Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 419
  1. #301  
    yes, john. absolutely right!
    let's see, what would you have said about our govt if a terrorist event did happen and not a peep of a warning was said about it?
    oh then it would be that bush failed yet again to put together a proper anti-terrorist organization. and it would be his fault again. how, folks, do you know we haven't already thwarted several major planned attacks recently? how do YOU know that?
    its whatever can possibly be said to make bush or the administration look like its doing the wrong thing.
    ¤
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    Of all of what you have said that I find disagreement with this line of thought bothers me the most. Believing our leaders would play with the safety of the citizens they are sworn to protect is as low as I think one can take their political thinking. Verbalizing it as has been done in this case endangers our safety. I sure hope that no administration ever makes a decision to raise or not raise the terror alert based on the fact that it was coming too close on the heels of a political convention. God help us if it comes to that.

    To be fair neither side of the aisie is clean on this one. The "wag the dog" accusations against President Clinton were just as low and dispicable when he attacked the facotry in Afgahnistan.

    I know I am just whistling in the wind here, but please, we really need to let our government work and do it's job without all this second guessing and monday morning quarterbacking.
    I have no way of knowing whether the latest elevation to Orange was done for political reasons- but I know how it made me (and others) FEEL, and it felt dubious. The reason it feels that way is because there is a lack of trust. Trust is earned, it is not something our leaders should expect just because. That goes for people in all the parties. That's also why those medical records for Bush and Kerry should be released.
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    To be fair neither side of the aisie is clean on this one. The "wag the dog" accusations against President Clinton were just as low and dispicable when he attacked the facotry in Afgahnistan.
    I dont like to be the one correcting you johnboy, but the factory was in Sudan


    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RA...DAN/sudan.html
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. #304  
    [QUOTE=clairegrrl]I dont like to be the one correcting you johnboy, but the factory was in Sudan


    Thanks. I should have taken the time to check before I posted, couldn't remember what kind of factory it was either. I just rember the ridiculous accusation that it was done just to move the attention away from the Monica stuff going on at the time. I was really embarrassed that the folks saying it were on my side of the aisle.
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    I should have taken the time to check before I posted, couldn't remember what kind of factory it was either.
    Hey, no problem johnbdh. As Bush might say: "We will fight terrorism in Sudan, Afghanistan, or any other African nation..."
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I have no way of knowing whether the latest elevation to Orange was done for political reasons- but I know how it made me (and others) FEEL, and it felt dubious. The reason it feels that way is because there is a lack of trust. Trust is earned, it is not something our leaders should expect just because. That goes for people in all the parties. That's also why those medical records for Bush and Kerry should be released.

    The reason you feel that way is because you want the current president out. Did you feel that way when Clinton bombed the aforementioned factory? I am going to bet not, becuase that was your party and you supported that president even if he was boinking an intern.

    And I think (not FEEL) your comment about trust is inaccurate. The very nature of our politcal system is based on trust. Trust that is given when a particular person is elected. They arent earning it in office. If we didnt trust an elected official to do what we expect why would we elect them? By the same token why would we replace them instead of just giving them more time to earn our trust?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    The reason you feel that way is because you want the current president out. Did you feel that way when Clinton bombed the aforementioned factory? I am going to bet not, becuase that was your party and you supported that president even if he was boinking an intern.

    And I think (not FEEL) your comment about trust is inaccurate. The very nature of our politcal system is based on trust. Trust that is given when a particular person is elected. They arent earning it in office. If we didnt trust an elected official to do what we expect why would we elect them? By the same token why would we replace them instead of just giving them more time to earn our trust?
    I felt Clinton's actions were suspect too. You also have no business speculating about my moral stand regarding Clinton's infidelity. I found the whole situation embarrassing and unfortunate. (And for the record, I don't recall that Clinton had intercourse with Ms. Lewinsky, hence your term 'boinking' is inaccurate. I believe it was oral sex in that case and I am surprised you don't know that.)

    Just because someone is elected doesn't mean they are given carte blanche and should be trusted unconditionally. That you would actually believe that is pretty frightening. Elected officials have a responsibility to the people they represent and building and maintaining trust is a ongoing process in that scenario. That is why our republic is structured with checks and balances, so that the trust of the people isn't abused.
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I felt Clinton's actions were suspect too. You also have no business speculating about my moral stand regarding Clinton's infidelity. I found the whole situation embarrassing and unfortunate. (And for the record, I don't recall that Clinton had intercourse with Ms. Lewinsky, hence your term 'boinking' is inaccurate. I believe it was oral sex in that case and I am surprised you don't know that.)

    Just because someone is elected doesn't mean they are given carte blanche and should be trusted unconditionally. That you would actually believe that is pretty frightening.

    Yawn....speculating is not restricted by the FAQ.

    I did know it was oral sex, as reported by the media. Whether Clinton had intercourse with Ms. Lewinsky will never likely be known. He lied about the whole thing from the beginning so why would you or anyone believe him when he says he didnt have intercourse? Cant prove it either way so you point is moot really.


    I would humbly request that you please quote me where I said we should trust our elected officials unconditionally or that I said I believe that is the way we should do things.

    What is really frightening is how much extra stuff you read into my posts.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9. #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I felt Clinton's actions were suspect too. .....
    If so did you take the strong anti-Clinton position and demand his ouster from office, like you are doing with Bush? Simple yes or no will suffice.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #310  
    [QUOTE=johnbdh]
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I dont like to be the one correcting you johnboy, but the factory was in Sudan


    Thanks. I should have taken the time to check before I posted, couldn't remember what kind of factory it was either. I just rember the ridiculous accusation that it was done just to move the attention away from the Monica stuff going on at the time. I was really embarrassed that the folks saying it were on my side of the aisle.

    That's OK...the movie wasn't that good either
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Yawn....speculating is not restricted by the FAQ.

    I did know it was oral sex, as reported by the media. Whether Clinton had intercourse with Ms. Lewinsky will never likely be known. He lied about the whole thing from the beginning so why would you or anyone believe him when he says he didnt have intercourse? Cant prove it either way so you point is moot really.


    I would humbly request that you please quote me where I said we should trust our elected officials unconditionally or that I said I believe that is the way we should do things.

    What is really frightening is how much extra stuff you read into my posts.
    Ms Lewinsky herself has maintained/stated in her book as well as numerous interviews that there was no intercourse between her and Clinton.

    As for your feelings on trust, re-read your own post.
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    If so did you take the strong anti-Clinton position and demand his ouster from office, like you are doing with Bush? Simple yes or no will suffice.
    I did not support Clinton's impeachment. If Clinton had run for re-election however, I would have thought long and hard about voting for him again. I am also not demanding that Bush be "ousted" from office. I challenge you to find any of my posts where I make that statement. Sorry, but that dog just don't hunt.

    It is up to the voters to decide if Bush is re-elected.
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Ms Lewinsky herself has maintained/stated in her book as well as numerous interviews that there was no intercourse between her and Clinton.

    As for your feelings on trust, re-read your own post.
    Ah yes the paragon of truth. We know for certain that she never lies.

    on trust. Why can you just point it out to me? Because it isnt there thats why.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    on trust. Why can you just point it out to me? Because it isnt there thats why.
    It's not that, woof. I guess you don't understand. Its just that at times, swatting flies is entirely too easy.
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I did not support Clinton's impeachment. If Clinton had run for re-election however, I would have thought long and hard about voting for him again. I am also not demanding that Bush be "ousted" from office. I challenge you to find any of my posts where I make that statement. Sorry, but that dog just don't hunt.

    It is up to the voters to decide if Bush is re-elected.
    OK MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!! The above statement really brings into question the credibility of the poster here. If Clinton had run for re-election? He did run again when he had the chance and obviously counldnt run again after two terms. Did you miss it or are you less than up to speed on the presidential election and term limit situation?

    If you are voting for Kerry then you are in effect demanding Bush be removed from office. If not why then vote against him?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    It's not that, woof. I guess you don't understand. Its just that at times, swatting flies is entirely too easy.
    You know the old " if you dont know and cant figure it out yourself, I am not going to tell you" crap is tiresome.

    There is nothing in my post that says unconditional trust or even implies it and you know it. You just cant admit it.

    Your smug superior attitude is quite refreshing tho.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    OK MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!! The above statement really brings into question the credibility of the poster here. If Clinton had run for re-election? He did run again when he had the chance and obviously counldnt run again after two terms. Did you miss it or are you less than up to speed on the presidential election and term limit situation?

    If you are voting for Kerry then you are in effect demanding Bush be removed from office. If not why then vote against him?
    Of course you know that Clinton couldn't run for re-election after the Monica scandal. He was already into his second term. I did get straight A's in Poly Sci in college, so I know how this stuff works.

    Elections are not coups Woof (or at least they didn't used to be). It's not about people being OUSTED from office.

    Definition of ousted:

    oust ( P ) Pronunciation Key (oust)
    tr.v. oust·ed, oust·ing, ousts
    To eject from a position or place; force out: “the American Revolution, which ousted the English” (Virginia S. Eifert).
    To take the place of, especially by force; supplant.
    See Synonyms at eject.


    :flyswatter:
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Of course you know that Clinton couldn't run for re-election after the Monica scandal. He was already into his second term. I did get straight A's in Poly Sci in college, so I know how this stuff works.

    Elections are not coups Woof (or at least they didn't used to be). It's not about people being OUSTED from office.

    Definition of ousted:

    oust ( P ) Pronunciation Key (oust)
    tr.v. oust·ed, oust·ing, ousts
    To eject from a position or place; force out: “the American Revolution, which ousted the English” (Virginia S. Eifert).
    To take the place of, especially by force; supplant.
    See Synonyms at eject.


    :flyswatter:
    LOL, You are the one who said if he had run for re-election not me. Try turning it into my mistake. Nice try, but no cigar.

    Youre so cute with the flyswatter.

    Didnt you say you worked for the VA?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    OK MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!! The above statement really brings into question the credibility of the poster here. If Clinton had run for re-election? He did run again when he had the chance and obviously counldnt run again after two terms. Did you miss it or are you less than up to speed on the presidential election and term limit situation?

    If you are voting for Kerry then you are in effect demanding Bush be removed from office. If not why then vote against him?
    Sarcasm Warning - sarcasm even based on misunderstanding.

    She said "oust", which basically means "impeach". She does not want to oust Bush, which is not the same as "not re-elect". It was also clear that she meant IF Clinton would have ran for another term after Lewinsky (which he didn't because he couldn't for reasons obvious to anybody. You did not seriously think Eurokitty didn't know? Next time you question someone's credibility, make sure it doesn't backfire.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I did not support Clinton's impeachment. If Clinton had run for re-election however, I would have thought long and hard about voting for him again. I am also not demanding that Bush be "ousted" from office. I challenge you to find any of my posts where I make that statement. Sorry, but that dog just don't hunt.

    It is up to the voters to decide if Bush is re-elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    Of course you know that Clinton couldn't run for re-election after the Monica scandal. He was already into his second term. I did get straight A's in Poly Sci in college, so I know how this stuff works.

    ....
    Clearly not the best college in the land if an A in Political Science leads you to make statements like If Clinton had run for re-election when clearly he didnt have the option to do so. Hope you didnt get there on grants. Shudder to think my tax dollars contributed to that lesson.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions