Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I don't really know. I was in Birmingham at the time
    Still, we always start the season poorly, so don't panic yet.
    they must have lost then ? We've played 3, unbeaten and scored a mighty 1 goal in those three games, conceded none and have 5 points in the bag...our best start for years..plus we took 4 000 fans to Dunfermline..come on lads..time to jump on the AFC unstoppable bandwagon
    I know they lost, I assumed you knew too?
    Is there anyway that Celtic or Rangers aren't going to win the Scottish title?
    Animo et Fide
  3.    #23  
    I didn't know...the only way is if the refs start giving everyone else a fair crack of the whip decisions wise, or Aberdeen get a 4 goal start in every match or they leave to join some other league which would be marvellous
    Hull City 0-0 Stockport, we got a point! Wayhey!
    Animo et Fide
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm an American who somehow got hooked on Newcastle United. It's started with the beer, and then got worse.

Sometimes I think the only reason they continue to produce Newcastle Brown Ale is to help drown your sorrows over the latest mishandling by the club.

Kieron Dyer... gahh.... Sir Bobby... ommffh... GRAEME SOUNESS... I will now light myself on fire.

At least there's Alan Shearer.... :-) Althought lately, Souness has done a few right things. 4 in a row. Wohoo!

Al least when things go bad, I can always turn to American football and my beloved Miami Dolphins.... er... um... never mind... ::runs to get another beer::
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  6.    #26  
    disappointment for the mighty dandies on Saturday, our first league defeat of the season to Hibs. Next Saturday is crucial, at home to Dundee and I'm driving up from Edinburgh with my son Edwin. This will be his first "home" game and chance to visit the mecca of footballing prowess otherwise known as Pittodrie. If we win and it's a good game hopefully he'll want to come back...I'm desperate to get him supporting Aberdeen and not one of the Old Firm.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Hey Guys: Thanks for the reports. I am also hooked on the English league
    you don't want to be wasting your time on those overpaid prima donnas in the Premiership. You want to be admiring the gutsy, silky free flowing skills of the SPL where the players play for the love of the game....ahem. Come and join me in supporting the mighty reds CD...we need all the help we can get
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Sounds fair! Do they have a web site?

http://www.afc.co.uk
    join the red revolution comrade !!
    You haven't actually done that much research have you Chick?
    The Scottish Premier League is different than the Premiership chiefly in that it's Scottish and the Premiership is English. There isn't a British League (as I think I've tried to explain before :roll.
    There are limited varieties of colours used in any of the British Leagues, the most popular are red and blue, for that reason there are many clubs who are 'the reds' and as many 'blues'. There are also the Claret and Blues (or scum as we call them) and a few others. Stockport are traditionally white and blue, although recently our kits have been just blue
    The exact shade can be very important too, we're Royal Blue and Man City are Laser Blue. Clear?
    Animo et Fide
    Ah, well the SPL is never called the Premiership, that name is reserved for the top English league. There's not nearly so much money in the SPL as there is in the Premiership, this is because it's not one of the 'big four' leagues of Europe. Most people reckon that there are only two clubs from the SPL (the Old Firm as Murray calls them) who could compete in the Premiership. Opinion is divided as to whether they'd do well or not.
    As for chat apps, I'm loving Causerie but I couldn't get Verichat to work so I can't compare them.
    Animo et Fide
  11.    #31  
    At the moment, Celtic would do well, Rangers would flop very badly which would be a delight to witness. The standard of football in the English Premiership is superior to the Scottish SPL league as it has far better players, lots more money, bigger fanbases etc etc etc.
    PB - I take it you are referring to Burnley as the claret and blues ??
    Certainly am Murray, there's little love lost between Stockport and Burnley. Mind you, there's little love lost between most other teams and Burnley. They must have one of the most active hooligan elements still active in football (or "casuals" as they now call themselves).
    Animo et Fide
  13.    #33  
    football hooliganism is sooooooo 1970's....fortunately, there is very little aggro at Scottish games these days, it all stopped when they banned alcohol at grounds in the late 1970's. I remember Ralph Coates from his Burnley days, did he not have a prototype combover in those days which I'm sure inspired others such as Sir Bobby.
    No Gunners fans here? GO ARSENAL! We're off to a good start!
    spain, italy, england and germany. the "world's most expensive player" is always found in one of those leagues. I don't know how much difference there is between them in terms of player salaries.
    Animo et Fide
    Remember that my club isn't in the top division so my trivia knowledge of that division isn't that great. Player earnings aren't published here, newspapers make educated guesses but they don't really know. The clubs release details of the total wage bill but not individual players', especially if they've floated on the stock exchange.
    I think there's a couple of Danish players around, can't think of any Israelis though. Peter Schmeichel played for Man Utd until a couple of years ago.
    Biggest stars in europe, well the biggest is Zinedine Zidane, there's a few others around his level and the brightest new star in europe is Wayne Rooney, but he's not actually won anything yet (he's only young).
    Animo et Fide
    You did specify 'good' though, can't say I've heard of those guys.
    They might be very good, don't get me wrong, but I've not seen their names on any headlines.
    Animo et Fide
    there was a statistic on this, I remember seeing an article last year about there being 100 nationalities in English football, that's diversity for you!
    Animo et Fide
  19.    #39  
    there's huge diversity in scottish football players too...from crap, appalling, mediocre right through to dismal and truly unbelievably poor
    That's what we like about the scots, incredible optimism.
    Animo et Fide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast