Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walley1
    Ha, I thought by now eveyone knew what a cat scanner is! If you have never had one ..maybe you wouldnt know. Its a medical diagnostic imaging system...allows you to see inside the body..with detail not possible with conventional xray. Its sometimes referred to a ct scan. CT scanners and MRI scanners have virtually eliminated the need for exploratory surgery. Go to an emergency room with a headache, stomach ache, back ache or just about any other ailment that isnt readily diagnosable and you will likely get a ct scan. Large hospitals have multiple scanners, smaller ones may have only one. Private doctors may schedule you for a ct scan if you have a sinus infection, or for just about any other reason under the sun.
    Which place do you work at? I own to IDTFs in Dallas.
    Recruitment software sales -www.maxhire.net
    25 years in High Tech
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ahh medical imaging...i still have the hope that one day i will be a doctor of radiology
    You will make it. Can't beat telecommuting for 95 bucks a read.
    Technical sales manager for an electrical world leader company
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You will make it. Can't beat telecommuting for 95 bucks a read.
    ahh lad if you only knew about the gheyity that the canadian government has thrusted upon us
    Real Estate Broker...
    Last edited by ayana2004; 09/17/2005 at 08:40 PM.
    Blessed beyond measure!
    1. Overworked Diagnositic Radiologist
    2. Super techno-freak

(check out my groups new clinic and website! HERE )
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Anesthesiology Resident. Yes, I pass gas for a living.
    Treo Community - what do you do?
    Depends on what I want to do at any given time.

What do I want to do right now?
    Type this.
    Have a nice day

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    2. Super techno-freak

How you doin Kevin or carl ?
    Being a physician i was able to eliminate others.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 08/20/2005 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Ha Ha!

wrong!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    So then, you know how important it is to be able to distinguish the difference between your occupation, and what you do.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's acting. That would be an occupation.

Right forum, wrong thread.

Check that, that's not acting.

Right thread! You win!

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    So then, you know how important it is to be able to distinguish the difference between your occupation, and what you do.

However, I must say, that all lines seems to blur, when I find that my occupation becomes all I have time to do. I need a vacation.....
    Nanotechnology Nerd
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    2. Super techno-freak

How usefull are you finding that Stand Up MRI? From my understanding it is popular with the LOP crowd. We have got a Symphony 1.5 Maestro Class, which seems to be popular with the Neuro guys. Also if you haven't got to yet, write a letter to Senator to get some of the self-refers out of the business. They are driving utilization up while driving reimbursement down. I don't know what it is like in LA but in my area, it is quite common to have 20-30 non-radiologists owning a piece of one center.

P.S. I like your name as well.
    the Stand up is a niche magnet -- the orthos, neuros, and in LA, the chiros really like it. Image quality is ok, not fantastic. But it also is super open, so you also have the open niche. We have added a GE 1.5 T 3 mo ago, cause of the need for MRA and higher end neuro work.

The over-utilization, self-referral deal has def. hit the radar screens. Our senior partner is pretty involved in the ACR. One thing about our 100% rad owned clinic, I can't and don't send any patient to it and never will. The third party payers on the east coast are setting up some interesting trends, they are requiring that an imaging center have at least 5 modalities before they will pay for a study. This is a one way of dealing with the "boutique" single modaility self referral factories.

ouch, back to work. 10 studies in 50 min.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    ...technically I am a Radioshack store manager, but my true career goal is WORLD DOMINANCE
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.