Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey, why did you guys stop? This is better than watching them debate on FOX or CNN.

I guess people are really interested in this issue. As of today the book "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" is number 1 on amazon.com and number 3 on NY Times Best Seller list.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    It's funny how now that we have a Dem with a little ( and boy do I mean little) military service, it is suddenly the most important quality for a candidate.
    Yet when Clinton was running military service was of no consequence, didnt matter, was not necessary for a good president.

Interesting how things change to suit the agenda.

4 little months of kerry's life are no more relative to this campaign than four months of my life. I still find it odd that Kerry could get 3 Purple Hearts in four months and never miss a single day of duty. Pretty convenient.

Kerry has been planning his politcal future his whole life. He said that. His Viet Nam time was just a well orchestrated part of that plan
    There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
    Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Liars liars, what else is new. It is almost amusing what man will do to further his or her agenda. IMHO, right now we are in bad shape as far as leadership for this country goes, either way it goes. I do know I don't really trust the Press, but I do trust the body counts in Iraq and the reported injured as a result of a war that we were pushed into.

And for those Clinton Haters, now take a good look at our candidates. At least "No one died, when Clinton lied."

Enough said; I'll vote cuz everyone should, and may "God Bless America" -- anyway.

-Peace
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    And for those Clinton Haters, now take a good look at our candidates. At least "No one died, when Clinton lied." ...

Mom did you forget about Vince Foster?
    There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
    Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I think everyone in this country has lost their minds. The political process in the US has denegrated into voting for the politician who's telling the lie you wish were true. No media source simply reports the facts. In fact, ascertaining the real truth about any issue, once politicized, is near impossible. Has anyone who's contributed to this thread actually gone and pulled copies of old newspaper reports or solicited for military records (if this is even possible), or is everyone's opinion based a facts they retrieved from a Google search ? 'Course, if you read it on the internet, it must be true, right ?

I think that everyone should just accept the old addage; actions speak louder than words. Let's all stop listening to either side of the debate and examine what these two guys have done with their lives.

At least Kerry volunteered to go to Vietnam. At least Kerry doesn't have an issue with changing his mind once the game changes or more facts are known. At least Kerry hasn't turned everything he's ever been involved with to crap (I speak of Bush's record in industry and his complete lack of fiscal restraint). Do I think Kerry would make a good president ? Not really, but I also believe that there's no way he could possibly be as devious as Bush. Bush has raised lying to an art form.

The swift boat veterans group is well funded by a Texan with a mission: Ruin Kerry's chances for gaining the Presidency. The same can be said of Moore and F/911. The difference is that Moore will tell you straight out that he has an agenda and his movie furthers that end. Moore twists facts to make an argument. The swift boat video is trying to promote lies as truth and you won't find anyone involved admiting this is anything but complete fact. I believe there's a huge difference in these two approaches.

Anyway, I'm off to the microfiche reader in the stacks to try and gather some facts.
  7.    #47  
    KKena...

You start off noble then you end up spewing trash....same old same old

Dont deal with the facts...attack the messenger...

Last time I checked the POW's and decorated vets have the right to say what they want....

Speaking of money...Soros has said he would give his fortune to defeat W. MoveOn.org has spent millions.

So its ok for liberals to have a sugar daddy but republicans cant?>

I challenge you guys to deal with the FACTS of the Swifts ...

By the way O'neil is a DEMOCRAT, but he is so mad at Kerry for the lies he told 30 years ago to the Senate about rape, murder and evil that good men did....

Yes there is an agenda, its time to right a wrong that they have had to live with thier whole lives.

Cipro

PS Kerry is now suing the Mapmakers for moving Cambodia
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro
    Last time I checked the POW's and decorated vets have the right to say what they want....
    Yes lets ask one and see what he says:

WASHINGTON - Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry’s military service “dishonest and dishonorable” and urged the White House on Thursday to condemn it as well. The White House declined. “It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me,” McCain said in an interview with The Associated Press, comparing the anti-Kerry ad to tactics in his bitter Republican primary fight with President Bush............“I deplore this kind of politics,” McCain said. “I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable. As it is, none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded. Many of his crew have testified to his courage under fire. I think John Kerry served honorably in Vietnam......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5612836
  9.    #49  
    These Men served in the same unit meaning they were eating and sleeping with Kerry.

Let them be heard America can decide who to find truthful.

But suing them, and crying foul is the wrong thing to do.

Free speech and all....

Btw...id like to see Kerry denounce Moore....his movie is full of proven crap....

Cip
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Cip, why do you prop up these guys? The Swift boaters lie and do deserve to be sued, notwhithstanding who they "sleep with":
    http://factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=231
    By the way, in case it was not completely obvious - they are supported by the Bush campaign:
    http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/...wift_graph.gif
    and they have already been renounced by our leading decorated republican war hero
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5612836

So if you are trying to say, well even though some of what the Swift boaters said was lies, but this thing they said is true......

Or if you are trying to say well maybe the person who financed the Swift boat people is one of Karl Roves best friends, but still I think that the Bush admin is not connected....

Or if you are trying to say, well John McCain is an ***** and does not know what he is talking about when he denounces this group.....

if you can dismiss this growing evidence, well I got news for you, you are either hopelessly naiive to this sleazy politics or you are a willing part of it.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/21/2004 at 05:22 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123