Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Like when the goalie jumps up under a player you mean? There was no foul.
    P.P.S.: If a goalie wants to jump up and can't because of a player - that IS a foul in the goal area...!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    It is like burning a kilt for showing your discomfort with an English referee. Probably close, but wrong nontheless.....
    I would not stand in the way of you burning kilts, this is a good idea and should be practiced more regularly.
    Animo et Fide
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Shakespeare who?
    And may I add that both of you culup and PB are cuckoos!
    That was a fowl thing to say.
    Animo et Fide
    That was a fowl thing to say.
    Now I see what you mean. You think the referee saw a fowl, and that's why he whistled...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Sorry. At the time it sounded funny. But I did mean it in an endearing way.
    If PeterBrown finds it a foWl thing to say, it would be fair of you to say that you meant it enDEERing... and will I ever forgive you the typo in my name?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    P.P.S.: If a goalie wants to jump up and can't because of a player - that IS a foul in the goal area...!
    No it's not - unless the player pushes the goalie away, or holds him in some way. If he's standing there trying to reach the ball himself then it's not a foul. I've just been reading the FIFA Handbook
    Animo et Fide
    No it's not - unless the player pushes the goalie away, or holds him in some way. If he's standing there trying to reach the ball himself then it's not a foul. I've just been reading the FIFA Handbook
    "Holds him in some way"... that pretty much describes it, at least in my biased view. Let's hope Federer will not beat Henman, that would be really bad for the referee.
  8.    #28  
    Well, Henman would have to get past Andy Roddick first, I think. Assuming Roddick gets through of course. I'm not all that sure if Henman is good enough, although he seems a lot more determined than ever before. I think I might go and slip a tin of itching powder into Federer's bed if they're playing each other in the final.
    Animo et Fide
  9.    #29  
    After last night's game I think I'm going to support Greece! Fantastic result!
    What did I say? hey? I'm going to Greece for my holiday this year for sure! After the Olympics as well Greece will be absolutely buzzing!
    Animo et Fide
  10.    #30  
    The biggest upset in thex
    Animo et Fide
  11.    #31  
    Mobile sodding forum. Ahem.

The biggest upset in the history of European football! Postpone the Olympics, no-one will be working in Greece for a while.
    Animo et Fide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12