Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm still using the goofy Treo camera for my blog, but ...

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekreminski/id7.html

Enjoy,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    As much of a photographer you are (you really capture great pics!), I'm surprised you only now got a real cam. Your treo pics are amazing! They should be in a photo show.
    I assume these were the "real" cam pictures not your Treo's. They are indeed very nice. I like the b/w picture a lot!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    I'm still using the goofy Treo camera for my blog, but ...

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekreminski/id7.html

Enjoy,
    EdK
    Gotta love that Leica 12x Constant f/2.8 DC Vario-Elmarit Aspherical Lens with Optical Image Stabilization. Enjoy!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    Gotta love that Leica 12x Constant f/2.8 DC Vario-Elmarit Aspherical Lens with Optical Image Stabilization. Enjoy!
    Thanks Carl. There's a little CA at the extreme zoom at f2.8 and a little pincushion wide and close-up, but it's a really nice lens. IS works well too. My Treo is becoming the world's most expensive SD card reader . Emailing pics from this camera is a hoot.

EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
  6.    #6  
    In between taking Treo Camera pictures for my blog and new avatar , I managed to take a few pictures with my new camera:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekreminski/id8.html

Be warned that this is a 500K page .

Enjoy,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
    very nice photos, wish I could take ones like that with my canon A75 - any tips ???
  8.    #8  
    Thanks,

I used a sturdy tripod for exposures of 2-8 seconds @ ISO 50. f8 was the best aperture. Wideangle works well if you're close to the action. Manual focus was used to minimize shutter lag.

Check your shots as you go and adjust settings as required for your particular conditions. A large capacity fast memory card and a well charged battery makes things a lot easier, too. Position yourself upwind or off to the side of the prevailing winds to keep smoke and debris off of you and your camera.

Keep shooting and have fun ,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
    thanks Ed, as a matter of interest, how many shots of each subject on your page did you take before you got the one you posted, presumably there's afair bit of hit and miss ?? Pro's always make things look relatively simple which disguises the obvious hard work that goes into getting a really good shot...or do you just wait and then shoot at the right moment ??
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    nice pictures - thanx for sharing
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    thanks Ed, as a matter of interest, how many shots of each subject on your page did you take before you got the one you posted, presumably there's afair bit of hit and miss ?? Pro's always make things look relatively simple which disguises the obvious hard work that goes into getting a really good shot...or do you just wait and then shoot at the right moment ??
    Fireworks are kind of a "fish in a barrel" situation. You just set up and wait for the action to start. I shot 36 images in this instance. The first couple were off technically. I adjusted my equipment and the rest were all good. It just came down to a matter of editing them down to my favorites. My Treo pics are usually one shot grabs. If it's a static subject, I may try some variations to trick the camera's auto settings into giving me different effects.

Truly skilled photographers have the ability to see the resulting picture before clicking the shutter button. This means that they will anticipate the actions of the subject and the behavior of the equipment in response to the scene.

A little luck helps too ,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
  12.    #12  
    I've added another page of images taken last week at the U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekreminski/id9.html

It's about 550k again.

Thanks for Looking ,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    I've added another page of images taken last week at the U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekreminski/id9.html

It's about 550k again.

Thanks for Looking ,
    EdK
    Thanks for posting the link
  14.    #15  
    Hi Carl,

The new FZ20 announcement has now reduced my FZ10 into a pile of obsolete polycarbonate, aluminum, silicon and glass . There should be some awesome deals on the FZ10 in September when the FZ20 actually appears in stores.

My Treo 600 has been obsolete since the "announcements" of the 610 and ACE. I can't understand why these things don't come with freshness dates stamped on them, like milk cartons .

NOTE: My blog and my photo pages referenced above are suffering from some sort of ISP server SNAFU, so the pics currently don't display properly. I'll post a message when things are back to normal. Sorry for any inconvenience .

EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
  15.    #16  
    My ISP finally fixed their server problem late Sunday night. I had to play email tag for four days just to get them to look at the problem on their server. SHEESH!!!

Enjoy Again ,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
  16.    #18  
    Here they are:

Enjoy ,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
  17.    #19  
    Oh NO! Here come the candidates again ...

Check out the license plate :

Enjoy,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
  18.    #20  
    No, not the debate.

Enjoy,
    EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast