1.    #1  
    We have lost a real legend.

Ray Charles is an icon! Aside from his musical contributions and person charisma to the entertainment industry he was also a philanthropist. He donated $1,000,000 to charity and that's putting your money where your mouth is! Sad that more rich people do not follow suit.

I will remember Mr. Charles with a smile in my heart for who he was and how he tried to help people.

To read more about Mr. Charles click here:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 06/11/2004 at 06:46 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I had the pleasure of seeing him in person at a concert a long time ago. He was great. I have one of his CD's and play it often.
    One billion? Wow.
    =(
    The music biz needs more folks like Ray. My little kids love his cameo in "The Blues Brothers" movie as the music shop owner that could squeeze some amazing licks out of the worn out electric piano.

EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    A sad day. First Ron and now Ray. They say celebs usually go in threes. Who will be next.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Gonna miss him
    Yep, he was a truly gifted and talented man. I wish the best for his fans and I'll buy his cd coming out next month, to partially show my appreciation.
    What a role model he was for overcoming obstaclesI remember him on a talk show describing how he would ride bike or scooter alone by having his brother ride ahead and he would follow the sound. Amazing what is a handicap for some is simply another thing to conquer for others.
    My parents actually met on a blind date, seeing Ray Charles in concert. (yes, the irony is never lost in the telling of the story). I loved his music and will miss him.

Louis
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    One billion? Wow.
    Ooops, that was one Million.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Ooops, that was one Million.
    Still many times more than I am able to.