Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The old Treo model make a cameo in the Bourne Supremacy movie trailer showing the past couple of days on TV.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    GSM got an early short scene - worthy of a SAG card.
    Pretty prominent and clearly showed the HS logo. My eeked in the theater and said in a rather loud, "Daddy, there's your old phone."
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  4.    #4  
    the 270 held its own on the screen except for one little thing.

it didnt turn on when it was on the floor and it rang.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    One more bug: Anyone notice that the Treo's LED was blinking red the entire time? I swear it was out of coverage when they used it...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Hmmm, I've been trying to decide whether or not to see this movie. I guess this seals it, going today!
    Never argue with an *****; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Author unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the 270 held its own on the screen except for one little thing.

it didnt turn on when it was on the floor and it rang.
    It was the specially designed spy version of course. If you were a spy, would you want to a have this torch thing with you that suddenly turns itsself on while you are hiding in the dark?
    So I was watching Bourne Supremacy this weekend and in one scene a guy is using a treo 180!

jason bourne takes it, removes the SIM card pops it into a gadget to copy the card and later listens in on a phone call to that treo.

it was pretty sweet.

but when the guy got the call his LED was blinking red=no service LOL.

i need to find that ring tone.

so anyway it looks like the treo's are finally making public attention. but why did they use a 180 and not a 600? because it's cheaper? looks more hightech?

as a side note the treo 600 is being featured in some pre-teen girl movie on cable about some popstar who's assistant looses his 600 with his schedule on it. some girls find it and follow him arround or something.
    I think the movie you're talking about is called "Little Black Book" and it's not a Treo 600 featured... It's a Tungsten.

But it's still cool that they used a Treo in "Bourne".
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    I think the movie you're talking about is called "Little Black Book" and it's not a Treo 600 featured... It's a Tungsten.

But it's still cool that they used a Treo in "Bourne".
    no i'm fairly sure it's a treo 600 due to the fact that the popstar calls the the girl on the treo and goes give me back my phone.

oh wait the movie you are thinking about is with a tungsten it's about a lady who gets her boyfriends palm and sees all the pictures of his past girlfriends and tracks them all down to ask why they broke up with him. different movie. that one is going to be in theaters right?

the one i'm thinking about is on cable only. one of those disney channel, or family channel made for TV movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinal10
    no i'm fairly sure it's a treo 600 due to the fact that the popstar calls the the girl on the treo and goes give me back my phone.

oh wait the movie you are thinking about is with a tungsten it's about a lady who gets her boyfriends palm and sees all the pictures of his past girlfriends and tracks them all down to ask why they broke up with him. different movie. that one is going to be in theaters right?

the one i'm thinking about is on cable only. one of those disney channel, or family channel made for TV movies.
    The popstar movie is a disney channel made for TV movie. I have no kids...do not ask how I know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    And we know that you know everything about spying, don't we? Is it the Mossad? CIA? SwissIntelli?
    It's the Illuminati Special Services of course. We run the the UN, the EU, the US government and most of the other nations. I shouldn't be telling you this, but I trust you can keep a secret.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    was ok. I was surprised to see a Treo 270 in the movie... more surprised to see a GSM cloning device! That was cool! Too bad the 270 wasn't a 600, but when the movie was being filmed, there probably weren't any. A word to the wise... the movie is worth seeing, but doesn't have much to do with the book.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Unfortunately I can't
    Oh yes, I forgot you are a woman because it did't show on the avatar . O well, we'll just run a partial brainwash scan later.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Nope - a treo 300 / 180 series was definately in Bourne Supremecy. Actually.. i want that ring tone!!
    Yup... It was definetly a fliptop treo... I remember thinking to myself that he needs a 600, but I guess he's fired... What a crappy day...
    It is amazing how each poster saw the Treo for the same movie under three different models: T180/T270/T300.
    T180 for this post.
    T270 for this post from Filipe
    T300 for this post from Treo Ken
    cue79 and 155
    yes i know it was a 180/300 model in bourne. later i was talking about some other movie on cable with a 600 in it. sorry if there was any confusion.

155- haha i was thinking the same thing when i saw him. i was like dude he has the old model. he should upgrade. then i was like so do i...

and i also want that ring tone. and the ability to recieve calls with no service.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMike
    Hmmm, I've been trying to decide whether or not to see this movie. I guess this seals it, going today!
    Geek.
    Ryan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast