Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    and if you're going to rag on me about my bad grammer on the last post, that just shows even more how lonely and spiteful you are to the world of men. give it up. yea i'm young and stupid, but i'm not gonna get life wisdom by reading conceited posts by a women who thinks she is God's gift to men. i only started posting on this thread because it was late and i was bored...it seems like you live for this kind of thing. quit staring at your computer and go out and try and get a date.
  2.    #42  
    I just went through the replies ... you people are killing me! I'm laughing while I'm typing this...
    ok first of all, this thread was posted for young people and for fun purposes only (I guess younger people know the meaning of it ,some of those a little bit older people obviously forgot about it ) ,it's not about sex differenceses.
    If any of you have a problem with the opposite gender take it to Jerry Spriinger show please.

" At 22, you might be interested in knowing that most women are far more interested in men who can spell out full words and not abbreviate three letter words than in men who have the latest technology at their fingertips and cannot use it. Owning a Treo 600 isn't enough."

If a woman/lady/girl has a t600 than me haveing one probably woludn't be interesting for her,but the fact that both her and me have one makes it interesting for a start, doesn't it.
    Alli I apologize for my spelling but my English is as bad as my Italian and Latin but what did you expect from a 22year old architecture student from Yugoslavia ?

"Haha! This thread is too funny!! This is the first time I see someone spitting game on TreoCentral. There's a long thread in SprintUsers.com that was started by a female, asking all the SprintUser guys to post their pics. Maybe Archi should've asked the TreoCentral ladies to post their pics instead of saying they would make owing the treo600 more useful."

Thats a great idea!
    Last edited by ArchiManiac; 05/31/2004 at 02:45 PM.
    Being happy is having good health and a bad memory
    A flashback from my youth just started going through my mind - two wild and crazy guys!

ArchiManiac, I truly hope you meet a nice girl with a Treo 600. Good luck to you.
    Let's call the whole thing a misunderstanding, shell we? I wish all the guys here good luck with their lurking-for-T600-chicks-endeavor and catching Motorola-chicks instead. Just kiddin'
    ArchiM, I believed you've succeeded in getting women to respond to your initial question. Good luck and enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    It's not all of a sudden. Everything from a male point of view has *always* been incorrect.
    Joking or not, if a male had made a similar statement with regard to females, it would have started wwIII (will I get bashed for abbreviating this?). This also raises a question....why is the word abbreviate so long???

That being said, this thread has been mildly entertaining, but far from enlightening...

Just my 2 cents,
    -Joe
    Any cute chicks with T600 want to chat with a cute dude with T600, PM me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchiManiac

Alli I apologize for my spelling but my English is as bad as my Italian and Latin but what did you expect from a 22year old architecture student from Yugoslavia ?
    ^ wins the thread!
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Hey boyz, Alli is out of your league, so pick on someone your size. Go ahead take a punch at me, I have a lizard on my side
    (A note to TC's admin: Why am I dancing to the right?)
    don't tempt me
    Being happy is having good health and a bad memory
    Quote Originally Posted by antagonist
    and if you're going to rag on me about my bad grammer on the last post, that just shows even more how lonely and spiteful you are to the world of men. give it up. yea i'm young and stupid, but i'm not gonna get life wisdom by reading conceited posts by a women who thinks she is God's gift to men. i only started posting on this thread because it was late and i was bored...it seems like you live for this kind of thing. quit staring at your computer and go out and try and get a date.

You've made 11 posts. I suspect you've read that many as well or you'd know that A) I rag EVERYONE on spelling and grammar, B) I'm a teacher, so I specifically rag on you young'ns, and C) although my ribbing is generally in jest, I may just make an exception for you.

As for my being God's gift to men...I am. Just ask anyone who knows me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Joking or not, if a male had made a similar statement with regard to females, it would have started wwIII (will I get bashed for abbreviating this?). This also raises a question....why is the word abbreviate so long???

That being said, this thread has been mildly entertaining, but far from enlightening...

Just my 2 cents,
    -Joe

If a male had made a similar statement, we would have had the exact same discussion. Those of us old enough to understand the humor are (indeed!) having a good time with this thread.

I'm now sitting here snortling over your query into the word "abbreviate." That ranks right up there with an alternate word for "thesaurus."
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Any cute chicks with T600 want to chat with a cute dude with T600, PM me!

All you're missing now is the infamous "ASL."

ROFLMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchiManiac

In that case, your English is exceptional. In fact, it is better than some native English speakers who post right here on TC! I sometimes feel like the English language equivalent of the Academie Franšaise, trying to keep aohell speak from creeping into standard English. Spelling is important. So is grammar and proper punctuation.
    pffffffffttttt
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Problem with language is that it is an evolving beast. There are a lot of words that make it in to the venacular of every day speech. To make matters worse, the board exists around a peice of technology that has created its own venacular. Common usage should dictate the words we use, and while I understand that there are the academia that would like to stick to what is considered proper English, without those that invent, there would be no progression to the language.

In order to move forward we must learn to adopt new words and in all scopes. While you may disagree with the direction the language may be moving, it remains as something we must grapple with and use. That leaves us with a few options: follow it, and let others forge ahead, or forge ahead yourself.

C

P.S. Political correctness has gone too far. No one here should be allowed to judge. By doing so, you have decided to establish your position with ignorance rather than asking his intention. We do not have the benefit of facial expressions or voice tones and body language.
    [QUOTE=controller]Problem with language is that it is an evolving beast. There are a lot of words that make it in to the venacular of every day speech.
    <snip>
    In order to move forward we must learn to adopt new words and in all scopes. While you may disagree with the direction the language may be moving, it remains as something we must grapple with and use. That leaves us with a few options: follow it, and let others forge ahead, or forge ahead yourself.

QUOTE]

I agree that language is constantly evolving. I hate to see it devolve. Why bother abbreviating 3 letter words? Aohell speak simply drives me up the wall.

I also agree with your final point about jumping on other people's posts and not having the benefit of body language. Those who read many of the posts on TC have learned to "read" some of the other posters. It's more difficult to judge from one or two posts without the benefit of experience. For instance, those who have read more than 3 of my [numerous] posts know that unless I'm answering/asking a topical question, what I say is always in good humor (unless specifically stated otherwise!), and frequently meant to tease. Those who do not understand forum humor should read more, then react.
    alli, you need to get off your high horse, your tone in your posts is one of complete conceit. my only suggestion is to go get laid. maybe then you'll relax a little bit and not keep this crazy-*** thread go on and on...

hehe i get laid alot but it dosent help
    YAY!!! Alli didnt grade my posts!!! I got an A wohoo

everybody on this thread, especially alli, i love you. even though this thread was really dumb to begin with, it was fun to talk trash. so no one hate me....because i will probably have actual technical questions about the t600 and i want someone to answer me.

ok. now lets all just kill this thread.....no more posts.
    everybody on this thread, especially alli, i love you. even though this thread was really dumb to begin with, it was fun to talk trash. so no one hate me....because i will probably have actual technical questions about the t600 and i want someone to answer me.

ok. now lets all just kill this thread.....no more posts.

This rates a <snortle>.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast