Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I've heard and seen in writing an awful lot of people saying they hate Bush. Many times in the Off Topic area. Why say hate if you actually mean lack of faith and distrust?
    I bet you have never seen anybody on TC say he or she hates Bush - only others accusing them of hating him, which is not the same thing at all. Feel free to show me a quote, though, I like being surprised... (How about thread title and post number?)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    More evidence we are alone in Iraq.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...top_world_news
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I bet you have never seen anybody on TC say he or she hates Bush - only others accusing them of hating him, which is not the same thing at all. Feel free to show me a quote, though, I like being surprised... (How about thread title and post number?)
    That will require some time, but I'll look
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=32
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    This is flawed logic. Read the 9/11 reports. As far as I'm concerned, the 9/11 attack could have been prevented altogether...
    Hindsight sure is 20/20. My read of the commission report is that yes we missed warnings and major failings at the law enforcement levets, but no where does it imply that 9/11 could have been prevented. In fact I think it makes an effort to say the opposite. For example, the Commission concluded that it did not think it possible "to defeat all terrorists attacks against Americans," and advised that the "president should tell the American people" that he cannot "promise that a catastrophic attack like that of 9/11 will not happen again." The Commission found that history showed even the most vigilant cannot "prevent determined, suicidal attackers from reaching a target."

Bush and Co. made a decision to ignore repeated warnings about terrorist activity in this country.
    Excuse me? did I miss one of "Bush and Co."'s decisions? In fact the Bush administration shortly after taking office initiated a study of how to best meet the Al Queda threat. That plan had been scheduled to be put onthe table only days after 9/11. You could say they were a day late and a dollar short, but if you do, that moniker has to be shared by every administration since Jimmy Carter.

...while they whittle away at people's civil rights and use fear and paranoia to control us. How about that upgraded terror alert right after the Democratic convention? (Based on FOUR YEAR OLD intelligence, I might add..) Even my 90 year old neighbor saw through that.
    I am sorry Eurokitty, but this kind of ad hominem attack against honorable people who are doing the best job they can to protect you and me just makes my blood boil. In your mind has every member of the Bush administration grown devil horns?

Much of the dated intellegence was recently discovered, supported by increased chatter, and additional intelligence which all together raised the credibility of the dated material. We have to let the folks we have intrusted to protect us do their job without the fear of being blindsided at every turn. This particular criticism led directly to the loss of an intelligence source by forcing our intelligence folks to defend themselves.

But I digress, you have brought me full circle. What do you suppose the uproar would have been if the Bush administration had acted as you claim they should or could have to prevent 9/11....

Actual headlines on 8/3/2004...

what if we had thwarted the 9/11 attacks would this have been the headlines on 9/13/2001...

Same one I found clulup. What is it we were betting?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    I had a feeling "hate bush" would be searched for a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    Excuse me? did I miss one of "Bush and Co."'s decisions? In fact the Bush administration shortly after taking office initiated a study of how to best meet the Al Queda threat. That plan had been scheduled to be put onthe table only days after 9/11. You could say they were a day late and a dollar short, but if you do, that moniker has to be shared by every administration since Jimmy Carter.

I am sorry Eurokitty, but this kind of ad hominem attack against honorable people who are doing the best job they can to protect you and me just makes my blood boil. In your mind has every member of the Bush administration grown devil horns?

But I digress, you have brought me full circle. What do you suppose the uproar would have been if the Bush administration had acted as you claim they should or could have to prevent 9/11....
    Hi John,

Unfortunately the Administration as whole has been tainted by bad leadership IMO. That's just the way things go- even if some of the people mean well.

Speaking of honorable people people doing the best job they can to protect you and me, do you know anyone who is a border patrol officer? I know three of them:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2210049

Survey: Low morale among border patrol officers

WASHINGTON A lot of the people who protect the nation's borders don't appear happy with the jobs -- according to a new survey by one of their labor unions.

The survey covers a range of homeland security questions, as well as job concerns.

T-J Bonner, the president of the officers' union called The National Border Patrol Council, says 60 percent of the respondents said morale is low. Forty-five percent say they have thought seriously about quitting in the last two years. And 63 percent say the Department of Homeland Security could be doing more to protect the borders and keep would-be terrrorists out.

The survey is being released as D-H-S revamps its personnel regulations and its pay system.

The department instituted a hiring freeze in March.

Our borders are not being protected and everyone knows it.

Back to 9/11: It is a fact that the FBI was aware of at least two of the hijackers that were training in a flight school. An infamous memo was even written about it:

http://wid.ap.org/documents/911/911Report_Ch8.pdf (see page 19)

Also, the matter of one Zacharias Moussoui comes into play:

http://wid.ap.org/documents/911/911Report_Ch8.pdf (see page 20)

I feel if those leads had been followed up on, things may have been very different that day in September. It makes me sad to think that so many people are just resigned to accept that no matter what, this event was going to happen anyway. I don't accept that at all. The real problem I see is that no one feels any safer-- and how could we expect them to? We have a President who looks unsure of himself in public and has been on vacation (literally) for half his term.

I sincerely apologize if my thoughts came across to you as ad hominem attacks against individual people. By the way, have you had a chance to read the rest of my posts in this thread?
    .... We have a President who looks unsure of himself in public and has been on vacation (literally) for half his term.

Link please. Never heard of working from home? Do you seriously think the President ever really takes time off?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Link please. Never heard of working from home? Do you seriously think the President ever really takes time off?
    Have you not witnessed the misprounounced words and seemingly confused statements and facial expressions?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1166536.stm

Do you have blacks, too?" -George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Nov. 8, 2001, as reported in an April 28, 2002, Estado Sao Pauloan column by Fernando Pedreira, a close friend of President Cardoso

"I'd rather have them sacrificing on behalf of our nation than, you know, endless hours of testimony on congressional hill." -George W. Bush, Fort Meade, Maryland, June 4, 2002

"We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator." -George W. Bush, to community and religious leaders in Moscow, May 24, 2002

"We're working with Chancellor Schröder on what's called 10-plus-10-over-10: $10 billion from the U.S.,$10 billion from other members of the G7 over a 10-year period, to help Russia securitize the dismantling - the dismantled nuclear warheads." -George W. Bush, Berlin, Germany, May 23, 2002

"After all, a week ago, there were - Yasser Arafat was boarded up in his building in Ramallah, a building full of, evidently, German peace protestors and all kinds of people. They're now out. He's now free to show leadership, to lead the world." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2002

"The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society." -George W. Bush, May 1, 2002

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." -George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002

"And so, in my State of the - my State of the Union - or state - my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation - I asked Americans to give 4,000 years - 4,000 hours over the next - the rest of your life - of service to America. That's what I asked - 4,000 hours." -George W. Bush, Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'" -George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002

"We've tripled the amount of money - I believe it's from $50 million up to $195 million available." -George W. Bush, Lima, Peru, March 23, 2002

"We've got pockets of persistent poverty in our society, which I refuse to declare defeat - I mean, I refuse to allow them to continue on. And so one of the things that we're trying to do is to encourage a faith-based initiative to spread its wings all across America, to be able to capture this great compassionate spirit." -George W. Bush, O'Fallon, Mo., Mar. 18, 2002

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than that right." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific." -George W. Bush, who apparently forgot about a little something called World War II, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

"He [Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi] said I want to make it very clear to you exactly what I intend to do and he talked about non-performing loans, the devaluation issue and regulatory reform and he placed equal emphasis on all three." -George W. Bush, who had meant to say "the deflation issue" rather than "the devaluation issue," and accidentally sent the Japanese Yen tumbling, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." -George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"We are fully committed to working with both sides to bring the level of terror down to an acceptable level for both." -George W. Bush, after a meeting with congressional leaders, Washington, D.C., Oct. 2, 2001

"The folks who conducted to act on our country on September 11th made a big mistake. They underestimated America. They underestimated our resolve, our determination, our love for freedom. They misunderestimated the fact that we love a neighbor in need. They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the Commander-in-Chief, too." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2001

"The suicide bombings have increased. There's too many of them." -George W. Bush, Albuquerque, N.M., Aug. 15, 2001

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a - a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." -George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"There's a lot of people in the Middle East who are desirous to get into the Mitchell process. And - but first things first. The - these terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework - the groundwork - not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the-all right." -George W. Bush, referring to former Sen. George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001

"My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the - in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen." -George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Aug, 13, 2001

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." -George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

"You saw the president yesterday. I thought he was very forward-leaning, as they say in diplomatic nuanced circles." -George W. Bush, referring to his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, July 23, 2001

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -George W. Bush, in Rome, July 22, 2001

"It is white." -George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

"Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I - it's - I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values." -George W. Bush, visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001

"I want to thank you for coming to the White House to give me an opportunity to urge you to work with these five senators and three congressmen, to work hard to get this trade promotion authority moving. The power that be, well most of the power that be, sits right here."-George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 18, 2001

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." -George W. Bush, at a news conference in Europe, June 14, 2001

"I haven't had a chance to talk, but I'm confident we'll get a bill that I can live with if we don't." -George W. Bush, referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights, June 13, 2001

"Can't living with the bill means it won't become law." -George W. Bush, referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights, June 13, 2001

As for working from home, yes, I do it all the time. But I WORK. I don't ride my mountain bike into ditches while pretending I'm working.
    Have you not witnessed the misprounounced words and seemingly confused statements and facial expressions?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1166536.stm

Do you have blacks, too?" -George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Nov. 8, 2001, as reported in an April 28, 2002, Estado Sao Pauloan column by Fernando Pedreira, a close friend of President Cardoso

"I'd rather have them sacrificing on behalf of our nation than, you know, endless hours of testimony on congressional hill." -George W. Bush, Fort Meade, Maryland, June 4, 2002

"We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator." -George W. Bush, to community and religious leaders in Moscow, May 24, 2002

"We're working with Chancellor Schröder on what's called 10-plus-10-over-10: $10 billion from the U.S.,$10 billion from other members of the G7 over a 10-year period, to help Russia securitize the dismantling - the dismantled nuclear warheads." -George W. Bush, Berlin, Germany, May 23, 2002

"After all, a week ago, there were - Yasser Arafat was boarded up in his building in Ramallah, a building full of, evidently, German peace protestors and all kinds of people. They're now out. He's now free to show leadership, to lead the world." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2002

"The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society." -George W. Bush, May 1, 2002

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." -George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002

"And so, in my State of the - my State of the Union - or state - my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation - I asked Americans to give 4,000 years - 4,000 hours over the next - the rest of your life - of service to America. That's what I asked - 4,000 hours." -George W. Bush, Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'" -George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002

"We've tripled the amount of money - I believe it's from $50 million up to $195 million available." -George W. Bush, Lima, Peru, March 23, 2002

"We've got pockets of persistent poverty in our society, which I refuse to declare defeat - I mean, I refuse to allow them to continue on. And so one of the things that we're trying to do is to encourage a faith-based initiative to spread its wings all across America, to be able to capture this great compassionate spirit." -George W. Bush, O'Fallon, Mo., Mar. 18, 2002

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than that right." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific." -George W. Bush, who apparently forgot about a little something called World War II, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

"He [Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi] said I want to make it very clear to you exactly what I intend to do and he talked about non-performing loans, the devaluation issue and regulatory reform and he placed equal emphasis on all three." -George W. Bush, who had meant to say "the deflation issue" rather than "the devaluation issue," and accidentally sent the Japanese Yen tumbling, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." -George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"We are fully committed to working with both sides to bring the level of terror down to an acceptable level for both." -George W. Bush, after a meeting with congressional leaders, Washington, D.C., Oct. 2, 2001

"The folks who conducted to act on our country on September 11th made a big mistake. They underestimated America. They underestimated our resolve, our determination, our love for freedom. They misunderestimated the fact that we love a neighbor in need. They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the Commander-in-Chief, too." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2001

"The suicide bombings have increased. There's too many of them." -George W. Bush, Albuquerque, N.M., Aug. 15, 2001

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a - a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." -George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"There's a lot of people in the Middle East who are desirous to get into the Mitchell process. And - but first things first. The - these terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework - the groundwork - not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the-all right." -George W. Bush, referring to former Sen. George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001

"My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the - in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen." -George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Aug, 13, 2001

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." -George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

"You saw the president yesterday. I thought he was very forward-leaning, as they say in diplomatic nuanced circles." -George W. Bush, referring to his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, July 23, 2001

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -George W. Bush, in Rome, July 22, 2001

"It is white." -George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

"Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I - it's - I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values." -George W. Bush, visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001

"I want to thank you for coming to the White House to give me an opportunity to urge you to work with these five senators and three congressmen, to work hard to get this trade promotion authority moving. The power that be, well most of the power that be, sits right here."-George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 18, 2001

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." -George W. Bush, at a news conference in Europe, June 14, 2001

"I haven't had a chance to talk, but I'm confident we'll get a bill that I can live with if we don't." -George W. Bush, referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights, June 13, 2001

"Can't living with the bill means it won't become law." -George W. Bush, referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights, June 13, 2001

As for working from home, yes, I do it all the time. But I WORK. I don't ride my mountain bike into ditches while pretending I'm working.

Well there aint a link in there that I could find edit: Whoops gopt so caught up in all the quotes I missed seeing the link.

Lots of nice examples of the presidents verbal missteps. Thanks. Doesnt make him a bad president, just shows he may not be the best at articulating. Not everyone in a position of power has the perfect language skills. Shall I assume you never make a mistake?

It's nice you work from home, so do I. With all due respect (see clulup I am trying), your statement "but I WORK" just shows again how you assume so much. Do you eat while youre at home? Do you pee? Do you answer inane posts on your phone forum? I think you may do all those. Cant say for sure like you seem to but I'll venture a guess that you do. So what's the difference?

You have no idea what President Bush does in the way of work or fun at home at his ranch, because YOU ARENT THERE!!!! Please stop acting like you have his schedule at hand.
    Why do you insist on making statements as though there are facts to back them up. You no more know what Bush is doing at home than what me or clulup or anyone else is doing. Of course maybe I was right about the clairvoyant thing, but I dont think so.

You make some great points kitty but those types of know it all statements really weaken you argument.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    peterbrown,
    in reference to my shooting myself in the foot, I recognize that many countries supported us until the time we went into iraq. that's not the point.
    iraq was and is a controversial topic - for many reasons - I am by no means trying to tell you its not here.
    but I wonder how another country would have handled this? listen, iraq's fall was due to the stupidity of saddam hussein. the guy never, ever cooperated. snubbed all resolutions, disrespected all agreements. he chose to allow inspectors only limited access to areas of interest - restricting others from view.
    now what, peter, did you think was going to happen as a result of that? leniency? consideration? patience? lol. PLEASE.
    We didn't find wmds in iraq. given. but if saddam hadn't behaved like the arrogant fool he was, we would have had no reason to suspect anything, and we probably wouldn't have invaded.
    iraq was suddam's to lose. and he chose poorly in an environment where a superpower was just freshly attacked and in search of the sources of the terrorists.
    behave like a thug, and you give others reason you operate among thugs - namely al qaeda. there you go.
    Unfortunately the Administration as whole has been tainted by bad leadership IMO. That's just the way things go- even if some of the people mean well.
    As you say that is your opinion and we will have to agree to disagree as I believe the opposite is true.

I feel if those leads had been followed up on, things may have been very different that day in September. It makes me sad to think that so many people are just resigned to accept that no matter what, this event was going to happen anyway. I don't accept that at all.
    We are not being resigned to accept anything no matter what. That is exactly what the 9/11 commission was all about, only with a lessons learned approach looking forward. What good does playing your blame game do especially when it is obvious to most observers that there was absolutely nothing anyone could have done without a 9/11 to prevent a 9/11 that would have been acceptable to the people of the United State and the rest of the world. (you might need to read that one again)

We have a President who looks unsure of himself in public...
    I may agree with you that at times he may appear unsure of himself. That's GW, but his actions certainly speak volumens for his true self which in my opinion could not be more steadfast in his resolve and leadership. Again I am sure we must agree to disagree here.

...and has been on vacation (literally) for half his term.
    Come on now that is a cheap shot... Everytime GW goes to texas you must mark it on your calendar as going on vacation. The President of the United States no matter who he is, NEVER goes on vacation. Does it really matter to you that he is always physically present in the White House?

I sincerely apologize if my thoughts came across to you as ad hominem attacks against individual people.
    Accepted, but what else are you doing if you accuse the administration of raising the terror alert just to help his campaign for reelection. The administration is made up of people and only people make those decisions. You are saying that not only our leaders but their entire staffs are dishonest deceitful people bent on getting their man reelected no matter what.

By the way, have you had a chance to read the rest of my posts in this thread?
    Yes and I appologize for earlier relying wholy on your name to make assumptions of who you were.
    Lots of nice examples of the presidents verbal missteps. Thanks. Doesnt make him a bad president, just shows he may not be the best at articulating. Not everyone in a position of power has the perfect language skills. Shall I assume you never make a mistake?

You have no idea what President Bush does in the way of work or fun at home at his ranch, because YOU ARENT THERE!!!! Please stop acting like you have his schedule at hand.
    IMHO, the job of the President of the United States requires confidence, intelligence and the ability to think quickly and articulately. He should also be in control. Watching Bush, IMO, I feel none of those things. He seems like a deer in the headlights at times and there have been other times when he's seemed downright angry and unable to control himself. That makes me very nervous.

As for what Bush does, it works both ways. You don't know if he's indeed WORKING either, because you aren't there. I don't ever recall during my adult years any past President, including Bush I, who spent so much time on vacation. If it's not a vacation and he's really doing all that work, then Bush's handlers shouldn't call it such, and shouldn't provide photo ops for him while he's fishing, biking or riding around on his ranch.
    We are not being resigned to accept anything no matter what. That is exactly what the 9/11 commission was all about, only with a lessons learned approach looking forward. What good does playing your blame game do especially when it is obvious to most observers that there was absolutely nothing anyone could have done without a 9/11 to prevent a 9/11 that would have been acceptable to the people of the United State and the rest of the world. (you might need to read that one again)
    I stand by my arguments which are backed by the 9/11 report links I posted.

I may agree with you that at times he may appear unsure of himself. That's GW, but his actions certainly speak volumens for his true self which in my opinion could not be more steadfast in his resolve and leadership. Again I am sure we must agree to disagree here.

Come on now that is a cheap shot... Everytime GW goes to texas you must mark it on your calendar as going on vacation. The President of the United States no matter who he is, NEVER goes on vacation. Does it really matter to you that he is always physically present in the White House?
    See my comments in the post to woof.

Accepted, but what else are you doing if you accuse the administration of raising the terror alert just to help his campaign for reelection. The administration is made up of people and only people make those decisions. You are saying that not only our leaders but their entire staffs are dishonest deceitful people bent on getting their man reelected no matter what.

The timing of the last terror alert elevation was dubious IMO, coming on the heels of the Dem Convention.
    Sorry Woof, you loose. I wrote
    I bet you have never seen anybody on TC say he or she hates Bush...
    The post quoted by KRamsauer is from September 2001, you joined TC in November 2003. You are not expecting us to believe you had seen that post before?

Just to remind you, your claim was:
    I've heard and seen in writing an awful lot of people saying they hate Bush. Many times in the Off Topic area. Why say hate if you actually mean lack of faith and distrust?
    Sorry pal, (almost) total defeat, I would say 99.99999999999 defeat. One post in 291,717 is not a lot, certainly not "many times".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    mods, I think that was a personal attack!
    — Ed Howdershelt
    lol
    The timing of the last terror alert elevation was dubious IMO, coming on the heels of the Dem Convention.
    Of all of what you have said that I find disagreement with this line of thought bothers me the most. Believing our leaders would play with the safety of the citizens they are sworn to protect is as low as I think one can take their political thinking. Verbalizing it as has been done in this case endangers our safety. I sure hope that no administration ever makes a decision to raise or not raise the terror alert based on the fact that it was coming too close on the heels of a political convention. God help us if it comes to that.

To be fair neither side of the aisie is clean on this one. The "wag the dog" accusations against President Clinton were just as low and dispicable when he attacked the facotry in Afgahnistan.

I know I am just whistling in the wind here, but please, we really need to let our government work and do it's job without all this second guessing and monday morning quarterbacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    No comment
    Why not?