Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Hey, I have another idea for Kerry - he could claim on his website that 'John Kerry served on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence for 8 years and is the former Vice Chairman of the Committee.'

Oh wait, John Kerry has never, ever, served as vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. That was Nebraska senator Bob Kerry. Oh well, they better take that off the website. I wonder if John Kerry knows he is not named Bob?

I think I'll put on my website that I was king of America. If Kerry can make up stuff about his experience, so can I.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I don't hate Bush, I just would rather see him playing around on his ranch with his dog, or doing some type of oil business with his Dad or something else he wants to do, rather than running our country.
    The problem with the oil business is that Bush junior already tried that and it didn't go well at all, so I can understand his daddy doesn't want him to play with the family money.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    They are not scoring any points with these people when they have to buy body armor off eBay to keep from being maimed.
    Wow, too bad Kerry voted against the 87 billion funding package, after he voted for it.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I don't want to get into a flame war, but I will say this: I work with active duty military and Veterans of the U.S. Military on a daily basis. I also spent 6 weeks in Iraq last fall. I wish you all could hear what these people have to say about the Bush Administration and it's treatment of the military and veterans. They are not scoring any points with these people when they have to buy body armor off eBay to keep from being maimed.
    You didnt get any purple hearts in your 6 weeks did you? Cause you may actually be qualified to be president now, at least according to some folks. The medals would surely cement that deal.

There are liberals and conservatives in the military. A few do not speak for all. I have mmany friends who have returned from Iraq, wounded and not, who shudder at the thought of Kerry becoming president. Not to mention none of them ever said they had to go to ebay for body armor.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    For the record, yes, I AM a Bush supporter. Now, why would anyone care about military service 30 years ago? It doesn't qualify anyone to be dog catcher as far as I can see. And, yes, I was in the military during the VN conflict (not in VN tho) I was, however, shot at a couple of times, and that isn't a qualifier either! And, why is Bush being part of the National Guard being denigrated? They seem to be doing their part in Iraq! Seems to me Kerry is being less than completely honest about a lot of things, and is getting called on them as he should. When you claim more credit than your due, you deserve the results.
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    You didnt get any purple hearts in your 6 weeks did you? Cause you may actually be qualified to be president now, at least according to some folks. The medals would surely cement that deal.

There are liberals and conservatives in the military. A few do not speak for all. I have mmany friends who have returned from Iraq, wounded and not, who shudder at the thought of Kerry becoming president. Not to mention none of them ever said they had to go to ebay for body armor.
    I served from 83-87, and received TWO purple hearts for my service. I am also female.
    I served from 83-87, and received TWO purple hearts for my service. I am also female.
    Thank you for your service. I'd say you are more qualified than Kerry. And I didnt really expect anyone calling themselves kitty to be male, but thanks for the clarification.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Woof,

You are acting like a Troll by saying that someone who is a complete stranger to you is more qualified that Kerry.

Just come out and say that you prefer Bush and quit the Kerry slamming. It does not look good on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    Do you have anything intelligent to say?
    can u refute the fact that you prefer to support an admitted coke head who ran 2 companies into the ground, managed in 4 years to alienate 3 of our closest allies, a man who does not read newspapers, and cannot define sovereignty?

or do u stay up all nite watching replays of OReily Factor, repeating everything Mr Fair and Balanced has to say?

By the way, both on the OReily Factor and Chris Matthews last nite slammed the author of the book that questions the events that unfolded while Kerry was on that swift boat.

If you ask me, just be willing to be in the military during a time of war is courageous enough for me. Lets not even talk about being shot at.

Instead of questioning Kerry, why don't we focus on Bush - the fact that him and his wife still oppose stem cell research? Don't tell me Talldog that you don't believe in all that science hocus pocus.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    And, why is Bush being part of the National Guard being denigrated? .

B/c no one can prove he even showed up for duty!

The cartoonist for Doonesbury offered $5,000 for anyone who could prove that GW served. No one stepped forward saying they even remember serving with him, let alone come close to getting the money.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    I hear kerry claims he will act to prevent the outsourcing that's going on now in the us - great.
    but wait a minute, I've also read that much of heinz kerry's company has much of its business taking place overseas. does that strike ya as a bit suspicous?

hmm.... I sense a conflict of interest going on here.
    I have mmany friends who have returned from Iraq, wounded and not, who shudder at the thought of Kerry becoming president.
    and I know many people who are being called up for duty to go fight in a foriegn land for reasons that have nothing to do with Americans. reservists who have been inactive for 5 years, with families and jobs, who are being told they have to spend the next 545 days in Iraq. How would you feel if the mother of your 4 year old daughter, and 12 month old daughter, was being sent to the other side of the world to fight for people who don't even want us there?

nothing puts things into perspective than when they directly affect your life. Its not fair, its not right for us to send our men and women to die for no good reason. If it wasn't for Bush, this woman would not be going to Iraq.

Not to mention none of them ever said they had to go to ebay for body armor.
    if you don't know any military personel who spent out of their own pockets for better gear including bulletproof vests, rifle scopes, and boots, then it is pretty obvious u do not know / understand military life.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    I hear kerry claims he will act to prevent the outsourcing that's going on now in the us - great.
    but wait a minute, I've also read that much of heinz kerry's company has much of its business taking place overseas. does that strike ya as a bit suspicous?

talk about pulling things out of your *** - ok- let me help clear this one up for you -

It has already been made very clear from both the left wing and right wing media outlets that ketchup money is not being used to fund kerry's presidential bid. Matter of fact - Heinz themselves have acknowledged that Teresa has nothing to do with there day to day business. All she does is sit on the fortune her late husband left her.

I don't believe Heinz bottling their ketchup in India and sending it to the United States by the way.

I would say that there is about as much conflict of interest as the relationship between the Saudi Royal Family, the Bin Laden Royal Family, and the Bushes.

Oh wait - THERE IS A REAL CONNECTION THERE......
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

The Heinz company is a company that manufactures and distributes PERISHABLE food items. These jobs were not outsourced. In case you don't know this, Heinz products are sold all over the world. They didn't create jobs here, then outsource them to another country. As the company and its products grew, they opened factories all over the world.

Sara Lee, Pepsi and Coca Cola all have many products and they have plants all over the world too. That does not constitute outsourcing.

Outsourcing is when a company, like for example, PALM ONE, fires it's customer service agents in the USA and contracts with an outsourcing agency that hires workers in Bangalore to answer calls from US consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJOrient
    I would say that there is about as much conflict of interest as the relationship between the Saudi Royal Family, the Bin Laden Royal Family, and the Bushes.

Oh wait - THERE IS A REAL CONNECTION THERE......
    6/13/03: Bush administration gives India assurance on outsourcing
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...how?msid=21849

10/23/03: Republican administration supports outsourcing of jobs
    http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60940,00.html

02/10/04: Bush's top economist says outsourcing of U.S. service jobs to workers overseas is good for the nation's economy.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Feb9.html

03/30/04: Republicans keep pushing for more outsourcing of jobs.
    http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...cs/8313801.htm

I should also point out that Kerry's three years and eight months of service (August 1966 to March 1970) is longer than that of Army vets Al Gore and Michael Dukakis and fellow Navy Vietnam vet Bob Kerrey. It also is longer than the World War II service terms of George McGovern and JFK (by about a month).

Kerry is being criticized for emphasizing his military service. But he follows a well-worn path. John F. Kennedy rode his PT-109 service into Congress and into the Presidency, mailing out booklets describing it during the 1960 campaign. Theodore Roosevelt's charge up San Juan Hill took him into the governor's mansion in Albany and then to the vice presidency. Skipping those Civil War and Mexican War vets who ran and won, William Henry Harrison had his "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" motto, Andrew Jackson had the battle of New Orleans and, first of them all, George Washington, set the precedent.

Perhaps a little less Faux News on the menu would broaden your horizons.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    i will be very interested, as we all will be, to see what kerry will do when or if he wins presidency.

we will see.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Perhaps a little less Faux News on the menu would broaden your horizons.
    It's funny how you just assume I get all my news from Fox. But then you folks on the left side of our lovely state have somewaht of a record of bashing Fox because it doesnt project your point of view like much of the rest of the media.

Guess you must be campaigning for Patty too huh?

Just FYI, I watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC, CBS whatever else strikes my fancy. I dont get all my news from one source and pretty much all the biases are plainly evident to me. I make up my own mind, I dont just take what the media says is fact.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    ... How would you feel if the mother of your 4 year old daughter, and 12 month old daughter, was being sent to the other side of the world to fight for people who don't even want us there?

..... If it wasn't for Bush, this woman would not be going to Iraq....

if you don't know any military personel who spent out of their own pockets for better gear including bulletproof vests, rifle scopes, and boots, then it is pretty obvious u do not know / understand military life.
    1st part. women, especially mother should not be in combat in my opinion. I would not have been supportive of my wife staying in the military after becoming a mom for just that reason.
    2nd part. Because obviously no one else but Bush would have ever decided to invade Iraq. Maybe it's genetic with them. Who knows maybe Jeb will decide Florida should invade Irag too.
    3rd part. It's pretty obvious that you are smarter than everyone else here so I will of course defer to your superior intellect. Bah! Sorry to say you dont speak for all the military. I know you want to think you do but get over it. To a man my friends have said sure they may not like going but they joined the military to serve and if the Commander in Chief says go they go. They know that it isnt a matter of them liking it or not. It's their job. Do you suppose we should poll our military first before any deployment and get a concensus of whether or not its a good idea?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Instead of questioning Kerry, why don't we focus on Bush - the fact that him and his wife still oppose stem cell research? Don't tell me Talldog that you don't believe in all that science hocus pocus.
    So much for superior intelligence. " Him and his wife"??? What the hell kind of grammar is that?

For the record Bush and his wife do not oppse stem cell research. They support cautious research, because they realize that there are serious moral implications if we just rush headlong into it. No I dont remember the channel or the program where I heard Mrs Bush say that. I dont write notes when I watch the news.

Of course I can only assume from your comments that you are a strong supporter of stem cell research without limits. Would you care to impregnate your wife and then donate your unborn offspring for the sake of that research? If no, please tell me why not.
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast