Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    you know..... I wonder if we gave these jihadists our OWN ultimatum, might they not begin to see their positions in the world in a slightly different format?
    1) you will cease all kidnappings and decapitations, or chosen parts of iraq will be nuked.

2) you will call upon ALL of your al qaeda brethren to halt operations and turn themselves in , or iraq and certain countries held in high suspicion will be nuked.

3) you will retreat from all of your hidden areas in iraq, jordan, syria, saudi arabia, algeria, and afghanistan to turn yourselves in or we will nuke your beloved iraq.
    and surrounding safehouses.

4) you will release all hostages currently being held, or your nation of iraq will be nuked.

the choice is up to you, jihadists. you will cease any and all atrocites in this world within 24 hrs, or many of you will cease to exist.

what's it going to be? moment of clarity? or mass extinction?

you have 24 hours.....

PS. "ENOUGH TALK!"
    Don't be so stupid.
    Animo et Fide
  3.    #3  
    we will never, ever use nuclear weapons peter, there is no doubt about that. but we have to deliver a manner of punishment to these people that will without question halt the possibilities of these things from ever happening again.
    true, nukes WOULD BE STUPID. but we have to SCARE them - I mean truly terrify them from ever doing these things again somehow.
    I can't help but feel total rage towards these people, and I feel so terrible for kim il's family
    I appreciate the strength of your emotions, but don't forget that if you use terror you become a terrorist. If the US can be portrayed as a terrorist nation (and it is) then there will be more people wanting to fight against you, not fewer.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    you know..... I wonder if we gave these jihadists our OWN ultimatum, might they not begin to see their positions in the world in a slightly different format?
    1) you will cease all kidnappings and decapitations, or chosen parts of iraq will be nuked.

2) you will call upon ALL of your al qaeda brethren to halt operations and turn themselves in , or iraq and certain countries held in high suspicion will be nuked.

3) you will retreat from all of your hidden areas in iraq, jordan, syria, saudi arabia, algeria, and afghanistan to turn yourselves in or we will nuke your beloved iraq.
    and surrounding safehouses.

4) you will release all hostages currently being held, or your nation of iraq will be nuked.

the choice is up to you, jihadists. you will cease any and all atrocites in this world within 24 hrs, or many of you will cease to exist.

what's it going to be? moment of clarity? or mass extinction?

you have 24 hours.....

PS. "ENOUGH TALK!"
    I think the above post is the most stupid and ignorant statement I have ever read on Treocentral and elsewhere. Not only because of the suggestion of killing millions of innocent people, but also for the totally flawed logic behind it. It is like saying "criminals of this city, stop being criminal, or we will start flattening parts of the city and kill the inhabitants".
    we have to deliver a manner of punishment to these people that will without question halt the possibilities of these things from ever happening again.
    By "these people" you seem to mean the people of Iraq, because why else would you want to threaten to kill them? It will come as a total surprise to you that the Al Qaida terrorists like Al-Zarqawi do not originate from Iraq. Most come from the US' close ally Saudi Arabia. But we can safely assume that Al Quaida has supporters in just about every country, so why not threaten to nuke everything? That would sure scare the sh*t out of the terrorists, wouldn't it? A bit harsh maybe, so why not select at random some relatives of terrorists and start torturing or shooting them? Who cares whether they agree with or support terrorism, we have to do something, right?
  7.    #7  
    I must apologize for the severity of this post - out of shock of hearing what happened yesterday and seeing its effects on the south korean family, my passions got the better of my thinking and I went off the deep end.
    yes, to do something like this would make the us a terrorist nation, and would place us in their ballcourt, and this is the ultimate in stupidity - I agree and apologize
    after a moment of clarity of my own afterwards, I realize the stupidity of my comments
    the events this were shocking and stirred up quite a bit of anger yesterday so I lashed out. my apologies.
    caution is always the better part of wisdom, a quality I should have observed before submitting the thread, so I am sorry for jumping to extremes here.
    While your method of "doing something" is not the best idea I agree that we must do something. By "we" I mean the whole world. It is very apparent that al Queda is not limited to the Middle Eastern region. They have migrated to most if not all countries. This means that every country must resist them at every level. We must not give in to their demands or they will continue to do what has made them (in their eyes) successful. As long as the civilized world remains split on how to deal with them they will continue to do these sorts of things and will likely escalate things.

Lest you think I believe we should stop killing them let me state that I think we should increase our efforts to eradicate the vermin that is doing this. Notice that I didn't say we should blow up whole countries or whole cities. But if you think for one minute that these vermin will sit down and talk and agree to stop doing these things, you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. C'mon they're killing people that are in the country in a humanitarian capacity. They have demonstrated time after time that they are not interested in talking about this.

Then there is Spain. What did Spain do that warranted being bombed? If you think for one minute that Spain has seen the last of al Queda, you're crazy. It may be awhile but sooner or later something else will happen because al Queda hates EVERYONE that doesn't adhere to their brand of Islam. They tolerate (barely) other brands of Islam but they HATE the infidel and sincerely believe it is their duty to kill us.

...David
  9.    #9  
    my feelings exactly. these people must be removed from the earth - there are no negotiations with them.
    any softening we do on our part for their interests will only encourage them to step up and embolden themselves to us.
    they must be removed from the world - forcefully, without wasting time putting them on trial or considering their rights - they have none as a result of the insanity of the position they've taken against us.

its our own survival. live with your enemies precariously never knowing when you will be next, or
    put an end to them effectively - so you can focus on the important things in life again.
    life is too preciously short to waste time trying to make nice with brutally savage degenerates.
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/25/2004 at 12:07 AM.
  10.    #10  
    and let me add that I am not saying we eliminate innocent masses of iraqis, here. I AM saying that we are to deal quickly and effectively with terrorists - they deserve absolutely no consideration - they have made their beds - so we will tuck them in and say goodnight.
    May I remind you that a holy war between Islam and the "west" is the stated goal of Bin Laden and similarly inclined terrorists?
    True enough, but they're not that bothered if it means killing non-westerners in the wrong place.
    I'm a liberal idealist by nature, but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the world. Living most of my life in a country threatened by terrorism which was funded by US citizens (i.e. the UK) you learn that pictures are more complex than they at first appear. I wouldn't propose a mass attack against the PIRA even when the troubles were at their height because I know that they are a small minority and you can't risk killing all the innocents along the way. The more accusations of killing innocents there are the more outrage there is, there is plenty of outrage amongst Arabs against the beheadings recently - that seems to me the ideal chance for the US to seize the moral high ground and start to win the support of the Iraqis and the Middle East. But they won't win any support by being heavy handed and indiscriminate.
    Animo et Fide
  13.    #13  
    that is a very good point, peter.
    I agree wholeheartedly that this the us' opportunity to seize moral high ground and allow the jihadists to dig their own graves by these horrors. you are right, no rightminded, civilized nation would ever support these people.

by the way, today, the new iraqi president - I believe that is his title, not sure ( this info was text messaged to me today) stated today the following:

" all terrorists caught in iraq will be beheaded in just same manner as they had delivered to their innocent hostages.

this my friends, in my opinion, IS POETIC JUSTICE. bravo iraq!! I should think this alone will cause the insurgents to think twice about their actions.

bravo, bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    May I remind you that a holy war between Islam and the "west" is the stated goal of Bin Laden and similarly inclined terrorists?
    And a good reminder it is. Unfortunately we can't just decide we don't want to fight and walk away. They will pursue us because of their ideology. They believe that the infidel is an affront to Allah and must be irradicated so that our ideology will no longer pollute their people. You know, ideology like equality for both sexes, fair representation in the government, a fair wage, decent living conditions and so on.

...David
  15.    #15  
    Yes
  16.    #16  
    i sincerely do not agree with your claim that the fight to defeat terrorism will fail.

first of all, who in their right minds is going to simply give up the fight and let the terrorists sit there in the middle east and set down roots?

do you think that is a wise move? the only thing youll accomplish by leaving them alone is to give them time to strengthen, grow in number and gather resources for YOUR demise. thats it. you are a westerner, they HATE YOU. THEY DESIRE ONLY TO KILL YOU. there is no making nice with them. those days if they ever existed are over! finished.

you would be avoiding the responsibility of protecting your existence. you would not be acting nobly and peacefully by turning a blind eye to it all. thats a monumental mistake, and you would pay dearly for it when they surprise you with an attack while you are resting on your laurels

youre certainly not going to WIN by laying back and watching the world go by! doing this would almost certainly allow them to surprise us with another monumental disaster. either we get them or they get us. very simple.

your other point as to which side is the terrorist. when was the last time you saw the US negotiate with the world via decapitation of innocents?

when was the last time you saw the US fly hijacked jets directly into major, heavily inhabited skyscrapers? do you have to ask this?
    its disturbing that you do.

you also said that you think there is a happy content place for all these horrible devils of mankind. absolutely not..

THERE IS NO PLACE ON GOD`S GREEN EARTH FOR ANYONE WHO HAS LIVED THEIR LIVES DECAPITATING INNOCENT PEOPLE! PERIOD! THERE IS NO MORE TO BE SAID.

the bush administration is trying to deal with the current situation as best it can. lets face it..who, really, is going to have all the answers when it comes to dealing with irrational and crazed madmen as these we are fighting with in the middle east. how many people can truly say, oh i would handle the situation SO much more effectively. please, maybe differently, but not with any real difference in the situation. it is what it is.
    you are dealing with complete lunatics - there IS no negotiation, there is no peaceful solution and there is no place where we can all get along. there is no perfect solution. they are evil. they must be removed from our world. .
    end of argument.

there will be a thousand differing opinions about how bush is going about it the wrong way or how badly foreign relations has "eroded." in my view, our attack on terrorism had to be done. you can argue which country you think we should have focused on first, but in the end, these terrorists are going to have occupied all of these middle eastern nations anyway.

we started in afghanistan, now we are in iraq. we chose iraq to be our battleground where we launch our attack on these terrorists. the main point - we are on their turf now. the attack on this turf is absolutely necessary. we are there to remove them as threats to the world from their own land rather than being forced to have to do it in our own, while cleaning up the bodies of americans after one of their attacks.

i may differ from you, but i think its better to fight them in the middle east than in the united states. no question. bush`s goal - remove saddam and a torturous, corrupt regime and establish a humane environment for iraqis to build their OWN way of life. he hopes by doing this, other countries may follow suite. not that they all have to adopt american beliefs, just that they may live more humanely and with freedom. and that, chick dance is what i believe the goal is!
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/25/2004 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typo
  17.    #17  
    listen, you're free to think however you wish.

x are terrorists to us, and we are terrorists to x. whatever you wanna do, ok?
  18.    #18  
    and please, im not trying to convince YOU of anything, k?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Point F: Where's PeterBrown when I need him?
    You wrote that at 3:10 am my time!
    Animo et Fide
    these people must be removed from the earth - there are no negotiations with them.
    they must be removed from the world - forcefully, without wasting time puttin them on trial or considering their rights.
    You did not learn from your first post... Who are "these" people you want to shoot at sight, lynch, burn alive, whatever? Do they all have "Al Qaida Terrorist" written on their back, or would you just shoot a certain proportion of people with beards and a prayer rug?

I assume you have grown up in a Western society, but it seems that key values of a Western society, like a fair trial, have been wasted on you. You claim to despise terrorists, but your line of thinking and arguing is almost the same as theirs - even if maybe you do not actually kill innocent people, but only suggest they may be killed, either by nuclear bombs or by killing without trial.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast