1.    #1  
    Someone walked by my car on Sunday and decided it would be fun to kick my fender. Now I have to pay nearly $800 to get it fixed. What would possess someone to needlessly ruin someone's property?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Someone walked by my car on Sunday and decided it would be fun to kick my fender. Now I have to pay nearly $800 to get it fixed. What would possess someone to needlessly ruin someone's property?
    Fender Envy ?
    at least they didn't take a blade to your car doors
    Some people are just mean and hateful, they don't have anything nice, so they try and ruin it for others.
    No insurance? That would fall into the comprehensive section of your policy if you have full coverage. In most cases a comp claim will not impact your rates. Also in most cases your comp deductible is much lower than the collision one.

So who did you **** off?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6.    #6  
    I don't believe I have comprehensive coverage. I will look into it, but I'm pretty sure I have a rather high deductible. Thanks for the advice.

As for who I pissed off, I can't think of anyone. Besides, it wasn't near my house and was blocks from my office.

The only "excusable" thing I can think of is I often see skateboarders around, and if one of them fell on my car, well, I guess that's okay. They should still have left a note or something, but panicking and running is better than vandalism. (Hey, maybe the skateboarder was going to fly into traffic and my car stopped him. Can it get a silver star or something for bravery?).
    I feel ya. Had my car kicked once, keyed twiced, egged 3 times, and broken into twice within 18 months. I think it's best to trade in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Political differences aside, I am impressed with your insurance-knowledge, Woof. Are you an insurance agent?

Why yes Chick, I am. I work for your date.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Liability is what is required of all motorists. It covers your **** if you hit someone with your car. Commonly referred to as Collision.

Comp is for the things that happen to your car when you are not driving it. Fire,flood, vandalism, theft etc.

If you are still paying for your car then very likely you have Full coverage (comp/collision). Most banks require full coverage to protect their investment. Many people drop comp after their car is paid for.

Kurt call your agent and ask. They should be able to tell you in seconds whether it would be covered. Good luck.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    That's one of the two reasons why I don't buy new cars (aside from sticker price). My van has its battle scars and I don't really care about a scratch here and there.

I do hope your mishap was an accident. But I agree a note in the least would have been nice. But then we will always have the common element among us who will not even think to do the right or decent thing.

Hope you can somehow be reimbursed.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Liability is what is required of all motorists. It covers your **** if you hit someone with your car. Commonly referred to as Collision.
    If I remember correctly, Collision is the damage done to your own car, and is seperate from liability. Back when I had a $2000 junker, I didn't have collision because it wasn't worth replacing the car (if I drove into a tree, for instance). Of course I still had liability (so if I ran over an old lady, she could get fixed up).
    Hey, it could be worse. Some moron could change lanes into you, send you flying into oncoming traffic on the other side of the highway, and drive away without stopping.

(Same $800 damage to the car, though.)
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    If I remember correctly, Collision is the damage done to your own car, and is seperate from liability. Back when I had a $2000 junker, I didn't have collision because it wasn't worth replacing the car (if I drove into a tree, for instance). Of course I still had liability (so if I ran over an old lady, she could get fixed up).
    Kurt I stand corrected. Liability is a must, collision is to protect you. You are correct.

Hey never said I sold car insurance!
    — Ed Howdershelt
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Hey, it could be worse. Some moron could change lanes into you, send you flying into oncoming traffic on the other side of the highway, and drive away without stopping.

(Same $800 damage to the car, though.)
    That's true. On the whole, I consider myself very fortunate for a lot of reasons. This, however, is still a pain in the ****.