1.    #1  
    When Reagan left office, he retired to the simple life. The only time I remember seeing him again was 4 years later at the RNC when he was trying to help his former VP get re-elected. When the first Bush retired, he went away and laid low after that. I don't even recall seeing him anywhere in public to help his son when he was running for office in 2000. Maybe he didn't want to see him get elected - or on the flip side thought his support might hurt But at least he didn't steal the limelight from him.

So why won't Bill Clinton do the same and just go away?!? I don't want to hear him anymore. Wasn't 8 years of his hot air and ego enough for crying out, freaking loud?!?!? He's been so visible the last 4 years it's like he never left office. Especially since he's probably done as much. He justs keep talking about himself over and over. Like his 8 years in office, the last 4 years has focused on himself as well.

Jimmy Carter kept in the limelight as well after he left office. You would've thought after the embarassment Reagan gave him in the election added to the embarassment of all the things that went wrong while he was president - he would just lay low. Instead he kept trying to get involved with mediating disputes with other nations from time to time. It was annoying because it sometimes tended to undermind what the current administration was trying to do. It seemed that in his retirement he was trying to make up for all the shortcomings of his presidency and redeem himself by doing the world some good. At least I can respect that - unlike Bill who just can't stop talking about how great he thinks he is. Bill if you want to stay in the limelight, why don't you do your nation some good as well and go to Iraq and mediate with Al-Zarqawi?

So why won't Democrats go away after they retire from the Presidents office? Carter can stay - but PUH-LEASE Bill - JUST GO AWAY!! Don't you know you're stealing the limelight from John Kerry and probably hurting your own party's election bid by talking about all the nookie you got as President. Especially when you make statements such as you got oral favors from Monica Lewinsky, "because I could." Boy, that kind of abuse of power and lack of self control really sounds like a party I want leading my country. You probably know that you are hurting your party but don't care because, as you book is aptly titled, for Bill Clinton it's all about "My Life". I can't wait for the follow up books, "I'm Great", and "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME"

Bill, PLEASE JUST GO AWAY!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    because if there were no dems, we'd probably only have the sorry like of those who call themselves republicans (the new 
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    repubs-the new kgb!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    When Reagan left office, he retired to the simple life. The only time I remember seeing him again was 4 years later at the RNC when he was trying to help his former VP get re-elected. When the first Bush retired, he went away and laid low after that. I don't even recall seeing him anywhere in public to help his son when he was running for office in 2000. Maybe he didn't want to see him get elected - or on the flip side thought his support might hurt But at least he didn't steal the limelight from him.

So why won't Bill Clinton do the same and just go away?!? I don't want to hear him anymore. Wasn't 8 years of his hot air and ego enough for crying out, freaking loud?!?!? He's been so visible the last 4 years it's like he never left office. Especially since he's probably done as much. He justs keep talking about himself over and over. Like his 8 years in office, the last 4 years has focused on himself as well.

Jimmy Carter kept in the limelight as well after he left office. You would've thought after the embarassment Reagan gave him in the election added to the embarassment of all the things that went wrong while he was president - he would just lay low. Instead he kept trying to get involved with mediating disputes with other nations from time to time. It was annoying because it sometimes tended to undermind what the current administration was trying to do. It seemed that in his retirement he was trying to make up for all the shortcomings of his presidency and redeem himself by doing the world some good. At least I can respect that - unlike Bill who just can't stop talking about how great he thinks he is. Bill if you want to stay in the limelight, why don't you do your nation some good as well and go to Iraq and mediate with Al-Zarqawi?

So why won't Democrats go away after they retire from the Presidents office? Carter can stay - but PUH-LEASE Bill - JUST GO AWAY!! Don't you know you're stealing the limelight from John Kerry and probably hurting your own party's election bid by talking about all the nookie you got as President. Especially when you make statements such as you got oral favors from Monica Lewinsky, "because I could." Boy, that kind of abuse of power and lack of self control really sounds like a party I want leading my country. You probably know that you are hurting your party but don't care because, as you book is aptly titled, for Bill Clinton it's all about "My Life". I can't wait for the follow up books, "I'm Great", and "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME"

Bill, PLEASE JUST GO AWAY!!!
    Carter builds houses for the poor.

Clinton is now building houses for his whores(couldn't resist). We had 10 years of Republican hot air trying to bring Clinton down. So I don't see a problem with the man trying to sell a few books after eight long years of unprecedented economic expansion on his watch.

You never heard from Reagan because he was dead long before he left office? Or was it because his administration faced so many scandals(not just about sex) that he was in hiding.

Nixon...do I need to go here at all?

George W. Bush's father was meeting with Osama bin Laden's brother, Shafig bin Laden, in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Washington, on the morning of 9/11. They have had many business deals, so he has been too busy buidling homes for billionares to be in the public eye. I guess his book will be called, "ME AND MY OIL"

Bill: I didn't like you when you were in office, but please come back!!! I'd rather have you torturing slutty interns again then George killing and torturing thousands of INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN & CHILDREN in Iraq.
  5.    #5  
    First post:
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    because if there were no dems, we'd probably only have the sorry like of those who call themselves republicans (the new 
    Second post:
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    repubs-the new kgb!
    Did you put ANY thought into that at all? Or are you really just posing as a Democrat in order to make them all look really stupid. If so, great job - you succeeded beyond all best expectations. Good attention to nonintelligence details with your inability to:

1) Keep a single sentence contained to a single post.
    2) Use the Edit function to fix the first post instead of posting a second to finish your sentence.
    3) Use CAPITAL letters.

I heard Al Gore has a Treo. I'm thinking I know his username now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjgarry
    George W. Bush's father was meeting with Osama bin Laden's brother, Shafig bin Laden, in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Washington, on the morning of 9/11. They have had many business deals, so he has been too busy buidling homes for billionares to be in the public eye. I guess his book will be called, "ME AND MY OIL"

Bill: I didn't like you when you were in office, but please come back!!! I'd rather have you torturing slutty interns again then George killing and torturing thousands of INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN & CHILDREN in Iraq.
    Good followup to Christo's post. Democrats are really looking stupid now. Keep up the good work guys. Kerry just dropped two points in the poll after your posts!
    Bob-C

I don't think you actually had a point in your last posting...

Help me here! I may look stupid but really I'm a fancy pants elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Did you put ANY thought into that at all? Or are you really just posing as a Democrat in order to make them all look really stupid. If so, great job - you succeeded beyond all best expectations. Good attention to nonintelligence details with your inability to:

1) Keep a single sentence contained to a single post.
    2) Use the Edit function to fix the first post instead of posting a second to finish your sentence.
    3) Use CAPITAL letters.
    points 1, 2 & 3: not all that easy to do if you're using the mobile forum and it cuts off your posts! think before you flame bob. i've got some sympathy with the original post though, even if i think you're a bit ott. surely it should just be 'why won't bill clinton just go away?!?' though? oops, where's My shIft buTton gOt to?
    Animo et Fide
  9.    #9  
    Maybe you're right. The title of the thread should really be, "Why won't Bill Clinton go away?" I thought about naming it that but then I noticed that Carter also insists on staying in the public light. Then I thought, well at least Republican presidents have the courtesy to leave the public light and let us move on. Why don't these Democratic presidents? Do they have something in common by just being Democrats? I guess I really don't mind Carter - as I said he's trying to do good stuff like build houses for the poor and things like that. But Bill just wants to have fan worship like a rock star - maybe he's the David Lee Roth of presidents. Why can't he just stop?

And I didn't even want to talk politics in this thread. I just want to turn on the TV and see ANYONE but Bill Clinton after 12 years. When will it end? It's as if the "Where's the Beef?" commercial ran constantly for 12 years. Regardless if you liked it or not when it came out, you'd have to be sick of seeing it over and over and over again after 12 years and just get down on your knees and pray to your God it got yanked.
    in case you're wondering why I also want bill c to go away he's been on this side of the pond too promoting his book. he got really peed off with his interviewer on the beeb for some hostile questioning
    Animo et Fide
  11.    #11  
    What kind of stuff did they ask him that peed him off? I would've loved to heard that.

Also, wasn't Clinton a canidate to become the chancellor of Oxford University? Whatever happened to that? What were people's opinion over there of it?
    He was just being pushed on how many lies he told and so on.
    Don't think I heard about the Oxford Uni thing, probably more made of it over there tbh.
    Animo et Fide
    How about using a more appropriate forum for this subject, like hatemongering.com or something?