Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    big match tomorrow at todders...the dandies against localish rivals Dundee...unbelievably we haven't beaten them at home for 11 years which says a lot about how poor we have been in seasons past. It's going to be my son's first visit to the spiritual home of NE Scottish football and I confidently expect a resounding victory for the reds...wish me luck.
    getting your son to support a feeble team is a noble quest. It's important that kids learn about loyalty in spite of lack of success! Good luck.
    Animo et Fide
    And as the Red Sox begin play in yet another October, I can confirm that such blind loyalty lives on this side of the pond as well. :-)
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    getting your son to support a feeble team is a noble quest. It's important that kids learn about loyalty in spite of lack of success! Good luck.
    as Smashey used to say "wise words mate".....little Edwin is looking forward to seeing in the flesh for the first time the goliath that is Russell Anderson... AFC captain
    Thus the large number of Bushies on this website?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Thus the large number of Bushies on this website?
    I wouldn't know about that AcDo, have you ever tried to get your daughters to support a hopeless cause? other than yourself I mean
    Animo et Fide
    I wouldn't know about that AcDo, have you ever tried to get your daughters to support a hopeless cause? other than yourself I mean
    I am not hopeless....just helpless
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Have fun with your son, murrayalex. A very noble cause indeed
    Good luck murrayalex.....I can see the two of them now.............................

murrayalex, "Right Son, here we are then! Have a seat here in the stands and hold the brully. That was a good ride in I think. You were doing a great job driving the car sitting on my lap...we just need to make smaller corrections, except for that one time when the truck was coming and then we needed to make Bigger corrections....sorry again about the wet spot in Daddy's lap you had to sit in the rest of the way after the truck incident, but partially your fault wot?"

Son, "That's okay Daddy, my warm wet pants are keeping me warm on this cold cold seat. Daddy, is it true that in places other then Scotland the sun shines for more then two minutes every six weeks? Because I like it when the sun shines."

murrayalex, "Well Son, it is true, and I tell you that with a heavy heart, because you see we Scots are born to suffer. We suffer the weather and, we suffer the game your about to see. You see Son, our team sucks, their horrible, rotten, smelly bad. They are losers, whiners, sad sacks, cheaters, lay abouts and scum. They cheat, lie, and fake injuries. They are though, OUR TEAM! So we love 'em! We cheer for them! We fight other men over them! In short, in spite of their failures we are behind them 100%!"

Son, "uh, Dad, isn't that kind of stupid? I mean if we know they suck why do we support them?"

murrayalex, "We support them for one reason...it gives us the excuse to do this....sit here amongst the other men and bond with like-minded guys....no women, just us Men! Now, drink your beer and watch the game."
    Go Giants.....but we need to take all three from our arch rivals - the Dodgers
  10.    #50  
    I shall ignore the delusional rantings of AC in a previous post...I think there may be something he wishes to get off his chest !! Anyway, there we are at 3pm esconed in our seats in the main stand, full of anticipation and hope...30 seconds later we are 1-0 down. Then we hit the post, hit the bar and scramble a scrappy goal just before half time to give us all true reds renewed belief for a glorious 2nd half. Two minutes into the 2nd half my son wants to leave...not yet son I say in that firm and manly tone...So we have all the pressure in the 2nd half, they have a player sent off and we miss 2 sitters near the end. Then, with about 5 minutes to go we get awarded a penalty...YES !!! but in fact no as the referee consults the blind linesman and changes his mind. A 1-1 draw, an absolute travesty of justice. And the best bit is, young Edwin has promised to come back to another gane...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!
    Well done Murray! I accidently insulted a Scot yesterday. His name is Gordon Murray, I said "Goodbye Murray". This was apparently Wrong. I tried to excuse myself by saying it was his fault for having two first names, he then completely confused me by informing me that in fact all you Scots traditionally have two surnames! Between you and the Welsh having both names as first names, the English are obviously the only people who know how this is meant to work.
    Animo et Fide
    Well done Murray! I accidently insulted a Scot yesterday. His name is Gordon Murray, I said "Goodbye Murray". This was apparently Wrong. I tried to excuse myself by saying it was his fault for having two first names, he then completely confused me by informing me that in fact all you Scots traditionally have two surnames! Between you and the Welsh having both names as first names, the English are obviously the only people who know how this is meant to work.

I met a Brit once whose name was Richard Head. I used the short version of his given name in an attempt to create commraderie. It didn't.

Okay, I made that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    I shall ignore the delusional rantings of AC in a previous post...I think there may be something he wishes to get off his chest !! !!
    That's It!! I went to all that effort and that's all I get from you murrayalex!!

grrrrrr

14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    That's It!! I went to all that effort and that's all I get from you murrayalex!!

grrrrrr

sorry mate...I appreciated your..eh..ahem..input..it was ahem..ehm..wonderful, sort of, in a mad sort of way Just got our tickets for the Inverness game in 2 weeks...come on the reds !!
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    sorry mate...I appreciated your..eh..ahem..input..it was ahem..ehm..wonderful, sort of, in a mad sort of way
    Mad!?? Me? !! MAD!? I am as sane as the "next guy"....hang on I will prove it! I am sitting here in this coffee shop and I will ask this guy over there! He looks like a "next guy". "Hey Buddy! Are you Mad? No, You!! The one with the stupid tie on!! Yeah you!! Are you Mad?!! No? All right then, Thanks. Naw Sit down ya big dummy, jeez with that **** it's amazing you can even stand up! I am done talking to you! And that tie, jeeez where did you buy it? Goodwill? Jeez...."

So, see murrayalex, I am as sane as the next guy....I just asked him and he says he's not mad....wait a minute, he's coming over, and you know what, he does look mad!!!....I gotta go....

BTW, your not trying to stay on topic in the Off Topic forum are you?
    Chick, you're double posting! As if I wasn't easily confused enough...
    Animo et Fide
  18.    #58  
    Manchester United ?? What sort of language is that for a lady to use ??!! Tickets for AFC games are 20 for me and 8 for the little guy...worth every penny...sort of. Fancy coming ?? I'll buy you a nice greasy pie and bovril at half time..
    20! I thought SCFC was bad at 16.
    Animo et Fide
  20.    #60  
    aye young Peter, remember the ..ahem..superior quality of football on display at Todders compared to the murky English 2nd division..or is it 1st now ?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast