1.    #1  
    Any ideas what to get someone for a paper anniversary? As I was best man I'd like to get something half decent, but I can't afford massive amounts.
    Animo et Fide
    what about a lurrrvvvely framed photo of the big happy day...mmmmmmmm...or a nice tub of Hagen Daz ice cream, just perfect for these hot summer days in the UK. What the heck is a paper anniversary ??!!
  3.    #3  
    First wedding anniversary And I'm wanting something slightly more original than a framed photo
    Animo et Fide
    what about a bottle of champers and some "fine Belgian chocolates" ...mmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    what about a bottle of champers and some "fine Belgian chocolates" ...mmmmmmmm
    If the chocolates were Swiss instead of Belgian, maybe this would be "decent"...

Sorry, PeterBrown, but I find it difficult to contribute since I have no idea what the preferences of your friends are.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    One of my friends was served with divorce papers on their first anniversary but I wouldn't recommend that as a gift.
    Tickets to a show?

It's paper
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    First wedding anniversary And I'm wanting something slightly more original than a framed photo
    I would say this, but it is a bit $$$.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  9.    #9  
    Some nice ideas, thanks all. I've had a look at the anniversary lists - I mean what each year is meant to be - and in the modern list 1 is Clocks, rather than paper. I've been casting around for cool clock sites, don't suppose anyone has a particularly funky clock and knows the website to go to for such things? It's like pulling teeth on google, found one or two but slightly out of my price range (i mean, £3000 for a clock?)
    Art is a nice idea but slightly more risky I'd probably say. Still, I might browse around a market or two in Manchester.
    Animo et Fide
    If their a bit type A like me a nice looking Atomic clock might be nice. There are a bunch of styles available. Miller is a big brand name here for AClocks.

Just a thought.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Had a look at some of the clock sites after posting and I must say, "How Boring".

Depending how much you want to spend, how about getting them a gift certificate at a local Bed and Breakfast for a Saturday night close to their anniversary. If wee one's are involved volunteering your wife to watch the little tyke or tykette while they spent the night at the hotel might be just the ticket.

Offering to run the Video camera might be pushing it though.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite