Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorta interesting....

Either everyone of these guys are lying or someone else is....

Im not exactly sure what to make of it....

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...video_wmv.html
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    visor neo:: visor prism:: ++visorphone::: Treo270:: Treo600: Treo 650<br> Treo Picture Blog
    hmmm.. interesting...
  4.    #4  
    I read that blog....seems to help discredit the guys motives, but it does not explain that the doctor who treated Kerry's first purple heart says he used a band-aid to cover the wound
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Just to play devil's advocate here...

Doesn't the fact that Kerry actually got on a plane and spent one day in Viet Nam already put him miles ahead of Bush in the "bravery" and "duty" category? I don't know why Bush tries so hard to discredit Kerry's millitary career. I would avoid that topic at all costs, if I were him.

Not that one's service in a war should be the only deciding factor in a presidential race, but it does speak volumes about one's leadership abilities and one's willingness to serve his or her country. Plus, since the President is commander in chief of the armed forces, it would help if He or she were a bit familiar with the inner workings OF the armed forces. I'm sure the soldiers feel better about serving under someone who at one time wore the same uniform, so to speak.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I think it's not if your served but how you served that matters. and if kerry really lied about how he obtained those purple hearts and all he "accomplished" during the was, than i would say hands down, that presdient bush though he may not have served as much time or in the same capacity, definately served a better quality worth. sometimes its quality not quantity that counts.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    As far as I can tell, Bush didn't serve at all. He signed up for the National Guard, but he can't produce one person who remembers him showing up for duty.

Meanwhile, Senator McCain has officially come out condemning this new ad; I guess he remembers all too well how similar ads destroyed his chances of winning the primary four years ago.

None of the people in the ad who say "I served with John Kerry" actually served with him. They were somewhere in Viet Nam at the same time as Kerry, but none of them actually knew him. Including the doctor who claims to have treated him. So I don't think any purple hearts are in question, here.

This is one of the most despicable things I've seen yet in this campaign. I'm no Democrat, nor am I a Republican, and I'm not naive enough to think that any politician is always honest, but when one side stoops this low, it's hard not to be repulsed.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    What really amazes me is the disconnect that many people have in their criticism of Kerry's war record.

On one hand, they seem to be saying that he did not get injured enough to qualify for what they would call a real hero.

On the other hand, the majority of those attacking Kerry feel entirely justified to do almost nothing or as little as possible in the way of military service for their country (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the majority of the conservatives on this forum, I would wager).

I just do not understand how people can criticise someone like Kerry for not doing enough military service or having enough bravery, when at the same time these people choose not to do anything and instead let others go off to war to do their political bidding?????
    Kerry touts his Vietnam experience everywhere ("I'm John Kerry, Reporting For Duty"), yet his side is incensed that Kerry's record is now challenged by his comrades. Pretty funny to me. Republicans didn't raise the Vietnam issue, Kerry did. And did it again, and again, and again, .... Since a big part of Kerry's campaign is based upon his Vietnam background and experience, it seems fair that his background and experience is scrutinized.

The same people who are offended by the Kerry video, which everyone admits is purely political, have no problems with the "documentary" by Moore.

It seems liberals don't want to be challenged on anything which may criticize their guy. I say let all of the facts/opinions be heard (including the political videos by Moore and the Kerry video), and then let people make their own decisions after considering all of the information.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    This is one of the most despicable things I've seen yet in this campaign. I'm no Democrat, nor am I a Republican, and I'm not naive enough to think that any politician is always honest, but when one side stoops this low, it's hard not to be repulsed.
    I guess you missed the Moveon.org videos comparing Bush to Hitler, or you missed Whoopi Goldberg's profane comparisons about Bush and Cheney, or you missed Howard Dean's suggestion that Bush had prior knowledge of the 9-11 attacks, or the Democrats disclosing Bush's old DWI conviction 3 days before the 2000 election.

You are correct that when the [Democrats] stoop this low, it's hard not to be repulsed.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I just do not understand how people can criticise someone like Kerry for not doing enough military service or having enough bravery, when at the same time these people choose not to do anything and instead let others go off to war to do their political bidding?????
    Actually, the point is that people should examine Kerry's Vietnam experience based upon all of the information available, rather than only from Kerry's never-ending self-promotion of his Vietnam exploits.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Actually, the point is that people should examine Kerry's Vietnam experience based upon all of the information available, rather than only from Kerry's never-ending self-promotion of his Vietnam exploits.
    Yes, it is pretty straightforward to me, Kerry volunteered for military service, risked his life for his country, got hurt. Bush did all he could to avoid going to Vietnam, and couldn't even fullfill his stateside military obligations.

I do not need some right wing spin doctor to try to confuse this simple observation of fact.
    That is not what they are saying. They are saying he lied. Don't know if what they are saying is true, but you mis-characterize it.
    The idea this is about Kerry not having enough bravery or service is laughable. The statement that this comes from people who never served with Kerry is laughable because all the accusations about bogus purple hearts and bronze stars come from people who were eye witnesses to the events that Kerry claims merits his medals. In fact many knew him well. Two minutes of research would reveal this.

I am not aware of Bush ever discrediting Kerrys service, can you give an example?

So lets debate this topic but lets not just make things up.

This boils down to did Kerry lie and make up stories to obtain war medals. Since Kerry is running hard on this issue it makes sense to examine this. The lynchpin of his campaign is this four months of his life and we need to know if all this is predicated on lies.

Some things these guys have seen, such as Kerry committing war crimes by torching villages we know is absolutely true. Kerry said so himself in 1971.
    Yes, it is pretty straightforward to me, Kerry volunteered for military service, risked his life for his country, got hurt. Bush did all he could to avoid going to Vietnam, and couldn't even fullfill his stateside military obligations.

I do not need some right wing spin doctor to try to confuse this simple observation of fact.
    No, you just blindly follow left wing spin doctors who claim (with no evidence whatsoever) that Bush "did all he could do to avoid going to Vietnam, and couldn't even fullfill his stateside military obligations." Make sure you keep ignoring all facts (including the personal statements of the guys in the Kerry video) which don't support your viewpoint. "Anybody but Bush", right?
    we will see.... remember these words... we will see....

if kerry gets in having promised to do all he claims to do, then folks, we will see how much better than bush everyone claims he will be.

it will be interesting to watch what he follows through on and what he actually accomplishes.

we will see......
    you guys are just dancing around the issue, Kerry did the more patriotic thing for his country than Bush did regarding Vietnam. Its not even a comparison. Anything you can do to slop some sort of dirt on Kerry is obviously in your political best interest, and good luck to you, have fun. I will not get in your way anymore. Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    it will be interesting to watch what he follows through on and what he actually accomplishes.
    If he doesn't, he can blame it on the Congress, which he will not control, just like Regan and Clinton did.
    yep. and we will all buy it, too
    Cellmatrix,

The issue is(was) the validity of the allegations against Kerry. If the allegations are true, Kerry's course of action certainly was not the most patriotic. Even if they are all false, Kerry committed war crimes during Vietnam (he said so himself). George Bush did not, so I still don't see how his course of action is patriotic. No one extols Lynndie England patriotism.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast