conservative. OK, here's an offer: Come to the bright side (Kerry/Edwards') and I will personally give you 34,000 shares. Free!

I'll need half now and the other half on completion of the conversion.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    after minimal thought I have come to the conclusion that no matter how many shares you offer me, I could not abandon my convictions and change to the left side, Sorry. I'll stay over here where I belong. Why dont you give it to charity in my name instead and I dont mean the DNC.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Must you be so loyal?..
    Loyal? Nah, try rational, sensible, personally responsible, logical. I am loyal but not to anyone politically.
    — Ed Howdershelt