1.    #1  
    everyone is using this disgustingly corporate word "per" in their business receipts, bills, and emails anymore.

this craze is just started going rampant within the last 6 months or so.. geez its everywhere... i delivered this as 'per' the email you sent me.. or the following accessories were sent "per" the instructions you gave..

nauseating. sounds like a type A, anal retentive, obnoxious know it all using some yuppie brown nosing phrase. ugghh... irritating.

probably some new wave corporate term which has been memo`d to all the cubicles as the NEW VISA VIE phrase which will lighten up the cost of paper somehow in the grand scheme.

dont know about you, but i hate this crap. use english. works well. doesnt sound yuppie-ish, and gets the point across without making you have to to a double take.
    Per your comments, I agree completely. Two other words/phrases make me think twice about whether the speaker knows what he/she is saying:

- irregardless

- "I could care less", instead of "I couldn't care less"
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    This really embiggens me to think outside the box and is a very cropulent subject.
    Oh yea, did everyone get the TPS report on this? I think it was on the cover page....
    I'm a-fixin to get the report now.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    That would be greeeeeat.....(with coffee cup in hand)
    yea...we'll have you come in on Sunday as well....suuuuuuper....
  8.    #8  
    you guys nailed it on the head..... office space was exactly the thought that comes to mind whenever this per crap is used... lol. right on
    Well I'm inclined to agree, if only in point of view of the fact that so much of my daily routine is occupied with meaningless buzz words, when all I want to do is go after low hanging fruit.
    Animo et Fide
    Peter,
    Sounds like one heck of an action plan you got there. I can feel the synergy already! Way to empower yourself! Sounds like you have some real crisp, robust core competencies.How do you have the bandwidth to do all this?

Tell you what, lets see some metrics about this, you can use powerpoint. Nice to see we are all on the same page about this.This is a real heads up approach I think.

You'll be out of the cube farm in no time and up to mohogany row making the big bucks!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    nice find there cash
    What's the big deal? It's shorter than saying, "as referenced in", "as you said", etc.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    What's the big deal? It's shorter than saying, "as referenced in", "as you said", etc.
    i sent you the headset as you requested in your email

vs

i sent you the headset per your email.

mmm... hmm.. well.. nah.. i still think its one helluva lame buzzword or whatever it is.

its just sounds and appears as improper or ridiculous wording, ya know?
    maybe it shortens things, but ill tell ya it just looks way off to me. - it screams "office space ", the movie

just my opinion.
    I don't know, "Per" has beeen around a long time, like "via". It's not one of the newer BS Bingo buzzwords of the past 20 years...

Per you request, I am sending the earphones you asked for Via UPS.

six of one, half dozen of the rest...
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    The phrase "FYI" drives me crazy.

Just tell me what ever it is your are going to say. Of course its "for my information" you are telling me right now arn't you?

Sheesh
    It's a real "English" word, it's just being used in a strange way—and it's being overused. That's the part that bothers me. In a world where people constantly swap "their" and "there" with no objections, and can't even be bothered to use the effortless spell checkers available today when they encounter a "big word", I can't knock the use of a word that's not on MTV.

per
    1. To, for, or by each; for every: Gasoline once cost 40 cents per gallon.
    2. According to; by: Changes were made to the manuscript per the author's instructions.
    3. By means of; through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog
    The phrase "FYI" drives me crazy.

Just tell me what ever it is your are going to say. Of course its "for my information" you are telling me right now arn't you?

Sheesh
    It adds quite a bit to a phrase. It tells you it isn't too important, and that above all, do not get into a huff over it, I'm not implying you need to take action.