Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 605
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I cant believe that I took the time to look through this thread
    Welcome to TC's version of Reality world....
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by antagonist
    girls with treos would be sexy....women too
    Darn, I'm still lugging around my HitachiG1000. I guess that just makes me frumpy. Oh well maybe when the new Treo comes out, I can upgrade my status to hottie! --Not too sure my husband would be happy about that, tho.

    BTW, we need a nice short inoffensive term for women that is an equivalent to the word "guys". I think males of all ages just assume "girls" fits the bill but they don't realize how many women are offended at being referred to as a "girl" right off the bat. Gentleman, in case you don't know, "girls" has been used to demean women often enough that it has negative connotations for many. Our taking offense at the term does not mean we hate men. However, usually women (that I know, anyway) don't seem to mind being referred to as a "girl" by men they already know and are friends with. But a stranger out of the blue saying "Hey girls" kind of gets our panties in a knot.

    FWIW, one time in talking to a male friend I asked him how it was going with the "chick" he was seeing. He totally blew a gasket and said he does not see "chicks" he sees "women." I guess men and women, guys and chicks are just doomed to argue about this?

    --Adorable HitachiG1000 owning female with Treo610/Ace envy.
  3. #123  
    Chick is a chick. I am a woman, but some chose to argue the lady part. I haven't been a girl in 30 years. Why not the old fashioned counterpart of guy - gal?
  4. #124  
    "Gal" sounds kind of er...quaint, to some, I think. I so rarely hear it used by anyone younger than my mother-in-law, that I think it must have fallen out of fashion and would have to be a word we'd have to work at reviving. I personally don't mind it, but then there's not a whole lot I mind, except for some of the terms the rappers come up with for women. When I hear those terms, then I would like to slug someone! With my big bulky HitachiG1000.

    BTW, I haven't read through this whole thread yet. I saw enough on the first couple of pages to make my eyes cross. I normally never ventured to this part of TreoCentral when I was a more frequent visitor (assuming this section even existed back then). What possessed me to not only read but post here, I don't know. If any of the guys say it must have been hormones that made me do it--again, 40 whacks upside the head with the Hitachi for you. LOL!
  5. #125  
    p.s. no offense meant, with the mother-in-law comment. If you haven't been a girl in 30 years, you and I are probably the same age.
  6. #126  
    My 64 year old father dates "chicks" my age (40) because "broads" his age look like sh*t. (his words, not mine)
  7. #127  
    I mostly use the term "Wench". That seems to me to generate the most activity.

    As in, To the Winch Wench!"
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I cant believe that I took the time to look through this thread
    I can't believe that I, too, read through every post. It was like watching Titanic. I laughed. I got a little emotional. Then I realized that I spent way too much time in this thread, but I ...can't ...bring ...myself ...to ...look ...away. Must... stay... till... the... end.

    In the meantime, I must admit that such a sexual confrontation is one that has been in the making for years and needed to be enacted. I just didn't know that the setting for such a climactic battle was going to be a TC forum/discussion board. Gangsta
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Let's see: 30+18...OMG: You are not a woman, you are a CHICK!
    Hmmmm if 30+18 makes you a Chick. I must be an egg.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Hmmmm if 30+18 makes you a Chick. I must be an egg.

    Honey chile (as we say here in the deep south), you are but an embryo.

    LOL
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    My 64 year old father dates "chicks" my age (40) because "broads" his age look like sh*t. (his words, not mine)

    Hrmmm...I've been known to "date" men your father's age. So where'd you say he lived?
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I mostly use the term "Wench". That seems to me to generate the most activity.

    As in, To the Winch Wench!"

    The only men/boys/guys/males I know who use the term "wench" use it only when referring to their ex-wives. So....
  13. #133  
    Every time I stare, I feel younger. (What did I just say?)


    __________________
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -- Michael Pritchard
    Last edited by Oops; 06/25/2004 at 08:55 PM.
  14. #134  
    Hill? What hill? I don't remember a hill?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Honey chile (as we say here in the deep south), you are but an embryo.

    LOL
    Do people really talk like that in the south? "You are but an embryo"? That must be one of them Shakespearien Southerners?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Hrmmm...I've been known to "date" men your father's age. So where'd you say he lived?
    I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy. Besides, we're in Ohio and I remember how you feel about Ohio...
  17. #137  
    So, getting back to the original topic, how many broads here own Treos? LOL! I was curious about that myself--explains why I peeked here--but obviously not for the same reasons the original poster was! I know plenty of business-savvy educated women, but without fail they are mystified by Treos and my Hitachi and call everything that is not a clamshell cell phone a "Palm Pilot". (Cringe) Alas, we clearly need to convert more females to geekdom. It is really nice to come here after a long absence and see some women here.

    I was sort of a Treo owner for a very brief while. Hubby ended up with it. So I guess I am the status of wannabe once again, but only if the upcoming one is what I'm hoping it will be.

    Okay, I now return you all to your regularly scheduled shenanigans! Sorry to horn in on the start of what obviously will be some beautiful relationships (giggle, snort)
  18. #138  
    While "other words for those of two X-chromosomes" is at least a recent topic how about: hinnys, bints (no, that's not rude), fluff-brains, mauds, totty... think I'll stop there before anyone takes offence
    Animo et Fide
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Do people really talk like that in the south? "You are but an embryo"? That must be one of them Shakespearien Southerners?

    I'm a yankee defector. It makes for bizarre speech patterns.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy. Besides, we're in Ohio and I remember how you feel about Ohio...

    I liked Ohio. It's just the weather there I have a problem with. lol
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions