Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122
  1.    #1  
    Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11' burned through $21.8 million in domestic ticket sales, setting a new bar for documentaries.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  2. #2  
    who says you can't get people to buy large quantities of b u l l s h i t.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    who says you can't get people to buy large quantities of b u l l s h i t.
    Not the Bush team, obviously.
    (I know I should resist, but I can't.)
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    who says you can't get people to buy large quantities of b u l l s h i t.
    at least people got a chance to hear another side of the story... for a change!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    at least people got a chance to hear another side of the story... for a change!
    A large portion of which is complete crap. I think it's funny how Fat Boy (yes thats how I think of him) says his movie is the facts and then an op-ed piece and then the facts all in one interview.

    This guy just want to be famous and will say or do anything to get it. Much of his material all the way back to Roger & Me has been proven to be false. But hey, go ahead and believe it. Don't think for yourself.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6. #6  
    I haven't seen it but I saw his last movie and I'm already convinced that this movie is full of the same crap. I'm defining crap as something that does nothing but agitate instead of resolve. And once again we have fools pointing fingers at the current president for events that could have been prevented by the previous two. Right? Isnt that what the movie is about? My political views and standpoints are not an extension of my personality. And yes I do believe my government lies to me but, I also think people who are selling something will say just about anything to get me to buy it.....I would.
  7. #7  
    I lost all respect for Mr. Moore when he introduced politics to the Academy Awards. Thankfully he was booed off the stage. Egostical *****.
  8. #8  
    Those of you making negative remarks (ProDucer,woof,ttrundle), did you see the film?
    If so, what specifically did you find erroneous? and what was subsequently disproven by 'roger and me'?

    and don't you agree that in America we should be able to see and hear upsetting, critical and unpopular points of view and either accept or reject them as we see fit? or would you rather Micheal Moore's film be banned?

    (Please notice I am discussing this without resulting to name calling, inflamatory comments and expressions such as **** Cheney might make here?)
  9. #9  
    nudist, you obviously don't read the posts and just react (hmmm, that's what you're accusing us of)....the first 4 words of proDucers post says "I haven't seen it..."
    (Please notice I am discussing this without resulting to name calling, inflamatory comments blah blah blah)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    at least people got a chance to hear another side of the story... for a change!
    I am a conservative and often fall into the trap of getting frustrated and feeling "our view" isn't getting out there. I think my friends who have different views (perhaps you Nudist?) often feel the same way.

    Perhaps the reality is both or all views have loud voices. At times one may seem louder than the other. I think we can feel our views aren't getting as much play because we can't understand why people wouldn't agree if they could just "get the message". It's good both are out there and a bunch of other junk as well. As Americans it's our responsiblity sort through as best we can and make up our own mind.

    **** Cheney is awesome (in my opinion), lost his temper in a private conversation and used the "f" word. Big deal!

    John Kerry is not fit to be president (in my opinion) used the "f" word in a Rolling Stone interview. Big deal!

    just a couple of my thoughts
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Those of you making negative remarks (ProDucer,woof,ttrundle), did you see the film?
    If so, what specifically did you find erroneous? and what was subsequently disproven by 'roger and me'?

    and don't you agree that in America we should be able to see and hear upsetting, critical and unpopular points of view and either accept or reject them as we see fit? or would you rather Micheal Moore's film be banned?

    (Please notice I am discussing this without resulting to name calling, inflamatory comments and expressions such as **** Cheney might make here?)

    OH PULEASE!!! No one is saying that opposing views shouldn't be allowed!! And the fiction that the "liberal" view isn't shown is another ficiton...

    Moore's movie should be viewed for what it is...Left-wing proganda. If your liberal you'll love it and think it's all true b/c you already thought that way and if your conservative you'll hate it b/c you already hated Moore before you went to see the movie...plain and simple. There's not that many people who didn't have an opinion prior to going into this 'quasi-documentary'. If they were undecided, they were probably living on a another planet or something. Believe what you want to believe, but do not make the farsical arguement that this is some sort journalism...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11' burned through $21.8 million in domestic ticket sales, setting a new bar for documentaries.
    Thanks for the 411. My hus wants to see the documentary and I think it is definately worth the watch to say the least. Let the coins fall where they may, folks will think and say what they are inclined to anyhoo.

    Cheers!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks for the 411. My hus wants to see the documentary and I think it is definately worth the watch to say the least. Let the coins fall where they may, folks will think and say what they are inclined to anyhoo.

    Cheers!
    Don't you mean, let the chads hang where they may ?
  14. wwo
    wwo is offline
    wwo's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    #14  
    I agree with Gfunk., this is the beginning of infotainment movies were you can't tell real from hollywood experiences.
  15. #15  
    I saw it yesterday and found it thought provoking. The movie is left-leaning, but not to any greater extent than the right-leaning on the O'Reilly factor or Hannity or Limbaugh.

    So if a liberal like me can try to watch the O'Reilly factor and try to filter something objective out of the bias, so too can a conservative watch this film and get something out of it.

    I recommend it to all of my fellow members of this great forum!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I saw it yesterday and found it thought provoking. The movie is left-leaning, but not to any greater extent than the right-leaning on the O'Reilly factor or Hannity or Limbaugh.
    The difference is that O'Reilly, Hannnity etc make no pretensions to hide the fact that they are opinionated shows with their own viewpoints and political slant. Moore on the other hand promotes his propoganda as a true "documentary" when it is clearly NOT. Furthermore, there have been many reports in the media (left and right) critisizing Moore in the past for his loose adaptation of the facts. This is clearly NOT journalism nor a documentary. The worst thing IMO would be for the vast ignorant masses to go to this movie and rely on Moore as their main source of information on recent and current events... Alas, that probably is unavoidable...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17. #17  
    gfunkmagic, I appreciate your argument. However, I think that O'Reilly and the rest do try to make the viewers believe that they are not biased. I mean, that is the intent of the label "the no-spin zone". Despite this pretense, you are correct in that most people recognize there is indeed an obvious bias going on there.

    On the other hand, you would have to live in a cave in Nepal not to have appreciated the controversy surrounding farenheight 911, which centers around whether the film is objective or not. I think that the right have very effectively been able to get their views on the film out there far and wide, whether it is USA today, Fox or other cable news, to our ignorant masses.

    So I think that there is as much danger of someone mistaking Moore's film as a true documentary, as there is for someone for example mistaking the O'Reilly factor as true journalism.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    gfunkmagic, I appreciate your argument. However, I think that O'Reilly and the rest do try to make the viewers believe that they are not biased. I mean, that is the intent of the label "the no-spin zone". Despite this pretense, you are correct in that most people recognize there is indeed an obvious bias going on there.
    I agree with your point there. The "no-spin zone" tagline is pretty silly when FoxNews does obviously have a political bent. But couldn't we also say the same thing about the NYTime's "all the news that's fit to print" slogan? (btw I read the times religiously everyday). I think the point is that everyone has their own perspective on what the "Truth" really is and what is biased and what is unbiased. The trick is being able to gather your information from a variety of source across the spectrum so that you can form YOUR OWN independent analysis. That means not just listening to NPR, CBS or whatever. Unfortunately I think only a very small minority of people are capable of this...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks for the 411. My hus wants to see the documentary and I think it is definately worth the watch to say the least. Let the coins fall where they may, folks will think and say what they are inclined to anyhoo.
    Cheers!
    You are welcome, and thank you too.
    Since I brought up this subject I am politely declining to get into the arguments here. Nevertheless, arguments are important and healthy and I read them with great interest!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I lost all respect for Mr. Moore when he introduced politics to the Academy Awards. Thankfully he was booed off the stage. Egostical *****.
    He wasn't the first to introduce politics to the Academy Awards and he won't be the last. (One would argue that the Oscar is inherently political to begin with.) Now for an Egoistical (I assume you meant this word) ***** he sure is smarter than both of us, isn't he?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions